Fair play to James Brent | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fair play to James Brent

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
PL2 3DQ":3o232s7b said:
Paven":3o232s7b said:
Well with various fan groups paying for the NI trip and the AFT having to step in to redecorate the facade with money from their members, I'd say it's pretty obvious to see that Brent isn't funding anything outside of the playing squad.

When you say "Brent", do you mean him personally paying for the youngsters Milk Cup trip or the club?

Fans have always financially helped the youngsters, going back to the days of PAST&DT, regardless of who the chairman was or the league we were in - including the Championship.
PAST&DT is still going but the youngsters are now also financially helped by Pasoti, AFT, the GT's, other groups and individuals.
If fans want to help the youngsters and feel proud in helping their club and potential future players then that's up to them, surely?

We are not a rich club and we saw during admin how proud fans were to help their club and that has continued.
I agree with that too Postey :thumbs:

Jun 8, 2014
PL2 3DQ":1hw8409a said:
Paven":1hw8409a said:
Well with various fan groups paying for the NI trip and the AFT having to step in to redecorate the facade with money from their members, I'd say it's pretty obvious to see that Brent isn't funding anything outside of the playing squad.

When you say "Brent", do you mean him personally paying for the youngsters Milk Cup trip or the club?

Fans have always financially helped the youngsters, going back to the days of PAST&DT, regardless of who the chairman was or the league we were in - including the Championship.
PAST&DT is still going but the youngsters are now also financially helped by Pasoti, AFT, the GT's, other groups and individuals.
If fans want to help the youngsters and feel proud in helping their club and potential future players then that's up to them, surely?

We are not a rich club and we saw during admin how proud fans were to help their club and that has continued.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, but was just answering the point about how we know Brent isn't funding it. I think it's a good thing Argyle fans are so keen to help out with things like this, shows how good natured the majority of people around the club are.

As a pure matter of thought, do fan groups deserve a small fee as compensation when the good youngsters get sold off to clubs in higher leagues? That would be fair in my eyes, not like a major percentage of anything, just something to cover the cost of what they paid or perhaps even some of that put aside so the sale of one youngster enables us to play Milk Cup squads for the next few seasons

Just a few thoughts, though they came to me as typing so a little unclear right now.

Aug 5, 2005
chronicgreen":3ei43myd said:
John Eldridge":3ei43myd said:
So nearly a month on from my post and there's been a lot of activity and recent good feeling and positivity around the club.

Again fair play play to JB and the board, doing what should be doing and have done... Good times ahead.

I'd say he's doing the bare minimum with the squad, contributed nothing towards the youth team milk cup trip and hasn't spent a bean on ground maintenance...Thanks James :nworthy:

Did you not notice all the seats missing in the Barn Park End?

C

chronicgreen

Quizmike":2vi1pmiw said:
chronicgreen":2vi1pmiw said:
John Eldridge":2vi1pmiw said:
So nearly a month on from my post and there's been a lot of activity and recent good feeling and positivity around the club.

Again fair play play to JB and the board, doing what should be doing and have done... Good times ahead.

I'd say he's doing the bare minimum with the squad, contributed nothing towards the youth team milk cup trip and hasn't spent a bean on ground maintenance...Thanks James :nworthy:

Did you not notice all the seats missing in the Barn Park End?

I did.