Doubting Fans... | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Doubting Fans...

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Yes. I would suggest that, in hindsight, even Roy Hodgson must have wondered why he had Harry Kane taking attacking free kicks and corners.

Also, Fergie may wonder why he let Pogba go and Mourinho why he was not more tolerant with his female physio.

However, I would still agree with MM's 98% theory.

Jul 6, 2005
I think part of the problem here is that some people take Pasoti too seriously.

It's a very good vehicle for all Argyle fans to express their views, but that's all it is.

With the possible exception of one or two posters, I don't think anyone actually thinks that they are better qualified than Adams to manage the club.

However, they certainly care as much, maybe more, so they are entitled to an opinion.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I agree once again Dave.

Pasoti is a great site for football talk and general chat but that's all it is.

It is great if you want to advertise though and it's a stonker for raising funds as well.

:scarf:

Aug 5, 2015
I don't think I've ever said that people should not have an opinion or be allowed to express it. What is annoying is that some people post as if they are the experts and no I do not listen to radio talk shows for the same reason. They are incredibly tedious and self serving and yes I do know not all managers are brilliant. That's why we have promotion and relegation or didn't you realise that?

Jul 6, 2005
Kentishgreen":2xps44d4 said:
I don't think I've ever said that people should not have an opinion or be allowed to express it. What is annoying is that some people post as if they are the experts and no I do not listen to radio talk shows for the same reason. They are incredibly tedious and self serving and yes I do know not all managers are brilliant. That's why we have promotion and relegation or didn't you realise that?
Not everyone is as pompous and aloof as you, many thousands of people tune in to football phone-ins to discuss their team's fortunes. Talking about their team and sharing their views with like-minded people is what most football fans do, or did you not realise that?

Aug 5, 2015
If that's what some people like to do then great. I exercise my democratic right not to tune or listen to such programmes. That doesn't make me pompous or aloof - I just have a life other than football despite the fact I have been following Argyle since Norman Piper was a schoolboy. Try as I might I can't get them out of my system!

Jul 6, 2005
Kentishgreen":11e2a7z6 said:
If that's what some people like to do then great. I exercise my democratic right not to tune or listen to such programmes. That doesn't make me pompous or aloof - I just have a life other than football despite the fact I have been following Argyle since Norman Piper was a schoolboy. Try as I might I can't get them out of my system!
Same here - I also remember watching the young Norman Piper as well as other locally-produced players such as Nicky Jennings, Mike Trebilcock, Richard Reynolds and Steven Davey etc. but only just!

Mar 14, 2009
demportdave":2lz7vcrd said:
Kentishgreen":2lz7vcrd said:
Not everyone is as pompous and aloof as you, many thousands of people tune in to football phone-ins to discuss their team's fortunes. Talking about their team and sharing their views with like-minded people is what most football fans do, or did you not realise that?

I'm fortunate enough to be able to take an iPod into work.

This allows me to catch up on the phones sat and sun, especially 6-0-6.

I've noticed a couple of things....

A certain caller kept coming back. I think he is a Newcastle fan but l swear I've heard him as a Everton supporter who called himself "Dixie". He starts his conversations in the same way always praising Robbie Savage.

Last week l heard a Liverpool fan who constantly phones in. He was already saying, before the Tottenham game, Klopp seemed like another Brendan Rodgers and if this continue he should be sacked by the end of the season.

Don't get me wrong. In the years lve listened to it there are some seemingly genuine football fans who have a interesting point of view even if you can agree. There are some very passionate people who love football. Heard some Charlton fans last year and Blackburn this season about how it's tearing them apart to watch their club be run in the manner it us. My first thoughts go back to our dark days and the plight which almost saw PAFC cease, as we know it now.

However, there are people who are are phoning up most of the time with some really absurd view points. Most seemingly have no patience and expect 100% success all the time. If not they demand a change in leadership either at management or board room level. Most clog the phones lines and make for a programme that has little amusement in it, unlike the days of Danny Baker and Danny Kelly when they did their phone in's.

I just think now the negative overtones somehow are more vibrant than the postive aspects and so whether it's on supporter websites or phone in's these voices are heard loudest because they are making statement that will obtain the biggest reactions and responses.

I think football has changed in how people view what they should be giving the football club as a supporter. As money has evolved football the demands of the supporters over the decades has increased. The amount of money supporters shell out for season and match day tickets has meant supporters expect some type of return back on their money. Like it's an investment. Gone are the days you turn up and "support" your team because in those days you weren't worrying what it's costing you to go for a game.

Football in essence has lost its soul to money. The vacuum will engulf everything, including us as supporters as strides are made towards a world league. The strong roots of football were based on it communities. Now it's become a global commodity it's all about the biggest deals you can obtain.

At some point there shall be a junction in football in the UK. The question will be though whether the people on supporter websites and phone in's will unite to bring football back to some realism or will the culture that craves success mean those that don't have it will be ignored by the fans of the more successful football clubs as they go on their way to help breaking up the structure of English football as we know it.

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":74vzb97d said:

It's interesting because politics and football can be very similar, you can have 2 professional men like a left winger and a right winger. Both have different opinions but we each choose to support different viewpoints even though we may not be as informed as the politician in question, it's the same with football. Sometimes we can be right and the manger or politicians wrong and vice versa.

Blair with Iraq.

Hodgson taking a crocked Jack Wilshere to the Euros.

Blair and Hodgson knew more than us and they both got it wrong.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Barriball":2gpmh9ci said:
I'm loving looking back at the screenshots I took after 2 games this season from pasoti! Some of our fans have no idea what they are on about, said it after the defeats and now it's even more obvious now we're climbing! Anyone fancy some humble pie? We've not won the league but according to some on here we were getting relegated!?

Are you serious about the screenshots :shocked:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Steve Hiscott":3lle2yr5 said:
Barriball":3lle2yr5 said:
I'm loving looking back at the screenshots I took after 2 games this season from pasoti! Some of our fans have no idea what they are on about, said it after the defeats and now it's even more obvious now we're climbing! Anyone fancy some humble pie? We've not won the league but according to some on here we were getting relegated!?

He's not alone Steve!!

Some do it for seriously ulterior motives!!

Fact!

Andy_S":2r1bnye0 said:
Steve Hiscott":2r1bnye0 said:
Barriball":2r1bnye0 said:

He's not alone Steve!!

Fact!

Who could you be referring to ?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Chancellor":3mi4fqgl said:
Andy_S":3mi4fqgl said:
Steve Hiscott":3mi4fqgl said:
Barriball":3mi4fqgl said:

He's not alone Steve!!

Fact!

Who could you be referring to ?

Take your pick!

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Maybe I have a longer memory than some, but it will be a long time until I take anything for granted with Argyle.

Their capitulation last season is still very fresh in my mind.