Do you want James Brent to continue as Chairman/Owner? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do you want James Brent to continue as Chairman/Owner?

Do you want JB to continue as Chairman/Owner

• Yes

Votes: 168 75.7%
  • NO

Votes: 54 24.3%

• Total voters
Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I voted no, as he is a chairman who does not appear to have any vision or ambition for the club. People say Sheridan is uninspiring - i feel that about Brent.

However he does have a lot going for him (not least the lack of alternatives). He has invested a fair amount in the team, and stabalised us financially. However he alienated many fans with the terrible faliure to plan or build a grandstand, and the openness and transparency promised to us have not materialised. Certain parts of the club continue to be run in the same amateur manner as previously.

JB is a reasonable owner, not particlarly good but not particularly bad.

Apr 4, 2004
I voted stay. But that is only because I'm still in the mindset that it's him or we go to the wall. I have no idea if that is the truth or if maybe there is someone out there who wants the clubs for the right reasons. If there was and it was publicly known then I'm certain this poll would look very different.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Womble":ec6qoidc said:
I voted no, as he is a chairman who does not appear to have any vision or ambition for the club. People say Sheridan is uninspiring - i feel that about Brent.

However he does have a lot going for him (not least the lack of alternatives). He has invested a fair amount in the team, and stabalised us financially. However he alienated many fans with the terrible faliure to plan or build a grandstand, and the openness and transparency promised to us have not materialised. Certain parts of the club continue to be run in the same amateur manner as previously.

JB is a reasonable owner, not particlarly good but not particularly bad.

Pretty much how I feel.

Jul 6, 2011
How many megabytes was used up on this waste of thread space?
I'm sure there is a Japanese businessman out there somewhere willing to send us some money (one day) or maybe a cornish developer who will pay for a new grandstand when he's solvent again, I think I also see pigs flying through the clouds, ahhh, little purple ones......
Do me a favour!!!!

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
briangreen":11nym706 said:
I'm sure there is a Japanese businessman out there somewhere welling to send us some money or maybe a cornish developer who will pay for a new grandstand when he's solvent again, I think I also see pigs flying through the clouds, ahhh, little purple ones......
Do me a favour!!!!

Don't you mean little a ginger one? :greensmile:

Jul 6, 2011
Mike Greening":1f9cdz7r said:
briangreen":1f9cdz7r said:
I'm sure there is a Japanese businessman out there somewhere welling to send us some money or maybe a cornish developer who will pay for a new grandstand when he's solvent again, I think I also see pigs flying through the clouds, ahhh, little purple ones......
Do me a favour!!!!

Don't you mean little a ginger one? :greensmile:

Very subtle, I like that :lol:

StroudGreen

♣️ PASTA Member
Dec 27, 2010
Stroud
So the point of a poll is I assume to vote for options......oh wait a minute....pointless!

Until another option is on the table, in Brent we must trust.

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
Womble":rsu777qx said:
I trusted the last lot unconditionally - to hell with that approach again. Question everything - its OUR club.

Sadly the supporters, at many clubs, are now only a revenue source, instead of being seen as the heart of a club. Mostly ignored and served platitudes when fitting. In general many clubs are owned by money men out to serve their own self-interest. This is why we ended up in administration. James Brent is still on a learning curve and so are we as to his balance of (obvious) self- interest and progression of the football club. He does come across to me as a decent, honourable man, but a business man as well. However, as he readily admits, he had no real interest in football on taking over but is starting to become more so.

Only time will tell.

Jul 29, 2010
Penmaster":3d0wxzxc said:
For anyone who has answered 'No', could you name another person or alternative ownership structure to replace JB?

He ain't perfect but he has kept the club going. He has implemented long term plans to reduce debt. He has appointed a manager with experience of success in lower leagues and provided a budget for a squad which should be capable of challenging for promotion. What more can he realistically do?

Even if he doesn't chop JS if we miss out on the play-offs, he is still the only option. His financial success is localised - he needs Plymouth (the city) to flourish to protect his other investments and projects. Part of that is having a successful Argyle so, I can only ever see him wanting what is best for the club as that is what is going to best for him. Complete opposite of the 'New World'.

This. What alternative is there?

A no vote can only therefore be a vote for oblivion for Argyle, who'd vote for that?

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Q: If Dan McCauley were to offer to buy the club, pay off its debts and pump several hundred thousands of pounds into the squad (which he used to do frequently) would you welcome him back, or would you say 'we'll stick with James please'?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
:lol:
up_the_line":c8eq3zir said:
Q: If Dan McCauley were to offer to buy the club, pay off its debts and pump several hundred thousands of pounds into the squad (which he used to do frequently) would you welcome him back, or would you say 'we'll stick with James please'?

He was the guy involved in running the City Airport and developing Drakes Island? That Dan?? :whistle: