Fair play to James Brent | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fair play to James Brent

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Knarf Reprah":prajwebs said:
loyal1970":prajwebs said:
how rude
If you have nothing better to say than crass imbecility why bother? Kindly elucidate as to why you have posted this?

Same as always, you're aloud to repeat yourself a thousand times over if you are attacking the owner but defend him, post a positive news story about him or show the slightest bit of positivity and you're labelled as all sort of things.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":yj7xc9j3 said:
Crikey, more words for him to look up.

Give me a call if you need help Neil. :wave:

That will be all Greek to him. :greensmile:

Apr 1, 2009
Plastic_Janner":q5wcnvrx said:
One of the things that has most annoyed me about the criticism of JB and especially specifically his inability to complete proposed projects, is that some people seem to think that the economic downturn that started with the banking sector collapse has no influence on the ability of projects to attract borrowing. To attract funding you have to present confident plans with ambition and engender a sense of the possible. These plans are nothing more than this- an initial investment to attract backers who see the potential. We can all look at the clubs with so called "ambition" and vilify our own chairman for not delivering, but we must realise that they are being bank-rolled by personal fortunes or assets which can act as security for borrowing. JB has never claimed any of these. so we should be pleased that in the light of our perilous position a few years ago, that the club has moved considerably forward.

Firstly I would congratulate JB for getting the club into profit - no mean feat given our position a few years ago.

Re the above, I'm not quite sure who thinks the banking collapse has no influence on the ability to attract borrowing. It very obviously does.

On a wider front, I wonder if JB is doing himself no favours by perhaps biting off more than he can chew. In the development world a developer who has regularly failed to secure funding to complete projects will eventually gain an unhelpful reputation, which in turn could count against him as he seeks funding in the future. Should JB have recognised, particularly in the light of the banking crisis, that he would be unable to compete against much larger and well established developers with access to funds?

I also worry that JB's many interests could hold up Argyle's progress. With the club (relatively) stable, he might have been able to attract outside investor(s) capable of injecting funds into the club's playing budget. However with the development of HHP (in whatever form) holding the key to lucrative projects elsewhere in the city, it is perhaps understandable that JB doesn't want to share such potential with others.

Jan 3, 2013
xmastree":1an8tug8 said:
Plastic_Janner":1an8tug8 said:
One of the things that has most annoyed me about the criticism of JB and especially specifically his inability to complete proposed projects, is that some people seem to think that the economic downturn that started with the banking sector collapse has no influence on the ability of projects to attract borrowing. To attract funding you have to present confident plans with ambition and engender a sense of the possible. These plans are nothing more than this- an initial investment to attract backers who see the potential. We can all look at the clubs with so called "ambition" and vilify our own chairman for not delivering, but we must realise that they are being bank-rolled by personal fortunes or assets which can act as security for borrowing. JB has never claimed any of these. so we should be pleased that in the light of our perilous position a few years ago, that the club has moved considerably forward.

Firstly I would congratulate JB for getting the club into profit - no mean feat given our position a few years ago.

Re the above, I'm not quite sure who thinks the banking collapse has no influence on the ability to attract borrowing. It very obviously does.

On a wider front, I wonder if JB is doing himself no favours by perhaps biting off more than he can chew. In the development world a developer who has regularly failed to secure funding to complete projects will eventually gain an unhelpful reputation, which in turn could count against him as he seeks funding in the future. Should JB have recognised, particularly in the light of the banking crisis, that he would be unable to compete against much larger and well established developers with access to funds?

I also worry that JB's many interests could hold up Argyle's progress. With the club (relatively) stable, he might have been able to attract outside investor(s) capable of injecting funds into the club's playing budget. However with the development of HHP (in whatever form) holding the key to lucrative projects elsewhere in the city, it is perhaps understandable that JB doesn't want to share such potential with others.
what a great post this is! Oh hang on it's about JB so :facepalm: ! I don't mean that just responding to the previous clown. Good post, firstly congratulations then a measured overview I'm impressed

Dec 20, 2011
So nearly a month on from my post and there's been a lot of activity and recent good feeling and positivity around the club.

Again fair play play to JB and the board, doing what should be doing and have done... Good times ahead.

C

chronicgreen

John Eldridge":371mjeed said:
So nearly a month on from my post and there's been a lot of activity and recent good feeling and positivity around the club.

Again fair play play to JB and the board, doing what should be doing and have done... Good times ahead.

I'd say he's doing the bare minimum with the squad, contributed nothing towards the youth team milk cup trip and hasn't spent a bean on ground maintenance...Thanks James :nworthy:

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
chronicgreen":3g0bvu3t said:
John Eldridge":3g0bvu3t said:

I'd say he's doing the bare minimum with the squad, contributed nothing towards the youth team milk cup trip and hasn't spent a bean on ground maintenance...Thanks James :nworthy:

I'd say he has done a lot more than you have. We have a new manager, new team, positive pre season and plenty to look forward to, how are your negative views improving our situation?

Feb 9, 2011
chronicgreen":c4h6czl7 said:

and you know all of this HOW !!!!!!! :banghead:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
grumps":2n534u5f said:
chronicgreen":2n534u5f said:

It was in the note mummy gave him before he went to school.

:lol:

Actually, cancel that... It's what his masters have told him to say on Pasoti.

Baaaaaaaaaaa!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Andy_S":kx0irwjl said:
grumps":kx0irwjl said:
chronicgreen":kx0irwjl said:

Baaaaaaaaaaa!

Beware a wolf in sheeps clothing. :lol:
All forums are equal, but some are more equal than others!

C

chronicgreen

Northernlightgreen":39ebmkj1 said:
chronicgreen":39ebmkj1 said:
John Eldridge":39ebmkj1 said:

I'd say he has done a lot more than you have. We have a new manager, new team, positive pre season and plenty to look forward to, how are your negative views improving our situation?

Maybe, although 40+ years of support home and away don't come cheap, emotionally or financially. Secondly, it's my opinion and I stand by it, feel free to disprove the points made in my OP. My so called negative views are neither here nor there and will change nothing at the club(sadly), nor will your 'positive' ones.

C

chronicgreen

Andy_S":3ibmwm5u said:

Baaaaaaaaaaa!

Don't be a silly billy, or were you told to say that by your superiors?

C

chronicgreen

LG":3mq1fvq3 said:
Beware a wolf in sheeps clothing. :lol:
All forums are equal, but some are more equal than others!

Seconded :thumbup:

Jun 8, 2014
grumps":2fcdjpwv said:
chronicgreen":2fcdjpwv said:

Well with various fan groups paying for the NI trip and the AFT having to step in to redecorate the facade with money from their members, I'd say it's pretty obvious to see that Brent isn't funding anything outside of the playing squad.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Paven":3j2jxqe9 said:
Well with various fan groups paying for the NI trip and the AFT having to step in to redecorate the facade with money from their members, I'd say it's pretty obvious to see that Brent isn't funding anything outside of the playing squad.

When you say "Brent", do you mean him personally paying for the youngsters Milk Cup trip or the club?

Fans have always financially helped the youngsters, going back to the days of PAST&DT, regardless of who the chairman was or the league we were in - including the Championship.
PAST&DT is still going but the youngsters are now also financially helped by Pasoti, AFT, the GT's, other groups and individuals.
If fans want to help the youngsters and feel proud in helping their club and potential future players then that's up to them, surely?

We are not a rich club and we saw during admin how proud fans were to help their club and that has continued.