Exit congestIon! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exit congestIon!

Feb 9, 2011
demportdave":2brfhhx4 said:
pepilgrim":2brfhhx4 said:
There is clearly a safety issue and others have expressed concern, so perhaps we should be encouraged to turn right at ground level and exit via the first open door. I make no apology for the moan which is offered in the spirit of helpfulness ang genuine concern.
This is a legitimate concern which does have safety implications in the event of an actual requirement to evacuate the ground.

It must be very frustrating for those sat in the Devonport End of the Lyndhurst who literally have to watch and wait whilst most of the people from the Barn Park End walk past several exits out on to the concourse so that they can have one final look at the pitch as they walk the length of the ground to the gate in the corner.

I have been in 50,000 crowds where the stadium empties quicker than it does for 7,000 at Home Park. If the exits are not going to be used, let's brick them up and put some more seats in.

The Stewards should be politely encouraging fans to use the nearest exit as general stadium safety but instead, they just stand watching as if it is nothing to do with them. I'm afraid not being able to efficiently manage such small crowds is just another indication of the small-time club we still are.

the stewards do this already but as previous threads suggest what can they do when the ever polite Argyle fans tell them to do one! its a bit like standing at the front before kick off the fans will always want to do what they want not what the stewards want

Jan 3, 2013
It's not the exits, it's the gangway steps, they're not wide enough. As an ex MoD Safety lecturer I'm astounded that we have a safety certificate. Brizzle on the 19th it'll take at least ten minutes to even reach the concourse behind the Lyndy. God forbid if we had a disaster....eg crushing, collapse of terraces etc.this issue has been raised and raised nothing has been done. WHY?
For those of you twisting this and accusing us of moaning or using the ignorant, insolent :facepalm: this is not a laughing matter, the gangways down the steps are TOO NARROW.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
if people like you knarf stayed to the end and waited for the gangways to clear there wouldn't be a problem with numpties wanting to deliberately not see the entire match win,lose or draw.furthermore,i think that the architect and barr construction know very well how to build stadia,don't you?

Jan 3, 2013
Steve Evans":2maq6nig said:
if people like you knarf stayed to the end and waited for the gangways to clear there wouldn't be a problem with numpties wanting to deliberately not see the entire match win,lose or draw.furthermore,i think that the architect and barr construction know very well how to build stadia,don't you?
the gangways don't clear at the end of the match! That's what the problem is.they may "know" how to build stadia, but the egress is a major problem AT THE END OF THE GAME, and you very well know it, you're missing the point entirely.

Sep 20, 2003
I went on the tour of Old Trafford last year where we were informed that it takes 7 1/2 minutes to clear the full stadium. This is due to the large exits, large concourses and large stairways. I am lucky if I reach the bottom of the Lyndhurst from my seat at the top in 10 minutes.

Jan 3, 2013
Wozzer":s1qbxx9a said:
I went on the tour of Old Trafford last year where we were informed that it takes 7 1/2 minutes to clear the full stadium. This is due to the large exits, large concourses and large stairways. I am lucky if I reach the bottom of the Lyndhurst from my seat at the top in 10 minutes.
exactly wozzer, some on here can't see it and just sling childish insults.
That's the problem with school holidays......see the sarcasm there?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Wozzer":3in34d2l said:
i believe you went to old trafford for a stadium tour :yawn: ,but each to their own however,i find it very hard to believe that it only takes 7 & 1/2 minutes to clear.they can say anything they want can't they to show what a brilliantly managed business it is?

Jan 3, 2013
Steve Evans":3sdd28he said:
Wozzer":3sdd28he said:
i believe you went to old trafford for a stadium tour :yawn: ,but each to their own however,i find it very hard to believe that it only takes 7 & 1/2 minutes to clear.they can anything they want can't they to show what a brilliantly managed business it is.
Wozzer we must agree with everything Evans says....he's always right you know....
Steve if Wozzer wants to visit old Trafford , why not? And you sling an insult because you don't agree. Still back to school later.

Sep 20, 2003
Steve Evans":2ifdvdgi said:
Wozzer":2ifdvdgi said:
i believe you went to old trafford for a stadium tour :yawn: ,but each to their own however,i find it very hard to believe that it only takes 7 & 1/2 minutes to clear.they can anything they want can't they to show what a brilliantly managed business it is.

I was in Manchester and decided to visit the stadium, not that I have to explain myself to you.

Why do you find it hard to believe? It isn't rocket science that if you build larger exits then more people can fit through them.

Maybe if you spent less time stalking players down the gym........ See we can all throw childish insults.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If we had 7,500 'Franks', the stadium would be lovely and clear for the end of the game. :twisted:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Obviously Steve Evans has never seen a live game from OT even on the TV. The game finishes, there is a very brief summing up, a couple of minutes of ads and back to the stadium which is already empty, so yes I fully believe the 7 and a half minutes claim. It's the same at all the big stadia when you see a live game on the box.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
IJN":172s4717 said:
If we had 7,500 'Franks', the stadium would be lovely and clear for the end of the game. :twisted:
ian! the reason he leaves early is to go home and listen to his bob marley cds.

Apr 21, 2007
Exmouth
Back in the Championship years my then boss came with me to watch us play Huddersfield on a Tuesday night. The crowd that night was just under 8,000. Now he used to go to Old Trafford 4 or 5 times a season and he was gobsmacked that it took longer for 8000 people to leave Home Park than it did for a capacity crowd to leave Old Trafford. His main observation was that he thought the steps and gangways weren't wide enough!