EFL Trophy. Newport, Wimbledon, Swansea | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL Trophy. Newport, Wimbledon, Swansea

Will you be attending EPL Trophy games next season?

• I will attend as normal

Votes: 49 20.5%
  • I will boycott all EFL Trophy games

Votes: 122 51.0%
  • I will boycott games vs PL U21 sides

Votes: 35 14.6%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters
Apr 12, 2016
Knarf Reprah":1aagwmtn said:
IJN":1aagwmtn said:
B teams being admitted into the pyramid from next season.

The death of football then

Bit deep this but the world will end when the Sun devours itself and explodes. The existing creditable football pyramid system in England will end when the EPL does something similar :shock:

Dec 3, 2005
Liam Vercoe":3tlyam80 said:
http://asia.eurosport.com/football/football-league-clubs-in-a-mire-of-their-own-making_sto5701560/story.shtml

Brilliant article here.

Yes - nail on the head - brilliant :)

P

Positively Green

The way I see it though is that it will still affect our team's concentration/morale/performance for the game. Surely the fans want to influence the FL but not to the detriment of our own team in any way. I think the point can been made through a fan's statement that if the FL continue this format into next season then some fans intend to boycot/walk out NEXT SEASON. It is too late to change the format this year.

Nov 4, 2012
Maybe the clubs need to lose out financially. Everyone knows what the fans think and they knew before this farce was setup what we all thought. It's Starnes and the like who said yes to this. Maybe they need to take a hit to make them realise. I don't want the club to lose out but it might be for the greater good.

Apr 12, 2016
My fear will be that the EFL/EPL will latch on to any reason to call the 'experiment' a success. Paying to get into the game and then walking out will still mean that the attendance figures will not be affected. Argyle will not lose out financially by me not attending as I will spend the 10/15 quid in the club shop instead.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Pompey's reasoning for a protest that doesn't hit the club financially makes perfect sense to me. Their club didn't vote for this and the fans do not want it, they are together on this one.

Our club is against us on this one. I'm sorry, but this protest/boycott is as much against the club's decision to vote in favour as it is against the trophy reformat.

P

Positively Green

No disrespect to anyone intended.
We have an excellent Manager in Derek Adams who has worked hard to prepare his new team for the upcoming promotion push. Why on earth unsettle his preparations for that "goal" over what was formally known by some on here as "The Tin Pot Trophy". Of course I understand the reasons behind the protestations and threat of a boycott (I loathe the Premier League more than most) but my priority is to fully support Derek Adams and his ambition to get this group of players the promotion we all want.

C

Cult Of Personality

It's a difficult one. Whilst I argee with the sentiment of walking out I also support the players and the manager and they are not the ones who make the decisions they just play the game I love.

I would say if you can afford to pay and walk out then fair play all the power to you. But if you want to stay and support the players and the managers then all the power to you aswell

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
The players and staff won't see a boycotted stadium and feel that its due to them. When they get 7-8000 in the league match before and after I think they will be aware of the bigger picture and understand that the protest is not at them.

The management and players are not as emotionally unstable as you make them out to be.

The protest holds a bigger purpose. You say you loathe the Prem more than most PG, but by attending you support their next scheme for further division between the "elites" and us.

Feb 2, 2007
It's an incredibly non inspiring draw. Exeter are in with Chelsea Youth, Oxford and Swindon and they will probably see an advantage in playing higher level teams. For us it's pointless- the games are always lowly attended apart from derbies and the semis onwards anyway. The decision to put Academy teams in is ill judged and built on the premise that fans will flock for any chance to see the mystical Premiership teams- if plastics turn out they will be offset by those boycotting who don't want any artificial opportunity to witness these.

We need to focus on the league and pay lip service to this, use this to give the fringe players a chance.

I won't be there I would be surprised if we break 1000.

P

Positively Green

SwimWithTheTide":2wmbavcg said:
The players and staff won't see a boycotted stadium and feel that its due to them. When they get 7-8000 in the league match before and after I think they will be aware of the bigger picture and understand that the protest is not at them.

The management and players are not as emotionally unstable as you make them out to be.

The protest holds a bigger purpose. You say you loathe the Prem more than most PG, but by attending you support their next scheme for further division between the "elites" and us.

I will attend, as I already do, to support Argyle. :scarf:
I will protest in my own way by not watching PL games on tv this season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Positively Green":3nbsly82 said:
SwimWithTheTide":3nbsly82 said:

I will attend, as I already do, to support Argyle. :scarf:
I will protest in my own way by not watching PL games on tv this season.

League One, Saturday 6 August 2018, Home Park.
Plymouth Argyle v Bournemouth B.

Obviously it's your personal choice but would you watch the above game because all this EFL Trophy nonsense is a prelude to PL B teams entering our leagues no matter what anyone says about the 90% vote rule?

Feb 8, 2005
Surely the way to go is to attend and then walk out at kick-off. (as per Portsmouth)

PAFC get the gate money. Fans show their disgust at the scheme.