Eoin Doyle (possible loan) (signs for Oldham) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Eoin Doyle (possible loan) (signs for Oldham)

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
X Isle":1ca4u5uk said:
Nah, that was our one piece of business ended methinks.

DA said he had one player in mind but was happy with his lot if he went to one of the other clubs interested. He does not strike me as the flighty type that will now run around desperately looking to sign someone for the sake of it.

That said, if Doyle is written off by tea time there is at least time for Garita to drive down from Brizzle if he just wants a squad filler :think:

I'd hope we could attract better than Garita!

Jul 29, 2010
You and me both...

... but four months is a long time with just two players for the forwards shirt, arguably one replacing the other as sub every game. No injury contingency, no suspension contingency. Having another big lump who can at least cause a nuisance is better than having nothing.

Mar 21, 2008
It's not giving yourself much probability for success if you line up one potential player that is also wanted by 4/5 other clubs is it, so I'd hope Adams has more fingers in more pies than that given how meticulous he apparently is

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
19:30 - Eoin Doyle [Preston - Oldham] Loan

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
That's the squad complete then.

G

Greenskin

Steve Evans":2029avzd said:
Greenskin":2029avzd said:
HongKongGreen":2029avzd said:
davie nine":2029avzd said:
jimsing":2029avzd said:
davie nine":2029avzd said:
Not in press recently but I am concerned that he will come to us as a last resource.

Do you mean last resort? or am I being whoooooooshed?
Predictive text!!!

I think if Argyle are to sign a player of Doyle's quality (proven at this level) then it will always be as a 'last resort' for the player. I'm sure there are plenty of non-league players who would bite Derrick's hand off for a chance at League 1 Football, but just because they would be over the moon to be here does not necessarily make them the best fit.

In this instance, I think a player who is on the cusp of what we are able to bring in quality wise is just what we need.

Why on earth should Argyle be seen as a "last resort" for players in this division? On the face of it an upwardly mobile club with attendances likely to be in the top 5 in league 1 and a reasonable record of past success in this division would seem to be much more of an attraction than many other clubs who ,with no disrespect to them, do not possess the resources that Argyle do. Certainly hasn't stopped quality players joining the club in the past.
as someone else said,geography.

Geography didn't seem to stop Adams, Carey, Miller and the rest of them coming down here and you can't really get much more of a journey in British football than Scotland to Plymouth-a journey also made by many other successful managers and players in the past as well as some from comparatively Southern reaches.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
carey and miller know how adams works.i imagine that is one of the main reasons they joined,somebody they know will get the best out of them.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Would be nice if we got Nooney back.