End of Season Parade? (Monday 8 May 6pm) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

End of Season Parade? (Monday 8 May 6pm)

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
PL2 3DQ":3jc1v1gy said:
It wouldn't be possible due to the Plymouth roadworks and road closures. :)

Do it up on The Hoe! one of the most beautiful backdrops in the country--surely a suitable place to celebrate Argyle and the City of Plymouth.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
football-bet-data":3m5f0ip7 said:
People of Plymouth would turn up for the opening of an envelope if it was free

:lol:

They'd still say it was 'too dear' though John!!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Ah a Dear John, how fickle.

Jan 3, 2013
The freebies will be all for it! One of the councillors said that we only finished second....someone tell the (insult removed. Admin) there's three more games yet! Bet she'll turn up for her freebie though, colvile will no doubt have his free brand new scarf on too

May 16, 2016
As much as I like the idea of recognising the achievements of the Club, I always feel that this sort of thing is more about the Plymouth Council trying to bask in some of the reflected glory.

I'm all for Plymouth doing more in terms of self promotion, but sometimes doing it this way can feel a little cringeworthy.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Guiri Green":1d0v0yju said:
As much as I like the idea of recognising the achievements of the Club, I always feel that this sort of thing is more about the Plymouth Council trying to bask in some of the reflected glory.

I'm all for Plymouth doing more in terms of self promotion, but sometimes doing it this way can feel a little cringeworthy.

I understand your point but PCC really stepped up to help save Argyle back in 2011, there are now different leaders at PCC but overall they deserve some credit.

Jan 6, 2004
I personally don't feel parade is appropriate (unless perhaps we win the title) it was more a case of completing unfinished business after the last couple of seasons. Having a civic event for a team that came 2nd (or third) in the fourth tier of English football seems a little tin-pot

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
Green_Flash":2vlu7z9d said:
I personally don't feel parade is appropriate (unless perhaps we win the title) it was more a case of completing unfinished business after the last couple of seasons. Having a civic event for a team that came 2nd (or third) in the fourth tier of English football seems a little tin-pot
Yep. If we end up as champions then I'm all for it but 2nd or 3rd is a bit OTT.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
ninjamissile":3g19ffc8 said:
Green_Flash":3g19ffc8 said:
Yep. If we end up as champions then I'm all for it but 2nd or 3rd is a bit OTT.

Yep, gotta agree with you both.