FA Cup - home to AFC Fylde. Reduced ticket prices | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup - home to AFC Fylde. Reduced ticket prices

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
gaspargomez":sr7j9go4 said:
Flyde look like they will be in the Conference next year, so their current team is probably not a million miles from Argyle's current standard. They will be up for it, have nothing to lose, and will be no pushovers. Argyle will be favourites, but Flyde are no mugs. I'm sure they have a few players capable of causing us problems. I suspect their team is made up of people who very narrowly missed out on football league careers and have something to prove.

By the same token we could say that Argyle are looking like they might be in League 1 next season so not a million miles from Bristol City and Sheffield United. We are 2 leagues clear of them and with home advantage. We must treat them with respect of course and they will be no pushover I would imagine. For sure their team will be made up of players, many of whom narrowly missed league careers but I would hope our current team would not be turned over by the Stuart Yettons, Mark Rowes or Ashley Tallons of this world. If it had been the Argyle team of 18 months ago I would be far less confident but hopefully our current crop will see us through this tie OK.
And well done to the club who I think have got the pricing right for this one. Just as I would have no complaints at a 5 to 8 pound surcharge to see a top premier side at Home Park I would expect a similar reduction to see a team of lower standing.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Aerok":3qjrnx4i said:
Didn't Hyde romp to promotion from the Conference North in the 2011/2012 season?

There's definitely a substantial gap between the two divisions.
The teams relegated from the conference last season are currently 20th and 22nd in the conference North (out of 22 teams), okay the promoted teams are 19th and 24th in the conference, but there's not been a great deal between the bottom 8/9 in the conference in terms of quality and that's about where Lincoln were last season when we played them, only difference being that Fylde have a winning mentality which Lincoln didn't. We should win the game, but it wont be quite as simple as some have suggested.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
On paper we should easily beat Fylde. The reality is to expect the unexpected in the FA Cup. That's why I love 1st Round day so much.

T

Tyhee_Slim

jerryatricjanner":2mhh9yut said:
Just as I would have no complaints at a 5 to 8 pound surcharge to see a top premier side at Home Park I would expect a similar reduction to see a team of lower standing.

Really? I bleddy would - unless it was Argyle, then I'd be prepared to pay it every game.

I think they've got it right this time, but not because of the opposition. It's an extra home game, people have only so much money to spend on 'leisure activites' (yeeuuch) and Crimbo is not far away. Personally, when I go to watch Argyle, that's what I do - go to watch Argyle. I appreciate that, with all due respect, Fylde are hardly a househould name but, to be honest, at this stage of the competition I think there are probably only three or four clubs we could have drawn that would have attracted a decent crowd at full price - Exeter, Pompey, Bristol City and, possibly, Bristol Rovers. I think the reduced price would have been right for any other draw.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Tyhee_Slim":rxvcp87i said:
jerryatricjanner":rxvcp87i said:
Just as I would have no complaints at a 5 to 8 pound surcharge to see a top premier side at Home Park I would expect a similar reduction to see a team of lower standing.

Really? I bleddy would - unless it was Argyle, then I'd be prepared to pay it every game. but it is Argyle unless I misunderstand you

I think they've got it right this time, but not because of the opposition. It's an extra home game, people have only so much money to spend on 'leisure activites' (yeeuuch) and Crimbo is not far away. Personally, when I go to watch Argyle, that's what I do - go to watch Argyle. I appreciate that, with all due respect, Fylde are hardly a househould name but, to be honest, at this stage of the competition I think there are probably only three or four clubs we could have drawn that would have attracted a decent crowd at full price - Exeter, Pompey, Bristol City and, possibly, Bristol Rovers. I think the reduced price would have been right for any other draw.

T

Tyhee_Slim

jerryatricjanner":l6eqwb77 said:
Tyhee_Slim":l6eqwb77 said:
jerryatricjanner":l6eqwb77 said:

Really? I bleddy would - unless it was Argyle, then I'd be prepared to pay it every game. but it is Argyle unless I misunderstand you

Yes, I think you do. What I mean is that I would be prepared to pay more to get into Home Park every time if Argyle were a Premier League team. I wouldn't be quite so happy about a surcharge if we drew a Prem team in the cup. I go to watch Argyle, not the opposition. I wouldn't object to plastic Janner Mancs or Chelskivites being charged a premium, but how would you prove it?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Understand now. No it would be difficult to charge plastics more and against the rules as well. I know a lot of people will share your sentiments and I see where you are coming from but to me a match against top quality opposition warrants a premium price just as the Fylde game warrants a reduction. If it was the cinema I would expect to pay a little more to see a blockbuster rather than a run of the mill film and if I went to see a current top music artist/band I would expect to pay more than to watch a regenerated 60s or 70s act or a less well known or less popular artist.

Jan 27, 2012
Shrewsbury put up a very good fight against a strong Chelsea team in the League Cup during the week.

The difference in class between Argyle and Fylde is much smaller than that. Plus they seem an excellent team for the level they are playing at, which is still a relatively high standard.

This is not Plymouth Parkway we are talking about here. If Argyle get complacent they could easily get beaten. That's all I'm saying.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
If I have counted right, Fylde are 42 places lower than us at the moment; for comparison, 42 places above us is mid table in the Championship: Millwall, Reading territory.
I think we would fancy getting a result in those places, given a following wind, a top notch performance and a bit of luck. Fylde will be full of confidence now, and they will think the same - anything less than a top professional performance will see us up against it.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
For what it's worth:
If I were Chairman of Argyle I would build into the Season Ticket package that all Season Ticket holders would get free entry to any Home draw games.
That would be a reward for buying a ST, would make the draw more exciting and as we progress, your ST just gets better and better.

Would cost a bit but might be worth it.

Imagine the Third Round Draw if you knew that you had your seat booked and free but only if we are drawn at home!! :scarf:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Pogleswoody":vh5888fl said:
For what it's worth:
If I were Chairman of Argyle I would build into the Season Ticket package that all Season Ticket holders would get free entry to any Home draw games.
That would be a reward for buying a ST, would make the draw more exciting and as we progress, your ST just gets better and better.

Would cost a bit but might be worth it.

Imagine the Third Round Draw if you knew that you had your seat booked and free but only if we are drawn at home!! :scarf:
You already get a reward for buying a season ticket as you get it at a price cheaper than buying a ticket individually to every game. Cup games are split income so the club would end up losing a considerable amount if they did that.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Fylde lost 3-1 away at Boston today and their away record this season is now W4-D0-L3, might not be quite as difficult as i first thought.