End of Season Parade? (Monday 8 May 6pm) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

End of Season Parade? (Monday 8 May 6pm)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This article sums up the silly time for the parade.....

Herald

The 6pm time makes it difficult for the Cornish based fans to attend and those who have to travel across Britain's Roadwork City.
There's a possibility the players will be greeted by less than 300 fans and they don't deserve that.

Late Sunday afternoon is the best option.

Sep 25, 2010
Impossible to get down for a Monday weekend evening ,

What a stupid time.

What wrong with the day before, the players wouldn't mind, for a Sunday morning, as they will be on their hols the next day.

I know they will be back late from Grimsby, but it is not exactly a working day for them.

Jul 29, 2010
Then there's the probability the loanees will go back to their clubs and those with family up country would go there directly after Grimsby.

C

Cult Of Personality

Seems like a waste of time. We had our moment last Saturday at home to Newport

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Cult Of Personality":1z1a9wlc said:
We'll have it again in a fortnight when we clinch the title at Grimsby. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Apr 1, 2009
Keepitgreen":1d8ty9py said:
Cult Of Personality":1d8ty9py said:
We'll have it again in a fortnight when we clinch the title at Grimsby. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

And all the regular last home match stuff against Crewe. For me that's enough - I'd rather see them play football anyway. I hope a lot do get there on the 8th, otherwise it's an unjustified anti-climax. However 6pm on a working (and school) day, with all the current traffic chaos, is going to be inconvenient for many.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
People will turn up. Remember last year when we turned up to watch the club leaving for Wembley. And the time is more conducive to an evening reception for the players etc, allowing them to have a drink after the long season. Be nice if we did it as champions though.

Sep 25, 2010
Ade the green":387fydzh said:
People will turn up. Remember last year when we turned up to watch the club leaving for Wembley. And the time is more conducive to an evening reception for the players etc, allowing them to have a drink after the long season. Be nice if we did it as champions though.

You can drink on a Sunday now you know.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Martyn":1ezw471q said:
Ade the green":1ezw471q said:

You can drink on a Sunday now you know.

It's a reception from the council for the club, not some peed up outing to the Barbican.

Apr 29, 2016
Biggs":2julptri said:
This could be a massive PR own goal if no one turns up... The time is awkward and i don't think finishing second in the fourth tier has captured the imagination of people in the city who aren't Argyle fans.

Was it Mansfield who were roundly ridiculed on social media for their barely attended open top bus parade?

Didn't think that we had finished second yet?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It will be interesting to see how this parade works out now we haven't won the title.

So far we've celebrated winning promotion after the matches against Newport, Crewe (sort of) and Grimsby.

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":13tvbgx8 said:
It will be interesting to see how this parade works out now we haven't won the title.

So far we've celebrated winning promotion after the matches against Newport, Crewe (sort of) and Grimsby.

Had we won the title I do believe the turn out would of been good. If only because it would be the one chance to see the team lift the league two title.

As you pointed out a number of fans may now feel they have honoured the team and with the difficult time slot you do wonder how many will attend.