Do you want Sheridan to continue as manager? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do you want Sheridan to continue as manager?

Do you want John Sheridan to continue as manager?

• Yes

Votes: 100 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 127 55.9%

• Total voters
Apr 15, 2008
London
I mean, a bit of realism here - he really isn't going to get sacked... we're just not the kind of club who can sack a manager when we're having a bad run though still in the top 10.

Do I think he's doing a good job? Hell, no. Do I think he should be left go at the end of his current contract? Yes.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
GreenSam":3ew89vo8 said:
No. I still wouldn't entirely rule out top seven if he remains as manager but at the same time, if we got someone in who knows how to get the best out of a squad then it'd be nigh on certain.

Thing is it's not just finishing top 7 though; would you trust Shez to then take us through the playoffs if we mada it? I certainly wouldn't. This team on the other hand should be taking us through them no problem...

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":1tdmy9q4 said:
GreenSam":1tdmy9q4 said:
No. I still wouldn't entirely rule out top seven if he remains as manager but at the same time, if we got someone in who knows how to get the best out of a squad then it'd be nigh on certain.

Thing is it's not just finishing top 7 though is it. Do you trust Shez to take us through the playoffs if we make it? I certainly don't. This team on the other hand should be taking us through them no problem...
Agreed which is why I don't want him to continue :greensmile:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
GreenSam":chvai800 said:
Ollieargyle9":chvai800 said:
GreenSam":chvai800 said:

Thing is it's not just finishing top 7 though is it. Do you trust Shez to take us through the playoffs if we make it? I certainly don't. This team on the other hand should be taking us through them no problem...
Agreed which is why I don't want him to continue :greensmile:

Damn you're fast, somehow you've got in and quoted my unedited post :greensmile:

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Yes. Now would not be a good time for the club to destabilise and make an expensive dismissal. Plus I am not entirely sold on the idea of some on here that the team is good enough to walk this league. It is a huge improvement on what Sheridan inherited and the manager deserves some credit for that. Some of the recent issues with loanees and injuries have to be put down in large part to bad luck imo.

Sometimes you can tell when a manager no longer has the ability to turn the tide (as with Fletcher) and I really am not getting this feeling now.

G

GreenArmy

It's a no from me...he's turned the club around and got rid of the majority of rubbish but still doubt his ability to get us out of the division. His tactics and managerial decisions (ie substitutions) are often clueless and almost non existent. We need someone with more passion and somebody that actually interacts with the fans and instead of hiding in the dugout when we concede!! Mr warnock would do the job imo, get on the phone Brent

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's a worry that we are now talking about a play off spot when before Christmas it was automatic promotion.

That said, it's a yes from me, Sheridan won't be sacked anyway but a change of manager now would be too much upheaval and let's not forget several players signed for Argyle because Sheridan was the manager.

The team is capable of going on a 8 game unbeaten run and we are back on track. Getting Kellett back is now crucial because Purrington isn't a wing back, Hartley is due back as well - he's so important to the team.

Sheridan's plan A is good enough to get us promoted, we rarely lose when we score first. There's no plan B so we have to hope we don't concede first.

It's probably time to batten down the hatches and get behind the team regardless of your thoughts on Sheridan. The fans did support the team today.

It will be plenty of time to take stock or change the manager at the end of the season.

Dec 7, 2006
NO! A change of manager at Birmingham and Palace recently didn't do them much harm so why should it at Argo? Get rid of the useless plank ASAP.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
crownhillpilgrim":j44n5b6y said:
I mean, a bit of realism here - he really isn't going to get sacked... we're just not the kind of club who can sack a manager when we're having a bad run though still in the top 10.

Do I think he's doing a good job? Hell, no. Do I think he should be left go at the end of his current contract? Yes.
So in response to the question, Is he doing a good job? You say "Hell, no".

Yet you want him to stay for another 18 months before we then let him go...?

Apr 15, 2008
London
demportdave":3qxpo44k said:
crownhillpilgrim":3qxpo44k said:

So in response to the question, Is he doing a good job? You say "Hell, no".

Yet you want him to stay for another 18 months before we then let him go...?

To be fair, I thought his contract was up at the end of the season.

Don't tell me we have another 18 months of this...

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
When I see the results of a poll like this I really struggle to believe that PASOTI is representative of all Argyle fans.

Almost 40% of Argyle fans want Sheridan to stay on as Argyle manager? Seriously?

Were those who voted for that actually at the game today?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
No.

Overall since he's got here he's done a decent job but I can't see him getting us up, I would love him to prove me wrong but the lack of tactical nous is what is holding us back IMO, it really does make you wonder what they do in training when its clear to everyone that our set piece taking is a joke and that it needs working on but it seems to be the same every game. I've defended Sheridan but my faith and patience has ran out, give the baton over to Warnock who in my opinion could get the best out of this bunch and take us back to League 1 but on that topic I think this discussion is a bit pointless as I can't see Brent paying Sheridan off with a year left on his contract.