Errington v Sheridan | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Errington v Sheridan

Feb 15, 2005
Not everyone is glued to PASOTI/twitter/Internet and so I think it's important the club/manager works with the media to feed information to the fans. The Herald and Local press do promote PAFC and keep the fan base up to speed, hopefully with what is happening at HP. However CE needs to speak to the club, instead of carping on social media.

C

Cobi Budge.

There's nothing wrong with the way Sheridan handles the media in my view, he does more than his fair share of interview's especially for the official site.

I'd rather he be focusing on the Yeovil game today than sitting on a sofa answering questions which he was already asked after the game on Saturday.

I know it's Errington's job, but winging about it on Twitter really is unprofessional and pathetic.

Aug 2, 2011
Unfortunately journalists think they are a profession above all others. Seem to think they have some special position in society which excludes them from the law and enables them to print complete and total rubbish within the tabloids. Happy to hack telephones and not even check the facts -couldn't even get the right score following the Luton game. Good on you Sheridan ignore the garbage gatherers.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Sheridan is not at Errington's beck and call, he has a football team to run and Errington's should respect that IMO. So what if Shez isn't available for comment when CE would like? That's life!

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
JS talks to the press before a Saturday game on a Thursday and before a Tuesday game on a Monday. Why shouldn't he stick to that? I'm sure he has bigger issues to tend to! Agree that he gives the press a lot more than a fair few managers when he does talk to them, so much so that what he has said can be used to publish news stories over a few days!

Can sort of understand Errington's frustration but Sheridan and the club shouldn't be an open book. He should probably be careful what he tweets, can see Sheridan doing a Sir Alex Ferguson else. :lol:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
From Errington’s point of view he needs quotes and news from Sheridan to fill a story in the Herald. I would guess Argyle news is one of the more popular items in the print and website versions of the Herald.
If Errington feels he’s not getting enough assistance from Sheridan he should speak to his boss who will in turn speak to someone in authority at Home Park. All done in private. It’s a poor show that Errington uses his Twitter account to post sarcastic comments about Sheridan.
The Herald is usually supportive of PAFC so Errington’s sarcy comments go against the grain.

From Sheridan’s point of view he speaks to the media on Thursdays and after each match, he might feel that is enough and cannot be always available when Errington would like a quote.
Sheridan might also feel there is a bias against him from Errington and the Herald, Errington is negative against his team during radio commentaries and the weekly column in the Herald from Danis Salmon is always critical towards Sheridan’s team and tactics (Branston’s column in the WMN is much better; more subjective and upbeat).

Sheridan comes across as a dour character, not suffering fools gladly, you’d think he would need the Herald on his side but probably doesn’t give a toss what Errington thinks. Delegating McCarthy or Wotton to occasionally speak to Errington might help the situation.

I’m with Sheridan on this.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
PL2 3DQ":23939p1j said:
Sheridan comes across as a dour character, not suffering fools gladly, you’d think he would need the Herald on his side but probably doesn’t give a toss what Errington thinks. Delegating McCarthy or Wotton to occasionally speak to Errington might help the situation.

Remind me ... which English County is Sheridan from again? :whistle:

Aug 11, 2013
I can understand Errington's frustration. The only part of the website I read is the Argyle area and a lot of people buy (or bought) the Herald for the latest Argyle news.

Perhaps I'm overstating it but to me The Herald is part of the fabric of the city. It's another eccentricity and The Herald and Argyle have always een integrated ..... Conjoined .... Connected.

I'll be accused of having another pop but to me this further illustrates JS's 'disconnection' from what makes Plymouth - Plymouth. I expect I'm overstating it but it illustrates he's not immersed in 'matters Plymuff'.

Show Errington a bit if common courtesy and give the bloke Some copy. Argyle need The Herald.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":1j8ouzpl said:
I can understand Errington's frustration. The only part of the website I read is the Argyle area and a lot of people buy (or bought) the Herald for the latest Argyle news.

Perhaps I'm overstating it but to me The Herald is part of the fabric of the city. It's another eccentricity and The Herald and Argyle have always een integrated ..... Conjoined .... Connected.

I'll be accused of having another pop but to me this further illustrates JS's 'disconnection' from what makes Plymouth - Plymouth. I expect I'm overstating it but it illustrates he's not immersed in 'matters Plymouth'.

Show Errington a bit if common courtesy and give the bloke Some copy. Argyle need The Herald.

I think the opposite to be more true. :greensmile:

L

leelowndes27

I'd much rather Shez concentrated on making us a successful football team rather than give Errington an interview just because he feels he deserves one!

C

Cobi Budge.

CE seems to think he has a right to a daily interview with Shez and when Sheridan is too busy doing his job CE throws his toys out of the pram.

I'd rather Sheridan continue as a football manager than be a Holloway-esc media whore.

It doesn't show disconnect from the city, it shows JS is getting on with what he's paid to do.