FA Cup - home to AFC Fylde. Reduced ticket prices | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup - home to AFC Fylde. Reduced ticket prices

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Paul_Roberts":184fupxl said:
Lundan Cabbie":184fupxl said:
How does knowing your number spoil the surprise?

More to the point, why does it bother you so much?

Well my question was really to Loyal1970. It's his complaint. I'm sorry to discuss it in a discussion forum thiough :wtf:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Paul_Roberts":2izdk74o said:
Lundan Cabbie":2izdk74o said:

You're asking LC why he's "bothered"? There is someone complaining about numbers being released spoiling what two seconds worth of surprise as the announcer looks up which club matches up with which number. If you're asking anyone why they're bothered surely it's got to be Loyal :doh:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
You should think about poor old Arsenal fans. They know that they are ball No.1 in the third round every year. (Well until Accrington Stankey get to the Championship)

P

Paul_Roberts

Ollieargyle9":92q5nihc said:
Paul_Roberts":92q5nihc said:
Lundan Cabbie":92q5nihc said:

You're asking LC why he's "bothered"? There is someone complaining about numbers being released spoiling what two seconds worth of surprise as the announcer looks up which club matches up with which number. If you're asking anyone why they're bothered surely it's got to be Loyal :doh:

It's all about the suspense!

If you look back you'll see that I agreed with Loyal - thanks for the arbitration attempt though.

It's just one of those weird little football fan quirks, we've all got one...

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":8ni7g0lj said:
You should think about poor old Arsenal fans. They know that they are ball No.1 in the third round every year. (Well until Accrington Stankey get to the Championship)

What numbers are AFC Bournemouth and AFC Wimbledon then?? :think:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":edxuj170 said:
Lundan Cabbie":edxuj170 said:

What numbers are AFC Bournemouth and AFC Wimbledon then?? :think:

Wimbledon are in Division Four so if they make the third round their number in the draw will relate to their "tie number" from the second round. The first tie being drawn in R2 gets ball No.45 in R3, the second tie 46 etc etc.

Should the FA decide to class Bournemouth alphabetically using the word "Association" rather than "Bournemouth" then Arsenal would surely still come first?

;)

L

localboy

Cobi Budge.":ezpr7kgc said:
localboy":ezpr7kgc said:
Bristol city at home for me, would pull in a good gate with a big away following, slip out after a decent performence and concentrate on the league

I don't really understand that logic.

Bristol City isn't a big tie at all, I've seen us play them home and away many times, if we consider that to be a big game then I think it shows how far we've sunk, a big game is Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

I've got no problem with slipping out of the League cup or even the JPT and concentrating on the league, but the FA cup is a prestigious tournament and one I always like to see us give a good go.

Where do i say it's a big tie?

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1dnnls00 said:
Wimbledon are in Division Four

"Division Four" became Barclays Division Three in 1992 and then Coca-Cola League Two in 2004. Its current name is Sky Bet League Two.

Just saying.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Dan Ellard":2549yrrz said:
Lundan Cabbie":2549yrrz said:
Wimbledon are in Division Four

"Division Four" became Barclays Division Three in 1992 and then Coca-Cola League Two in 2004. Its current name is Sky Bet League Two.

Just saying.

:greensmile: Slapped down. Deservedly

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":shexavl5 said:
Pogleswoody":shexavl5 said:
Lundan Cabbie":shexavl5 said:

What numbers are AFC Bournemouth and AFC Wimbledon then??

Wimbledon are in Division Four so if they make the third round their number in the draw will relate to their "tie number" from the second round. The first tie being drawn in R2 gets ball No.45 in R3, the second tie 46 etc etc.

Should the FA decide to class Bournemouth alphabetically using the word "Association" rather than "Bournemouth" then Arsenal would surely still come first?

;)

(David Cameron type riposte coming!):
I won't take spelling lessons from a man who can't even spell London!! ;) :lol:

AFC comes before Arse tho!! :whistle: