David Norris (coming back?) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

David Norris (coming back?)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Norris is an Argyle legend and had a reputation for his energy and non-stop running, I would be worried that at age 34 his legs might be suffering and we wouldn't get the Norris we all know and love.

He played just nine games last season, which included one Capital One Cup game in August for Leeds and then no first team games until he went to Peterborough (his home town) in February, he then played eight games but only completed 90 minutes for two of those games and was a late sub in four other games.

In season 2013-2014 he played just one first team game before being subbed but season 2012-2013 was better when he played 34 games in the Championship.

If true, we won't get "our Chuck" back but we'll get a very good experienced player who loves the club and may give us 25 games through the season in the centre of midfield rather than the wing.

A

ArgyleMatty1991

Not too sure about this. I think he would be decent for this level at 34 as a CM, directing the play of people around him. I wonder if he's being brought in to be an influence perhaps? Maybe a coaching role too? He could definitely bring something to the table!

Aug 10, 2006
can we only sign ex player's then, who is going for these player's is it adams or rick cowdrey ffs

Feb 23, 2008
I'd wager Chuck still has more class in his pinky toe than some of the players that have played for us since he left.

No he won't be the same player that left as regards to his engine, but he was always more than that anyway.

Id be well chuffed to see him back, even if it's his swansong I'd rather have him than a loan signing.

He knows the club, knows the area, knows all about the travelling and has been playing at a higher level than us for quite some time now.

Another solid signing I reckon.

Will never forget his goal on his debut, away to Crewe. If he can still score goals like that......

Sep 26, 2008
As much as I loved Chuck when he was our player and will always hold him close as one of ours, sadly I don't feel he can add enough value to what I hope our squad will be. To me, David was not the sort of player who will age with extra quality ala Nails or McCall. He was quality - without a doubt - but that was in his desire, his energy and his ability. I fear these three qualities may no longer be as apparent. David Norris is an Argyle legend. Love him but we must move on.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
chunkymonkey78":1ecomq9s said:
I'd wager Chuck still has more class in his pinky toe than some of the players that have played for us since he left.

No he won't be the same player that left as regards to his engine, but he was always more than that anyway.

Id be well chuffed to see him back, even if it's his swansong I'd rather have him than a loan signing.

He knows the club, knows the area, knows all about the travelling and has been playing at a higher level than us for quite some time now.

Another solid signing I reckon.

Will never forget his goal on his debut, away to Crewe. If he can still score goals like that......

I agree with most of this, but also see others point of view.

However I have just asked myself, out of all the players that have left, which one would be most committed to a final spell/would I Know would give all he has/would I quite like to see?

Norris would be that man...if we have to go back

Sep 2, 2008
Would love to see him back but do have concerns about his lack of games and the knee injuries he's had.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i think chuck could be our "play for 60 minutes a game" player.his guile could bypass most 4th division plodders.i will never forget the cross for mickey evans against qpr. :nworthy:

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Steve Evans":2cf33aa9 said:
i think chuck could be our "play for 60 minutes a game" player.his guile could bypass most 4th division plodders.i will never forget the cross for mickey evans against qpr. :nworthy:

Agree with this 100%. Would love to see him back.

And his cross for Evans to score is my all time most memorable Argyle moment - wonderful.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
My heart says yes definitely, my head is unsure.

As Steve says, stick him in the middle of the park for 60 minutes and his guile and class would get him through. Even though he is getting on a bit, he should still have enough left for L2.

If he does join though, I hope it's not for sentimental reasons and that he turns out a pale shadow of the player we all love and remember. Remember Nicky Marker when he returned?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Norris is one of my favourite all time players. But I worry this might be liek Wotton coming back, past his best. He has barely played, and didn't get a sniff at the Posh last season. If so, we need some you, quick ones in and around him.