Eoin Doyle (possible loan) (signs for Oldham) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Eoin Doyle (possible loan) (signs for Oldham)

Apr 30, 2017
I think this the player DA is eluding too. Interest from other clubs, also said depends on whether Preston sign a striker (which they are hoping to do).

Mar 21, 2008
PL2 3DQ":2vmssgts said:
The Preston local paper and the Irish Sun still think there's a chance Doyle will sign for Argyle today.

@noriordan. Pymouth, Portsmouth, Oldham & Fleetwood among those interested. Has two years left on his contract at Deepdale so guessing loan most likely

Interesting that Portsmouth fans don't rate Doyle yet their club wants him back again to play at a higher level than previously.

This also tallys with Adams press interview where he says the loan he wants is also wanted by other clubs too, it's definitely possible that out of those 4 he may choose us, given that he's not too popular at Portsmouth, Oldham are crap, and Fleetwood as a club are a bit 'meh' (even though admittedly they currently have a strong team and good manager)

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Rob_GT4":ranfdfkh said:
PL2 3DQ":ranfdfkh said:
The Preston local paper and the Irish Sun still think there's a chance Doyle will sign for Argyle today.

@noriordan. Pymouth, Portsmouth, Oldham & Fleetwood among those interested. Has two years left on his contract at Deepdale so guessing loan most likely

Interesting that Portsmouth fans don't rate Doyle yet their club wants him back again to play at a higher level than previously.

This also tallys with Adams press interview where he says the loan he wants is also wanted by other clubs too, it's definitely possible that out of those 4 he may choose us, given that he's not too popular at Portsmouth, Oldham are crap, and Fleetwood as a club are a bit 'meh' (even though admittedly they currently have a strong team and good manager)

Re: Oldham and Fleetwood - don't forget the old chestnut...geography.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
I have it on good authority that Doyle will go to Wigan if they can offload one of Grigg/Powell. If they can't he could be coming our way...

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
You mean you read it in news

Mar 21, 2008
Tugboat":3ob3m4yk said:
You mean you read it in news

Admittedly most of the recent 'I have heard' posts are likely to have been regurgitated from a school playground but to be fair edmonds200 has been accurate with information in the past

Jul 29, 2010
Of the club's mentioned I would put us squarely last.

Three are northern and geography counts for a lot with loans, the other is more familiar to him as he was there last season...although as he knows Pompey now that might improve our chances a bit :wink:

Feb 8, 2005
davie nine":2la93kx4 said:
Not in press recently but I am concerned that he will come to us as a last resource.

Do you mean last resort? or am I being whoooooooshed?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Are we talking about a loan or as a £500,000 transfer in which case we could end up with a Swann mkII?

We don't want to be paying out for a player that doesn't want to be here let alone a disgruntled loanee.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Should think the linkup again with Cook was an obvious one, but unwillingness perhaps owing to lack of a (near) guaranteed starting XI spot at WAFC.

Would Doyle get that here? With Ciftci up and running, plus Taylor once fit, and what with the one striker policy, a guaranteed spot all season isn't that likely is it.

davie nine":1e72998y said:
jimsing":1e72998y said:
davie nine":1e72998y said:
Not in press recently but I am concerned that he will come to us as a last resource.

Do you mean last resort? or am I being whoooooooshed?
Predictive text!!!

I think if Argyle are to sign a player of Doyle's quality (proven at this level) then it will always be as a 'last resort' for the player. I'm sure there are plenty of non-league players who would bite Derrick's hand off for a chance at League 1 Football, but just because they would be over the moon to be here does not necessarily make them the best fit.

In this instance, I think a player who is on the cusp of what we are able to bring in quality wise is just what we need.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Exactly. People need to stop thinking that footballers think about clubs the way that we do.

None of the players we've signed this year would have dreamt of playing for Argyle one day. Doesn't mean they won't come down here and do a fantastic job potentially.