Does DA know what he's doing? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Does DA know what he's doing?

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
philevs":21utc25t said:
12 new signings as of today, 18 July. Does DA know what he's doing? Most importantly, will we go up this season?

I have very reluctantly come to the conclusion that I don't think he does know what he's doing, when it really comes down to it.
Therefore, I don't think we will go up. But I would love to have a different opinion, and I would love to be proved wrong in 10 months' time!
I think I'm as 'patriotic' to the cause as anyone else on here. However, I am not 'blindly' faithful!

This is how I personally see things - based on last season and this close season.
How about any of you, how do you see things?

I don't believe there is any reluctance at all on your part, in you coming to this conclusion.

I wouldn't consider myself " blindly faithful " as you put it , however , not only do i strongly believe DA knows what he is doing , i also believe he did a good job last season and will improve on that this season.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I reckon he knows what he is doing. He'd be a pretty rubbish manager if he didn't and I am absolutely certain he has carefully considered each and every one of his signings and has clear reasons for making them.

I have no idea where in the league the team will finish but I do know that I am looking forward to the season ahead and to finding out.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think by the responses Phil, you know what peoples personal views are.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The Doctor":25u2p5n2 said:
I reckon he knows what he is doing. He'd be a pretty rubbish manager if he didn't and I am absolutely certain he has carefully considered each and every one of his signings and has clear reasons for making them.

I have no idea where in the league the team will finish but I do know that I am looking forward to the season ahead and to finding out.
x2

He's brought in the players he believes that can do a job for him in the style that he wants. It's now a matter of putting it all together in what's left of pre season and being ready for Luton.

Will we go up? Haven't got the foggiest, but I'll be putting my usual £20 on us doing so.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
philevs":30cw4bvj said:
Knarf Reprah":30cw4bvj said:
I forgot it was a school night

Haha! Do you have a personal view to contribute?!

I have .. I think you are wrong. So, give some good reasons that led you to your 'reluctant' conclusion.

Did you know about all of these players before he signed them?
Have you seen them all play 10+ times?
Have you managed a team to Football League success?
None of the above? :think:

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Personally either way I think Adams will be gone next summer
If we go up his services will be in demand if we don't he may still have better offers than us in league 2

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Can't we at least give it until christmas until threads like this get started?

Personally I'm pretty excited for this season and 100% believe DA is the right man for the job.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
philevs":3lrm7e4c said:
12 new signings as of today, 18 July. Does DA know what he's doing? Most importantly, will we go up this season?

I have very reluctantly come to the conclusion that I don't think he does know what he's doing, when it really comes down to it.
Therefore, I don't think we will go up. But I would love to have a different opinion, and I would love to be proved wrong in 10 months' time!
I think I'm as 'patriotic' to the cause as anyone else on here. However, I am not 'blindly' faithful!

This is how I personally see things - based on last season and this close season.
How about any of you, how do you see things?
Although it's not exactly the wording I would use, I understand exactly why you feel this way. Personally, I think Argyle will finish somewhere between 7th and 10th and Adams will depart, possibly before the end of the season to a League 1 Scottish club.

However, like you I would love to be proved wrong.

I hope you're not too surprised by the reaction to your post from the happy clappers who will not see any fault in Adams but instead, choose to blame the players. Adams got us off to a great start last season and most people were singing his praises. We then came through Xmas and the New Year with 4 straight wins and as we went into the final third of the season with a healthy lead over the 4th placed team, even I was quietly confident that we would maintain a top 3 position.

But after the way in which our season capitulated and Adams inability to do anything about it followed by the shocking display at Wembley when he was completely out-Managed by Ardley, it has left serious question marks over his ability to get Argyle out of the basement Division.

With the exception of McHugh, I am not particularly disappointed to have lost any of the players who have moved on. As for his summer signings, only time will tell but apart from Osborne and Goodwillie, a talented footballer who is probably in the last chance saloon - we appear to have signed a number of journeymen lower-league players.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Good question ?
Looks dubious at the moment but too early to say so lets revisit it in 10 league games time.

I think we might be hard to beat this year but 46 draws will see you RELEGATED

C

Cobi Budge.

samjones":27xsoz1a said:
Good question ?
Looks dubious at the moment but too early to say so lets revisit it in 10 league games time.

Deary me.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
samjones":bewnec0q said:
Good question ?

It was nice last year when we were doing well and we didn't have to put up with your bile.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Cobi Budge.":u8qae7cw said:
samjones":u8qae7cw said:
Good question ?

Why is it looking 'dubious'?

Never said we would actually draw every game cus I think we will lose some as well probably including Luton at home on the first game when no doubt others on PASOTI will be campaigning for Adams out.

Just don't see the creativity, width or goal power in the squad currently.
What I do see is some big units, who will plod and might defend set pieces better than last year.

If Carey gets marked out of the game or worse injured we are fcuk3d

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Cobi Budge.":3u4gld16 said:
Most football fans tend to be excited & optimistic in the weeks leading up to a new season, not Argyle fans through, misery & despair all round.

Bring on the season, 100% behind Adams as I always have been.

In my experience, an awful lot of football fans are doom and gloom merchants - true up and down the leagues and throughout history. It seems to be part of the make up :)

On Saturday, Hamilton Accies fans were starting on their manager *before kick-off*