Derek Adams has to go. | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams has to go.

Derek Adams as manager?

• Stay

Votes: 164 43.6%
  • Go

Votes: 166 44.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 12.2%

• Total voters
Nov 4, 2012
Patience is being severely tested now. He should get 2 more games in my book. If we still aren't improving his position will become untenable.

Feb 22, 2011
Plymouth/Truro
Knarf Reprah":3r829jao said:
Bristol Rich":3r829jao said:
GreenArmy1984":3r829jao said:
35 Years Supporting Argyle

Seen plenty of ups and downs over the years

I believe we have the right man to move us up league 1

Last 2 seasons have been exciting with play offs & promotion

This season I knew would be a challenge

Will honestly be happy to Finish 5th From Bottom this season

COYGs :scarf:

Just do us all.a favour and pipe down tonight with this mindless optimism.
Of course he's optimistic......he never attends matches

Thought the blind optimism was based on watching us play maybe a glimmer of hope in Adams's system, sadly it's just based on they're our team so hopefully they will win soon

B

BenPAFC96

Problem is, if Adams goes, the new manager has still got to work with players who potentially are not good enough for this standard of football

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
oddball":17wuwryc said:
how many more matches do we have to lose before Adams is sacked......

We are stuck with him all season. Brent will never have the balls to sack him and he wont walk away from a lucrative contract with a tarnished record.

Not sure a new manager would be much good until January as his hands will be tied with injuries and no signings.

We need Taylor and Oscar back desperately but at this rate we could be cast adrift at the bottom of the league

C

Charles Plym

BenPAFC96":1ezpt5un said:
Problem is, if Adams goes, the new manager has still got to work with players who potentially are not good enough for this standard of football
But they might at least be encouraged to venture towards the opponents goal ! I'd settle for trying o win a game

C

Charles Plym

See how we are after ten games ? It's a fairer reflection ......oh yeah fudging bottom !

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Another defeat is a defeat however you try dressing it up! Too late for Adams. The rot has set in and it's going to take a miracle to get us out of this. Look at the style of football we are playing. Where is the next goal coming from? Far to negative for this league and we only have a few players good enough at this level.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Carlo":3mfy9bqx said:
soccerpilgrim":3mfy9bqx said:
oddball":3mfy9bqx said:
how many more matches do we have to lose before Adams is sacked......

Saturday's a 'good one' to get right in that winning at Bristol Rovers will be a big lift for players and fans; after last season, and on the back of tonight, he deserves that opportunity. If it doesn't go to plan, he'd do the right thing to walk away and quit.

What do you mean on the back of tonight?!

I thought a bit was put right tonight. We were close to a point from a really difficult game, so the manager and team are clearly pulling together to try and end the poor run. Wigan were obviously still better than us, but who came into this division expecting us to be better than Wigan - or thinks the manager is to blame because we're not?

After Doncaster, MK, Blackpool and other games, DA didn't look much like a manager who could prepare his players for an away game at Bristol Rovers - but I feel differently after tonight. He deserves a shot at a bigger one of our games. It's a winnable game, albeit no-one will now expect it from us. It is really badly needed now though.

Oct 31, 2015
No other manager in a league would be given this many chances. We wont do anything on Saturday either.

One shot on target in 3 games is awful. No goals at all in the first half in 10 games is carp.

Assessment after 10 games which everyone was talking about is here. Not good enough.

HE HAS TO GO BRENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 12, 2016
Even with these two players back I don't think we will be much better.The million dollar question ? Who is going to score the goals we so desperately need

Oct 10, 2012
I see absolutely no reason how 1 win in 10 with only 6(?) goals scored in that time is good enough reason to keep him on. Bottom of the league for a reason.