EFL Trophy. Newport, Wimbledon, Swansea | Page 24 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL Trophy. Newport, Wimbledon, Swansea

Will you be attending EPL Trophy games next season?

• I will attend as normal

Votes: 49 20.5%
  • I will boycott all EFL Trophy games

Votes: 122 51.0%
  • I will boycott games vs PL U21 sides

Votes: 35 14.6%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters
Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
jimsing":13pzoaqh said:
Surely the way to go is to attend and then walk out at kick-off. (as per Portsmouth)

PAFC get the gate money. Fans show their disgust at the scheme.

While that would be good for the club(getting the funds) It also makes the "Trial" a success as the attendance will be recorded as those that entered the ground, the fact that 90% left at kick off will be ignored by the EFL ( the att will be 5000 not 5000 with 4000 leaving in disgust)

This approach is more likely to lead to B teams in the league.....

This of course is only my personal opinion.

Apr 12, 2016
jimsing":30n6w4w7 said:
Surely the way to go is to attend and then walk out at kick-off. (as per Portsmouth)

TBH I'm not sure the authorities will be too bothered supporters have walked out. I do believe this is merely the first step to getting 'B' teams in the lower leagues so they will look for any justification to claim a success. Decent attendance figures will go some way to making that happen.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Since I Was 33":264r7v1q said:
jimsing":264r7v1q said:

TBH I'm not sure the authorities will be too bothered supporters have walked out. I do believe this is merely the first step to getting 'B' teams in the lower leagues so they will look for any justification to claim a success. Decent attendance figures will go some way to making that happen.

Plus they will get their 10%(?) of gate receipts so wont care what the atmosphere or actual attendance was.

Apr 12, 2016
Adam_R":1ygt6nvq said:
Since I Was 33":1ygt6nvq said:
jimsing":1ygt6nvq said:

Plus they will get their 10%(?) of gate receipts so wont care what the atmosphere or actual attendance was.

This is true as well.

Oct 24, 2010
I doubt I will find enough interest in the games against the academies to attend but it is an experiment and it is £1m into the coffers of lower league football clubs. I don't see it as the thin end of the wedge either, this is a far cry from that ridiculous fifth league proposal which has been roundly rejected by all. It is an experiment which if it fails, as it most probably will do, it won't continue after one season but lets see how it pans out.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3kchx8r4 said:
Positively Green":3kchx8r4 said:
SwimWithTheTide":3kchx8r4 said:
The players and staff won't see a boycotted stadium and feel that its due to them. When they get 7-8000 in the league match before and after I think they will be aware of the bigger picture and understand that the protest is not at them.

The management and players are not as emotionally unstable as you make them out to be.

The protest holds a bigger purpose. You say you loathe the Prem more than most PG, but by attending you support their next scheme for further division between the "elites" and us.

I will attend, as I already do, to support Argyle. :scarf:
I will protest in my own way by not watching PL games on tv this season.

League One, Saturday 6 August 2018, Home Park.
Plymouth Argyle v Bournemouth B.

Obviously it's your personal choice but would you watch the above game because all this EFL Trophy nonsense is a prelude to PL B teams entering our leagues no matter what anyone says about the 90% vote rule?

There will be a choice though. You can decide to go to that one or alternatively go to Plymouth Parkway v Plymouth Argyle B

P

Positively Green

PL2 3DQ":1ezr6eju said:
Positively Green":1ezr6eju said:
SwimWithTheTide":1ezr6eju said:
The players and staff won't see a boycotted stadium and feel that its due to them. When they get 7-8000 in the league match before and after I think they will be aware of the bigger picture and understand that the protest is not at them.

The management and players are not as emotionally unstable as you make them out to be.

The protest holds a bigger purpose. You say you loathe the Prem more than most PG, but by attending you support their next scheme for further division between the "elites" and us.

I will attend, as I already do, to support Argyle. :scarf:
I will protest in my own way by not watching PL games on tv this season.

League One, Saturday 6 August 2018, Home Park.
Plymouth Argyle v Bournemouth B.

Obviously it's your personal choice but would you watch the above game because all this EFL Trophy nonsense is a prelude to PL B teams entering our leagues no matter what anyone says about the 90% vote rule?

No, in all honesty if this was to happen I would feel cheated (and there would be many more throughout the season) so I wouldn't get a season ticket. I would, however, feel a hypocrite if I stayed home and watched a Premier League match on the telly. :sad:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Who is saying stay at home and watch Prem football instead? There's no hypocrisy in a boycott, it's us fans standing up for ourselves and against the actions of the football league as they manipulate our sport to suit their own pockets as they try and get into bed with the riches of the Premier League.

P

Positively Green

Argy1e":3mbypu45 said:
Also there wouldn't be any Premier League football to watch as the matches are scheduled during international breaks.

We have moved on to the scenario of this trial leading to PL B teams joining the EFL next season. Can't all be played during international breaks.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It is a 12 month experiment and with all of the supporter resistance and lack of interest from the top Premier League teams, it will surely be jettisoned at that stage.

Also, EFL teams will be prepared for the vote, unlike this year when, apparently, it was 'sneaked' onto the agenda without the opportunity for clubs to debate the issue with their Boards.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
davie nine":1n7kr3r4 said:
It is a 12 month experiment and with all of the supporter resistance and lack of interest from the top Premier League teams, it will surely be jettisoned at that stage.

Also, EFL teams will be prepared for the vote, unlike this year when, apparently, it was 'sneaked' onto the agenda without the opportunity for clubs to debate the issue with their Boards.

True, but it's important to keep the pressure on and remind the L1 and L2 clubs the fans do not want interference from clubs in the PL. That is why Fans' Trusts and groups around the country are rallying together and forcing the issue.
According to reports there was strong feeling against the EFL Trophy at the recent Supporters Summit at Wembley, unfortunately the AFT were one of the few Trusts not to attend.

P

Positively Green

If you get a chance read the article on page 38 of today's WMN. In it Gareth Ainsworth (remember him?) reckons we should be patient as the new format EFL Trophy will need at least 6 to 7 years to help develop any full England Internationals. Is this what it is all about or is it to infiltrate the EFL divisions? This is where transparency would prevent speculation.

I hope Dave Nine's take on it all is right. (sorry to put your name in the same box as that awful man from Wycombe).

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
England aren't going to win the World Cup because Reading's U23s are playing Bristol Rovers for one match a season.

Part of the football league's AGM was to look at fixture congestion and how that could be eased. Their solution? Add a group stage to a tournament many aren't bothered with due to poor marketing and make it mandatory to play your first team.

Simply, the true agenda is not to assist the football league clubs, but how to latch the football league brand onto the Premier League riches. Few will benefit and our measly clubs will suffer.

Non attendance is not turning your back on the club, but putting two fingers up to those in charge of the football league.