Do you want James Brent to continue as Chairman/Owner? | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do you want James Brent to continue as Chairman/Owner?

Do you want JB to continue as Chairman/Owner

• Yes

Votes: 168 75.7%
  • NO

Votes: 54 24.3%

• Total voters

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
23,000 would be a bonus. 20,000 would be good and upwards of 17,500 OK as long as we don't lose the corners of the ground for ever to future seating. All the city's sports clubs are struggling and it makes so much sense to pool resources and facilities where possible and make Home Park along with the Life Centre the sports hub of the city. Pitches today will take rugby and football and a shared Ice/Basketball arena would make sense too.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Womble":2r8j3fq1 said:
IJN":2r8j3fq1 said:
Agreed Jerry. I just hope PAFC and PCC can get together and sort this mess out.

It's obvious HHP can't now work, and it's also obvious the only way (apart from JB selling to a Billionaire) to move forward is to engage with PCC, remind them that we are the tenant and hope beyond hope that PCC see the need for a stadium to be proud of.

I do wonder if we chuck the loss making Albion and the loss making Raiders into the mix, whether we could have a sports complex in one place. Not ideal, but if we get a 23,000 seater stadium out of it, it would please most of us I think.

I agree with every word of that apart from the "not ideal" sign off. What you describe sounds like the perfect answer for all 3 clubs, and would give the council a sound reason to invest in the project.

I don't like the thought of sharing it with egg chasing, hence my 'not ideal' comment, but I would say that Albion being saved and us getting a decent Grandstand would be a great result.

We could have a sign somewhere saying 'Welcome to Home Park - The home of Plymouth Sport'. :greensmile:

Works for me.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Wouldn't that mean apologising for the statement that the board released about Bretonside?
:think:
I think JB might apologise, but some of the others?
I'm not so sure.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
This is the grown up world of business Paul not the internet world.

If all parties can reach a state of symbiosis, then all is well.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":7ge3iny5 said:
This is the grown up world of business Paul not the internet world.

If all parties can reach a state of symbiosis, then all is well.
Let's hope they leave the talking to the grown ups then Ian.
Not the one who throws toys out the pram.

Not enough symbiosis used on a football forum.
A challenge for Saturday's brief synopsis :lol:

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
I'd forgotten about that Dan McCauley Talksport interview, that was incredible. Did a quick google but couldn't find a transcript.

S

Sean_Elwick

What a bunch of ignorant, whinging, moaning Nanas we have. Make Newcastle supporters look positively delirious! Make no mistake some of this 'anti everything' sentiment will drag the club down.

S

Sean_Elwick

IJN":3pmesba3 said:
Womble":3pmesba3 said:
IJN":3pmesba3 said:
Agreed Jerry. I just hope PAFC and PCC can get together and sort this mess out.

It's obvious HHP can't now work, and it's also obvious the only way (apart from JB selling to a Billionaire) to move forward is to engage with PCC, remind them that we are the tenant and hope beyond hope that PCC see the need for a stadium to be proud of.

I do wonder if we chuck the loss making Albion and the loss making Raiders into the mix, whether we could have a sports complex in one place. Not ideal, but if we get a 23,000 seater stadium out of it, it would please most of us I think.

I agree with every word of that apart from the "not ideal" sign off. What you describe sounds like the perfect answer for all 3 clubs, and would give the council a sound reason to invest in the project.[/quote

I don't like the thought of sharing it with egg chasing, hence my 'not ideal' comment, but I would say that Albion being saved and us getting a decent Grandstand would be a great result.

We could have a sign somewhere saying 'Welcome to Home Park - The home of Plymouth Sport'. :greensmile:

Works for me.

In melbourne our multi purpose stadium is fantastic. 4 clubs from the one stadium provides return on the infrastructure investment. Ideal or not it will be increasingly common.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Sean_Elwick":q6yqtqhk said:
What a bunch of ignorant, whinging, moaning Nanas we have. Make Newcastle supporters look positively delirious! Make no mistake some of this 'anti everything' sentiment will drag the club down.

Lovely

M

Millbridgemike

Sean same here in Ottawa, we have a 24,000 seat stadium shared with a CFL football team (that's gridiron football) and soccer (real football) with a 10,000 seat indoor facility for ice hockey, that can also be used for basketball, tradeshows and concerts.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It needs sorting before we get left behind. Exeter have all the geographical and transport advantages and a Premier rugby team. Do we really want them to overtake us in the football world over the coming years as well?

T

t._green

Yes, absolutely yes!

He is our owner—the only person to step in and save our club from oblivion.

He has a plan to take this football club forward and he is also a sensible businessman and a safe pair of hands.

That's good enough for me

We really, really seriously need to stop comparing ourselves with Exeter as if that were the only yardstick.