Does DA know what he's doing? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Does DA know what he's doing?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":2c70c1no said:
Kentishgreen":2c70c1no said:
Of course no one knows until either we are promoted by Christmas or it all blows up in his face. But as supporters we should at least be optimistic about the season to come and our new team. Seems like some people are in slash wrist mode already. One thing we do know is that it's going to a hard slog. Let's hope it's our cream that rises to the top ( not a euphemism )!

I wont go about this anymore but my point on other threads is you zHAVE to have evidence. There is no point in blind optimism. Signing a load of players we haven't heard of is not evidence.
Speak for yourself ;)

Aug 5, 2015
Financially I don't think we're in a position to sign players we all know. Surely the evidence is that in his first season Adams got us to the play off final and but for an unfortunate run of injuries to key players would have got us automatic promotion. What more evidence do you need? Have faith.

Sep 6, 2006
Kentishgreen":dhkgbbeo said:
Financially I don't think we're in a position to sign players we all know. Surely the evidence is that in his first season Adams got us to the play off final and but for an unfortunate run of injuries to key players would have got us automatic promotion. What more evidence do you need? Have faith.

Yes the old injuries debate again. Bla bla. Nobody else had injuries. Nothing to do with tactics. How many injuries did we have for Wembley?

Aug 5, 2005
Balham_Green":huxt3921 said:
Kentishgreen":huxt3921 said:
Of course no one knows until either we are promoted by Christmas or it all blows up in his face. But as supporters we should at least be optimistic about the season to come and our new team. Seems like some people are in slash wrist mode already. One thing we do know is that it's going to a hard slog. Let's hope it's our cream that rises to the top ( not a euphemism )!

I wont go about this anymore but my point on other threads is you zHAVE to have evidence. There is no point in blind optimism. Signing a load of players we haven't heard of is not evidence.

We need to have proof that the team will do well before we can say that we hope the team will do well?

Therefore people saying the team will do badly need to have proof of this before they can say that the team will do badly.

Therefore nobody can say anything.

Maybe that isn't such a bad idea.

Aug 5, 2009
Quizmike":3fd24exv said:
Balham_Green":3fd24exv said:
Kentishgreen":3fd24exv said:

We need to have proof that the team will do well before we can say that we hope the team will do well?

Therefore people saying the team will do badly need to have proof of this before they can say that the team will do badly.

Wise words!!

Oct 14, 2015
Welwyn_green":3bpntgqo said:
what a stupid thread to start! why dont you go support exeter ffs. this is the sort of idiot i end up sat next to at a game !!

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Jan 3, 2013
What have BG and the comic journalists in common? They never say anything positive about Argo! Are you a Greek BG?

Jan 4, 2006
St Austell
I sat in front of someone at Torquay who spent 45 minutes criticising every player, tactics, the management, training, lack of investment blah blah blah. Honestly, you can't understand why these people go to games. He never drew breath. I couldn't stand another minute and joined the fans behind the goal and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Sep 6, 2006
Quizmike":4segu58d said:
Balham_Green":4segu58d said:
Kentishgreen":4segu58d said:

We all HOPE they do well.

Oct 5, 2013
Balham_Green":b8ysvy6m said:
Quizmike":b8ysvy6m said:
Balham_Green":b8ysvy6m said:
Kentishgreen":b8ysvy6m said:

Lots of insults, but not that many other views opposite to mine!
I too HOPE we do well (it's just that I don't think we are going to…!)

Jul 6, 2005
esmer":2paja5jt said:
It's probably fair to say that Derek Adams knows more about football than all of us put together, whatever he is up to we can rest assured he is making a far better job of it than any of us would. But football's all about opinions and we are all entitled to ours and you can rest assured that you will be having the benefit of mine throughout the season.
Whilst I don't think this applies to esmer, why is it with some people that if you voice an opinion that is critical of Adams there are silly and childish comments along the lines of "what do you know compared to him ...?"

If Managers never got things wrong they would never get the sack.

Roy Hodgson is widely respected on a worldwide scale, yet he was probably the only person who thought that Harry Kane was the best option on corners or that a person who had barely kicked a ball in 9 months was a better option in midfield over a player like Drinkwater who had an outstanding season in a Premiership-winning side. If you criticised Hodgson for England's shambolic campaign at the Euros does that imply that you think you know more about the game than Hodgson? Of course it doesn't.

Adams has a vest wealth of knowledge and experience, that is not in dispute. But if he presides over a capitulation of the scale of last season where we regularly lose crucial games inside the last 10 minutes and then send out a side in a Wembley final who don't even manage a shot on goal in open play over 90 minutes, then he is inevitably going to attract criticism.

Oct 5, 2013
DartingtonPilgrim":2rilfflh said:
You obviously have the skin of a rhinoceros sir, if you believe that there aren't many views opposing yours.

Thank you. And well spotted, sir, if I may say so! Somewhat of a compliment, to me.
I didn't exactly enjoy starting this thread, but somehow felt that I ought to… West Country origins, perhaps

Aug 5, 2005
philevs":2xba4stp said:
Balham_Green":2xba4stp said:
Quizmike":2xba4stp said:
Balham_Green":2xba4stp said:
Kentishgreen":2xba4stp said:

Lots of insults, but not that many other views opposite to mine!
I too HOPE we do well (it's just that I don't think we are going to…!)

Hang on. Are you saying that you believe many people on this thread agree with your view that Adams doesn't know what he's doing?