Do you want James Brent to continue as Chairman/Owner? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do you want James Brent to continue as Chairman/Owner?

Do you want JB to continue as Chairman/Owner

• Yes

Votes: 168 75.7%
  • NO

Votes: 54 24.3%

• Total voters
Apr 15, 2008
London
Just watching the Bristol City chairman on the live match coverage. Seems like they have a vision for sport in the city. We could do with a bit of that down here.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Be very careful what you wish for. My view is he is a steady hand on the good ship Argyle.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
crownhillpilgrim":1g56t86t said:
Just watching the Bristol City chairman on the live match coverage. Seems like they have a vision for sport in the city. We could do with a bit of that down here.

I think it helps if you're worth about £280 million. Maybe I'm wrong. :thumbs:

Apr 15, 2008
London
IJN":tnyvm5jf said:
crownhillpilgrim":tnyvm5jf said:

I think it helps if you're worth about £280 million. Maybe I'm wrong. :thumbs:

Oh yes, vision.... and money of course. :lol:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
A billionaire to whom 50/60 million sterling is pocket change.

Apr 1, 2009
IJN":v7fkk09b said:
Ollieargyle9":v7fkk09b said:
Get rid ASAP!!!

I don't want a chairman who wants our club to be run on sound financial footing, I wanted us plunged back into administration within 2 years. All this "within our means" clap trap is keeping us afloat and slowly but surely sorting out our debt issues, what an utter travesty that could all turn out to be if we ended up paying off the previous regime's debts and ensured all of the money coming through our gates was spent on the club itself, FLIP THAT!!!

I want to see this club rudderless, I want it run with no sense of direction. Targeting the Championship football over the next few years is far too realistic for me, what I want to see is us targeting vague "more ambitious" goals that sound nice when posted by people on here. Who needs sustainable Championship football as a target when we can aim for "far more" or "what we deserve", they are surely more achievable visions for our club

I also don't hand my money over to this football club to see it spent on the playing staff and James Brent saying yes to all of Sheridan's targets is ensuring that is happening, what an utter disgrace that is. We actually offered money for one of our best loan players this month, what is all of that nonsense about imagine if the player had signed permanently for us; my hard-earned spent on a player really Brent, really?!?

You know what I want, I want one of those nightmare chairmen who sack their manager on a bi-weekly basis. None of this stability at the helm nonsense, a weekly ride on the manager merry-go-round would have sufficed. 3 years for a man most of us begged you to keep on after keeping us up, get real MR BRENT!!!

I didn't want plans for the grandstand or talks to be held with the Council to sort out the looming balloon payment, we would have been fine! We don't need no grandstand, we got to the Championship before and staying there financially crippled us, as I said before I didn't sign up for financial stability.

Feel free to add any more utter atrocities this man has unleashed on our football club as you see fit, the sooner people realise this man is a wrong'un the sooner we can get someone else in, someone with no name but would be far better than Brent in every other way but the fact that he/she probably won't be real, other than that though...

Brent Out!!! Imaginary White Knight IN!!! :scarf:

Is that a 'white knight' or a 'white ant'? We need to know!!

Glad to see such a thread, A) It somewhat pi$$es on Chancellor's chips and B) Perhaps it'll go some way to put a certain sad obsessive off the idea that JB owns or part owns any of this website.

I would remind most of you reading this, the poll was requested by a member and a poll was created for that reason.

If I was JB and owned this website I'd be totally confident about putting the poll up. Vote for me or vote for an alternative when there isn't one? He'd have difficulty losing and, even if somehow he did lose this momentously stupid poll, he's quite entitled to ignore its findings. It's not an election and any change of ownership would be subject to agreement between JB and another party.

The concern comes when JB has had enough. He's going to want a lot of money (even if merely to repay loans) for virtually no assets. Whilst commercial potential drew JB in, it is difficult to see commercial potential in buying Argyle post JB. I'm no JB-lovie, but I see the improbability of anyone else wanting Argyle.

Perhaps this poll proves that there isn't as big anti JB lobby (or group who want to beat up JB, as Postey is fond of saying), as some like to think. Realistically we're a) stuck with him, and b) will have problems finding a successor. Nevertheless we can have a poll about it from time to time.

IJN":ihd6901m said:
Chancellor":ihd6901m said:
Any chance the same poll could be asked of the chairman?

Dont suppose so.

Did it help then?

Thank you and yes it has helped. Its astonishing that even on this website, which is pretty much solid Brent supporting territory, that nearly 30% have voted No. Another site, which we are not allowed to talk about, suggests 97% No, so I would guess the true figure is somewhere between the two, and probably a majority.

Apr 15, 2008
London
PAFC94":3iq4mlkb said:
What is the alternative to Brent?

Another owner, a club with trust representation on the board, additional investors, the return of some of the old board, Sir Roy Gardner's long lost identical twin. I don't know - those options may be viable or not.

One thing's for sure, James Brent tenure will eventually come to an end, the club will go on and fans will have another owner to moan about.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Anyone else watching the Bristol City game, and can see the huge stand being built? So, so, so depressing seeing us slip light years behind you another historical rival.

I'm not sure it's a 'failing' as such, but the failure of the grandstand is the worst part of JB's reign so far, but overall...YES of course he should continue. The on pitch failings aren't his fault.

Aug 5, 2005
Chancellor":2kid8x2r said:
IJN":2kid8x2r said:
Chancellor":2kid8x2r said:

Dont suppose so.

Did it help then?

Thank you and yes it has helped. Its astonishing that even on this website, which is pretty much solid Brent supporting territory, that nearly 30% have voted No. Another site, which we are not allowed to talk about, suggests 97% No, so I would guess the true figure is somewhere between the two, and probably a majority.

So somehow in your head you are turning a three quarters majority 'yes' into a majority 'no'? I don't think anyone will fall for that piece of spin, no matter how blinkered they may be.

Back to the drawing board eh? But good try though.

Quizmike":2iqu1pgq said:
Chancellor":2iqu1pgq said:
IJN":2iqu1pgq said:
Chancellor":2iqu1pgq said:

Dont suppose so.

Did it help then?

So somehow in your head you are turning a three quarters majority 'yes' into a majority 'no'? I don't think anyone will fall for that piece of spin, no matter how blinkered they may be.

Back to the drawing board eh? But good try though.

Perhaps you should learn to read. I mentioned another poll on another site that has 97% saying no. Thats not spin, thats facts however unpleasant they are to you. Or perhaps you believe that some votes shouldnt be counted?

The original question is a poor one because of course in the absence of anyone else its a Yes everytime otherwise we have no club.

Perhaps it would have been better to ask "If there were other interested parties, would you want James Brent to continue as Chairman/Owner?"