Eoin Doyle (possible loan) (signs for Oldham) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Eoin Doyle (possible loan) (signs for Oldham)

G

Greenskin

HongKongGreen":omprmhlt said:
davie nine":omprmhlt said:
jimsing":omprmhlt said:
davie nine":omprmhlt said:
Not in press recently but I am concerned that he will come to us as a last resource.

Do you mean last resort? or am I being whoooooooshed?
Predictive text!!!

I think if Argyle are to sign a player of Doyle's quality (proven at this level) then it will always be as a 'last resort' for the player. I'm sure there are plenty of non-league players who would bite Derrick's hand off for a chance at League 1 Football, but just because they would be over the moon to be here does not necessarily make them the best fit.

In this instance, I think a player who is on the cusp of what we are able to bring in quality wise is just what we need.

Why on earth should Argyle be seen as a "last resort" for players in this division? On the face of it an upwardly mobile club with attendances likely to be in the top 5 in league 1 and a reasonable record of past success in this division would seem to be much more of an attraction than many other clubs who ,with no disrespect to them, do not possess the resources that Argyle do. Certainly hasn't stopped quality players joining the club in the past.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Greenskin":jt7jyqcj said:
HongKongGreen":jt7jyqcj said:
davie nine":jt7jyqcj said:
jimsing":jt7jyqcj said:
davie nine":jt7jyqcj said:
Not in press recently but I am concerned that he will come to us as a last resource.

Predictive text!!!

I think if Argyle are to sign a player of Doyle's quality (proven at this level) then it will always be as a 'last resort' for the player. I'm sure there are plenty of non-league players who would bite Derrick's hand off for a chance at League 1 Football, but just because they would be over the moon to be here does not necessarily make them the best fit.

In this instance, I think a player who is on the cusp of what we are able to bring in quality wise is just what we need.

Why on earth should Argyle be seen as a "last resort" for players in this division? On the face of it an upwardly mobile club with attendances likely to be in the top 5 in league 1 and a reasonable record of past success in this division would seem to be much more of an attraction than many other clubs who ,with no disrespect to them, do not possess the resources that Argyle do. Certainly hasn't stopped quality players joining the club in the past.
as someone else said,geography.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Steve Evans":17geoock said:
Greenskin":17geoock said:
HongKongGreen":17geoock said:
davie nine":17geoock said:
jimsing":17geoock said:
davie nine":17geoock said:

Predictive text!!!

as someone else said,geography.

Quality of facilities compared to some clubs wont help either.

Jul 29, 2010
Both those, plus money. The size of a club and it's average gate is no longer a guaranteed indication of the wages they pay*.

Of the club's mentioned Wigan and Fleetwood tick all those boxes for Doyle over us.

*no criticism of Argyle, I fully support not paying over the odds.

S

sea_green

Twitterati (yes I know) are reporting that he's linking up with John Sheridan at Oldham

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Believable

In other news Exeter sign Boateng on a free

Whilst both Fleetwood and Oldham might seem like inferior clubs to us, Geography wise they will always be a step ahead of Argyle when it comes to attracting northern based players. Doyle is currently at Preston, so could even stay living in the same place playing at either Oldham/Fleetwood/one of the many clubs in that area.

Mar 14, 2009
No point wasting the budget. We have Lameiras, Ainsworth, Grant and Wylde sitting on the bench on Saturday and they deserve a chance at some point.

I do look at Argyle though and think the side lack pace, down the middle of the pitch. It's going to be a rough ride looking at how strong other league 1 teams seem to be, but hopefully we have enough to finish mid-table.

HongKongGreen":2qdu060h said:
Whilst both Fleetwood and Oldham might seem like inferior clubs to us, Geography wise they will always be a step ahead of Argyle when it comes to attracting northern based players. Doyle is currently at Preston, so could even stay living in the same place playing at either Oldham/Fleetwood/one of the many clubs in that area.

(As a caveat I would still be delighted if he signed for us!)

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Looks like it's Oldham from the BBC transfer thread.

Preston North End are likely to allow Liam Grimshaw and Eoin Doyle to leave. Grimshaw is set to return north of the border to join Motherwell, Doyle is heading for Oldham.

Jul 29, 2010
Nah, that was our one piece of business ended methinks.

DA said he had one player in mind but was happy with his lot if he went to one of the other clubs interested. He does not strike me as the flighty type that will now run around desperately looking to sign someone for the sake of it.

That said, if Doyle is written off by tea time there is at least time for Garita to drive down from Brizzle if he just wants a squad filler :think:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Ade the green":fvggrrnj said:
Tugboat":fvggrrnj said:
Believable

In other news Exeter sign Boateng on a free

And seem quite excited by it. :funny: