Exit congestIon! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exit congestIon!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Steve Evans":2ifcu08w said:
Wozzer":2ifcu08w said:
I went on the tour of Old Trafford last year where we were informed that it takes 7 1/2 minutes to clear the full stadium. This is due to the large exits, large concourses and large stairways. I am lucky if I reach the bottom of the Lyndhurst from my seat at the top in 10 minutes.
i believe you went to old trafford for a stadium tour :yawn: ,but each to their own however,i find it very hard to believe that it only takes 7 & 1/2 minutes to clear.they can say anything they want can't they to show what a brilliantly managed business it is?

I've been to Old Trafford to watch a game, we sat on one of the bottom rows of our block (which put us further from the exit as the exits are at the top of the blocks) and we weren't queued on the steps or in a gangway for more than a minute or so.

Old Trafford is a well designed stadium pure and simple, they cannot just "say anything" to show they are a brilliantly run business; that 7 1/2 minute exit time is based on professional architects' and professional safety inspectors' expert opinions, you cannot just make it up, these things are tested. Home Park must be on the verge of the required legal limit, it simply must be. Heaven forbid something happens and we need to get people out of the ground quickly, no amount of sarcasm or snide remarks about Frank's staying power will change the fact that exiting Home Park is very poor.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:oops: Sorry about the 'snide remarks' Ollie. :greensmile:

You are right, but it must reach some standard as it simply wouldn't be allowed. Also when you take into account (to name just two) Exeter and Luton, we are truly light years above what they have. Imagine those away ends having to empty quickly?????

However, I've always thought this, if needed (say a bad fire if that's possible in our concrete indentikit bit) surely the fans would simply run onto the pitch in the first instance, wouldn't they?

Sep 20, 2003
IJN":3ucsbkgt said:

You are right, but it must reach some standard as it simply wouldn't be allowed. Also when you take into account (to name just two) Exeter and Luton, we are truly light years above what they have. Imagine those away ends having to empty quickly?????

However, I've always thought this, if needed (say a bad fire if that's possible in our concrete indentikit bit) surely the fans would simply run onto the pitch in the first instance, wouldn't they?

Problem is the Police would ban you from attending games for 3 years for encroaching onto the playing area :thumbup:

Jan 6, 2004
there is free access to the pitch and a seperate gate from the pitch out of the ground so I dont think safety is a massive concern in the new parts of the ground - the biggest worry is the Grandstand falling down imo...

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
IJN":11cp6ul7 said:

Doesn't bother me Ian, I wasn't the one who made the mistake of missing 10 of the best minutes of the Sheridan era and then making the even bigger mistake of letting the sympathetic people of Pasoti know all about it :greensmile:

Jan 3, 2013
Ollieargyle9":1xjn66ox said:
IJN":1xjn66ox said:

Doesn't bother me Ian, I wasn't the one who made the mistake of missing 10 of the best minutes of the Sheridan era and then making the even bigger mistake of letting the sympathetic people of Pasoti know all about it :greensmile:
How can they get onto the pitch if the gangways are too narrow? That is the problem