Errington v Sheridan | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Errington v Sheridan

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Could the club not try to provide a go-between for the two? The modern-day 'need' for instant information via the likes of Twitter really doesn't appeal to me personally (in a way I find Sheridan's approach sort of refreshing!) but I'd rather a way was found to keep the peace.

Aug 11, 2013
justanotherfan":2rwt5ek0 said:
arrythewurzel":2rwt5ek0 said:
I can understand Errington's frustration. The only part of the website I read is the Argyle area and a lot of people buy (or bought) the Herald for the latest Argyle news.

Perhaps I'm overstating it but to me The Herald is part of the fabric of the city. It's another eccentricity and The Herald and Argyle have always een integrated ..... Conjoined .... Connected.

I'll be accused of having another pop but to me this further illustrates JS's 'disconnection' from what makes Plymouth - Plymouth. I expect I'm overstating it but it illustrates he's not immersed in 'matters Plymouth'.

Show Errington a bit if common courtesy and give the bloke Some copy. Argyle need The Herald.

I think the opposite to be more true. :greensmile:

To a degree yes ... But the floaters are probably influenced by the match reports and hearing what JS has to say. We need these floaters back and what they read in the Herald is an important part of the 'propoganda' :scarf:

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
So, they get to hear what Sheridan has to say every week or so...Isn't that enough, or have we all been brainwashed by the rise of Twitter and the likes, and now the people of Plymouth need to know what Sheridan is having for lunch or else suffer a personal crisis?

May 22, 2006
It's interesting that when Argyle published the now infamous Morgan piece on deadline day, this place nearly went into meltdown. Yet Anthony O'Connor said basically the same thing in the Herald earlier that day, and it barely caused a ripple on here. In fact I don't think there was a single mention.

The Herald (and to give balance, the WMN too) just isn't as relevant as it used to be. Any real news is released, disseminated and argued over long before Errington can get his teeth into it. Furthermore, if Sheridan gives an interview to the club website, he can be fairly sure that his words will be repeated verbatim. Give an interview to the Herald, and there's a possibility that it'll be twisted out of context for the sake of sensationalism. Which would you choose?

The floaters will come back when we're top of the league like they always have.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Personally I don't see any issue at all. Errington is writing a story and to wrap it up he would like a statement to add credibility else it could be construed as just his opinion or interpretation. Sometimes this isn't available so he is just reporting the fact to explain the absence. No problem, move on. Both are professionals, both have different jobs to do but both know the 'game'.

C

Cobi Budge.

Newmansd":1647zqnn said:
So, they get to hear what Sheridan has to say every week or so...Isn't that enough, or have we all been brainwashed by the rise of Twitter and the likes, and now the people of Plymouth need to know what Sheridan is having for lunch or else suffer a personal crisis?

Yep agreed.

It's the fact that CE wanted to ask Sheridan about Bray, Sheridan spoke about Bray on Saturday, I'd rather Shez get on with his job than repeat himself just so CE can get his own 'exclusive'.

Aug 15, 2008
To be honest everyone who knows about Football knew that injury was a bad one the moment he collapsed with no one near him - we all could see it was the dreaded Knee Ligaments (Or had an educated guess it was) .

The news was ruminated over on its own thread and while we all wished it wasn't an ACL or the like, we kind of knew it was. Confirmation sadly arrived and the guy is going to be devastated and its a blow to us as a Club.

I don't see why Errington is in a huff - the news is all over the web now almost instantly.

P

pafcstafford

Ce needs to get his head out his arse the guy stinks of self importance.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
justanotherfan":270d4h69 said:
arrythewurzel":270d4h69 said:
I can understand Errington's frustration. The only part of the website I read is the Argyle area and a lot of people buy (or bought) the Herald for the latest Argyle news.

Perhaps I'm overstating it but to me The Herald is part of the fabric of the city. It's another eccentricity and The Herald and Argyle have always een integrated ..... Conjoined .... Connected.

I'll be accused of having another pop but to me this further illustrates JS's 'disconnection' from what makes Plymouth - Plymouth. I expect I'm overstating it but it illustrates he's not immersed in 'matters Plymouth'.

Show Errington a bit if common courtesy and give the bloke Some copy. Argyle need The Herald.

I think the opposite to be more true. :greensmile:
Spot on!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Errington needs to be less "needy", Sheridan needs to be more "open".

Load of fuss over nothing.

Nov 2, 2004
Quite interesting ,I remember the Chesterfield fan who posted on here saying that Sheridan would fall out with the local press.Perhaps it is a weakness.Most of you seem to have assumed Errington has not tried other avenues to improve communications,perhaps he has tried.It only needs a two minute phone call by Sheridan or another member of the coaching staff,hardly an onerous task.Perhaps Sheridan is just being stroppy and difficult after Errington questioned the success of last seasons loan signings.Just perhaps Sheridan could be a little less precious.

P

pafcstafford

We here plenty from Sheridan Thursday is media day. Aswell ce knows

Sep 23, 2005
In defence of Errington, well somebody has to, I like the breaking news info he puts forward via tweets. I also prefer his match day tweets, they give me a far better perspective on how the match is going rather than the official always overly optimistic spin from the club.

If he's irritated that Sheridan is unavailable for comment well I think it's fair enough for him to express that too but I would expect Sheridan to get more and more elusive the more he presses.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Definitely a light news day/week.

If we lose on Saturday, you can expect more posts criticising Sheridan's body language and lack of (urgh) 'passion'.