Does DA know what he's doing? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Does DA know what he's doing?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
philevs":2z0kyrvl said:
12 new signings as of today, 18 July. Does DA know what he's doing? Most importantly, will we go up this season?

I have very reluctantly come to the conclusion that I don't think he does know what he's doing, when it really comes down to it.
Therefore, I don't think we will go up. But I would love to have a different opinion, and I would love to be proved wrong in 10 months' time!
I think I'm as 'patriotic' to the cause as anyone else on here. However, I am not 'blindly' faithful!

This is how I personally see things - based on last season and this close season.
How about any of you, how do you see things?
My personal opinion is that DA knows what he is doing, most especially when compared to me and all the other army of fans who have never been closer to the professional game than the perimeter fence.

Apr 4, 2004
I'm worried about the coming season too. I'm not questioning whether the manager knows what he's doing but with so many key players leaving and so many unknown quantities arriving. Having said that they are only unknown to me. I'm sure they are known to the manager.

The optimist in me remembers some poor performances last season. Maybe the spine of our team was not up to it and we are well shot of Nelson, Mchugh and co. Maybe that was Adams plan all along.

I'd love to see another bright player signed, someone who like Carey can make things happen. We seem very reliant on Carey for that creative spark. He could get injured again. Who knows maybe we could accommodate two really creative players in the team. We certainly seem to have a lot of big physical lads to keep the team solid.

Anyway it's going to be fun finding out

Sep 6, 2006
memory man":2br41nop said:
philevs":2br41nop said:
12 new signings as of today, 18 July. Does DA know what he's doing? Most importantly, will we go up this season?

I have very reluctantly come to the conclusion that I don't think he does know what he's doing, when it really comes down to it.
Therefore, I don't think we will go up. But I would love to have a different opinion, and I would love to be proved wrong in 10 months' time!
I think I'm as 'patriotic' to the cause as anyone else on here. However, I am not 'blindly' faithful!

This is how I personally see things - based on last season and this close season.
My personal opinion is that DA knows what he is doing, most especially when compared to me and all the other army of fans who have never been closer to the professional game than the perimeter fence.

So all managers know what they are doing do they? Roy Hodgson very experienced manager but ultimately shown to be clueless.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Balham_Green":3g44p186 said:
memory man":3g44p186 said:
philevs":3g44p186 said:

So all managers know what they are doing do they? Roy Hodgson very experienced manager but ultimately shown to be clueless.
Ultimately he was shown to have made wrong and mystifying decisions at the tournament. He may have been wrong then but "clueless" is not the right word. However, the England sides he chose won every qualifying game. Clearly he knew then what he was doing. However, that said, I don't come on here to argue with anyone. I just put my point of view and people either agree or disagree. I never have felt the need to always have the last word.

Apr 6, 2009
This is a ridiculous post.

Does DA know what hes doing? Well more than most who post on here

I think we all thought Carey etc weren't great signings last season, Brunt was pointless being signed.
If we are mid/bottom half of table at Christmas you can bring this back up again.
I wish the season would just start so people could stop writing such drivel and actually comment on what has happened at least

Dec 21, 2015
Balham_Green":2t56rl26 said:
TonyD":2t56rl26 said:
philevs":2t56rl26 said:

I would love to know as somebody else asked... what you are basing your opinion on ?

1.. plucked the idea from thin air and thought that's a good idea

2.. based on fact from 17 days of pre season training and a dozen new players ?

3.. based on the fact that we finished in the play off places last season and are undeafeted in pre season ?

4.. from a bare bones squad he inherited and now dismantled to reassemble with lesser players than we had ?

5.. gut feeling ?

What ever it is... I like to go with facts and the facts so far are

1.. released players that didn't want to be here

2.. rebuilding a squad that is able to cope with the physical demands of league 2

3..rebuilding a squad with depth and versatility

4..building a squad of players he personally has prior knowledge of their abilities

5.. keeps all transfer dealings quiet until complete (last minute change of minds excused)

6.. using pre season to test new formations

7.. using his skills to make Plymouth Argyle a force for the coming season

8. Signed a ST that cost over 2.5m a few seasons ago

Call me an optimist but I believe DA knows exactly what he is doing based on fact, not a plucked from nowhere brain fart

1 to 8 are hardly earth shattering 'facts'.

What would an earth shattering fact look like

Messi isnt about to sign ......

Oct 24, 2010
It's probably fair to say that Derek Adams knows more about football than all of us put together, whatever he is up to we can rest assured he is making a far better job of it than any of us would. But football's all about opinions and we are all entitled to ours and you can rest assured that you will be having the benefit of mine throughout the season.

May 8, 2011
philevs":3ee8j87b said:

How about coming to Truro or Elburton and asking the Manager if he knows what he is doing. I am sure he will answers all your concerns.

W

Welwyn_green

what a stupid thread to start! why dont you go support exeter ffs. this is the sort of idiot i end up sat next to at a game !!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
this is the sort of idiot i end up sat next to at a game

Yes, he's everywhere at Home Park.

He was slagging off the 'useless' Wylde at the Hartlepool game; then Wylde made a great run and cross for Harvey to score and, suddenly, he's a brilliant player who Adams is playing out of position.

I'm thinking of taking a note book with me this season and recording some of his fickle and inconsistent comments.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
davie nine":siwb2v5h said:
I'm thinking of taking a note book with me this season and recording some of his fickle and inconsistent comments.

Better make sure it's A4 with at least 200 pages ...!

Feb 15, 2009
Cobi Budge.":371350nx said:
Most football fans tend to be excited & optimistic in the weeks leading up to a new season, not Argyle fans through, misery & despair all round.

Bring on the season, 100% behind Adams as I always have been.

This for me also :thumbup:

Aug 5, 2015
Of course no one knows until either we are promoted by Christmas or it all blows up in his face. But as supporters we should at least be optimistic about the season to come and our new team. Seems like some people are in slash wrist mode already. One thing we do know is that it's going to a hard slog. Let's hope it's our cream that rises to the top ( not a euphemism )!

Sep 6, 2006
Kentishgreen":184k5yv9 said:
Of course no one knows until either we are promoted by Christmas or it all blows up in his face. But as supporters we should at least be optimistic about the season to come and our new team. Seems like some people are in slash wrist mode already. One thing we do know is that it's going to a hard slog. Let's hope it's our cream that rises to the top ( not a euphemism )!

I wont go about this anymore but my point on other threads is you zHAVE to have evidence. There is no point in blind optimism. Signing a load of players we haven't heard of is not evidence.