Fair play to James Brent | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fair play to James Brent

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":olu0tn50 said:
oddball":olu0tn50 said:
balham.... stick around,you've been on this site nearly as long as I have....I don't give up and neither should you....

I'll try! The powers that be want me off!

I know the feeling Balham!

Anyway, i actually think its a promising appointment by the board and wether it works or not i shant criticise them for it. Some parts of Brents stewardship of the club has been inept, but the football side, the most important part, has i think been very good.

Jan 3, 2013
Has taken so much flak, but hidden away in his 'erald comments. " the football club are in profit.....it lost £8 million the year before I took over" love him or hate him, surely that deserves acknowledgement.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Knarf Reprah":1eu9u7bo said:
Has taken so much flak, but hidden away in his 'erald comments. " the football club are in profit.....it lost £8 million the year before I took over" love him or hate him, surely that deserves acknowledgement.
Yep - well said Frank.

Credit where it's due - a massive achievement to get us back on some sort of stable financial footing.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":1vy7dwvq said:
He'll look that one up when he has time.

That's something in an old-fashion fireplace. :greensmile:

Apr 27, 2006
One of the things that has most annoyed me about the criticism of JB and especially specifically his inability to complete proposed projects, is that some people seem to think that the economic downturn that started with the banking sector collapse has no influence on the ability of projects to attract borrowing. To attract funding you have to present confident plans with ambition and engender a sense of the possible. These plans are nothing more than this- an initial investment to attract backers who see the potential. We can all look at the clubs with so called "ambition" and vilify our own chairman for not delivering, but we must realise that they are being bank-rolled by personal fortunes or assets which can act as security for borrowing. JB has never claimed any of these. so we should be pleased that in the light of our perilous position a few years ago, that the club has moved considerably forward.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Crikey, more words for him to look up.

Give me a call if you need help Neil. :wave: