Derek Adams has to go. | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams has to go.

Derek Adams as manager?

• Stay

Votes: 164 43.6%
  • Go

Votes: 166 44.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 12.2%

• Total voters
Aug 11, 2013
Derek. Thanks for some fantastic memories over the last few seasons. I forgive you for the day at Wembley. Otherwise it's been a fantastic ride.

Sonny heading the beach ball at Grimsby as we celebrated runners up spot was up there amongst my favourite Argyle moments in 35 years supporting. I thank you for that and many other moments of pure joy over the last few seasons. Hartleys injury time header. The Liverpool game and much more.

Please forgive those fickle posters calling for your head tonight. The ones who were licking your feet only 5 minutes ago! The ones chanting there's only one Derek Adams - Forgive them -,for they know not what they do!

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
arrythewurzel":3e1g9ijs said:
Derek. Thanks for some fantastic memories over the last few seasons. I forgive you for the day at Wembley. Otherwise it's been a fantastic ride.

Sonny heading the beach ball at Grimsby as we celebrated runners up spot was up there amongst my favourite Argyle moments in 35 years supporting. I thank you for that and many other moments of pure joy over the last few seasons. Hartleys injury time header. The Liverpool game and much more.

Please forgive those fickle posters calling for your head tonight. The ones who were licking your feet only 5 minutes ago! The ones chanting there's only one Derek Adams - Forgive them -,for they know not what they do!

Yes please forgive us fickle supporters as you drag us back down to the depths of the basement division for which we have spent the last six seasons trying to drag our sorry arses out of,

And i have never licked his feet or classed him as the messiah

Hes an average manager who promotes negative football and has been woefully found lacking

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
One positive Argyle 4 Saltash 3 Alex Battle with two more goals. Perhaps we will have a good team in the future if Adams is not involved in their coaching.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
On the negative tactics point... When was the last time we had a truly free flowing attacking side?

Wright Philips, Noone and Bolasie under Peter Reid?

Mar 8, 2016
Say Adams does go, who do they bring in? Pretty much every decent manager is at a club already, Brent won't pay compensation to another club to get the right man in. I think it's time for derek to go but my concern is we will end up with wotton. Clearly that isn't the answer. unfortunately with our current owner we will only be yo-yo-ing between the bottom two leagues. I like Brent as he's pulled us out of the poo, however he and Starnes and co are not cabable of taking us forward to where we want to be.

Oct 24, 2013
Clem":ivwj1shw said:
One positive Argyle 4 Saltash 3 Alex Battle with two more goals. Perhaps we will have a good team in the future if Adams is not involved in their coaching.

How is conceding 3 against part time Saltash positive?!

Apr 30, 2017
I use Cardiff as an example here. On October 4th 2016, Paul Trollope sacked, 5th October Neil Warnock appointed. Look what has happened since he has been appointed. I feel give DA one more game vs Bristol Rovers, last chance saloon. Then it will be the 2nd on the Monday I think it could be judgement day. If DA went on Monday, or before (albeit unlikely), no bringing in a inexperienced manager. Bring in a manager who knows L1, possibly a Blackwell or Cotterill, budget a deciding factor.

Jun 22, 2015
Battle scoring goals again I suppose....get him on he bench next game.

Time for DA to roll up his sleeves...his stocks through the floor

Jul 6, 2011
Army green":3g3p44wg said:
Say Adams does go, who do they bring in? Pretty much every decent manager is at a club already, Brent won't pay compensation to another club to get the right man in. I think it's time for derek to go but my concern is we will end up with wotton. Clearly that isn't the answer. unfortunately with our current owner we will only be yo-yo-ing between the bottom two leagues. I like Brent as he's pulled us out of the poo, however he and Starnes and co are not cabable of taking us forward to where we want to be.

Maybe we should get in another Japanese businessman with lots of money, there's one available called Kagami......

Apr 29, 2016
Biggs":tchv3vmt said:
On the negative tactics point... When was the last time we had a truly free flowing attacking side?

Wright Philips, Noone and Bolasie under Peter Reid?

That’ll be with Championship and Premiership players then. How could we possibly meet their salaries and still satisfy the pay cap on the First Division. What a crazy comparison!!

Aug 11, 2013
hoovermelon":3t8isbtf said:
arrythewurzel":3t8isbtf said:

Yes please forgive us fickle supporters as you drag us back down to the depths of the basement division for which we have spent the last six seasons trying to drag our sorry arses out of,

And i have never licked his feet or classed him as the messiah

Hes an average manager who promotes negative football and has been woefully found lacking

No ones died. 90 points to play for and we're nowhere near league 2 yet. Have a bit of perspective. Have a bit of belief. If he'd achieved nothing since he'd been here I'd be with you 100% but if you were choosing a manager based upon pedigree and success his cv ain't that bad. I think he'll turn it around.

Let's leave it there - I can throw this post back in your face in 15 games time if he does and you can do the same in return if he doesn't. Simples.