Favourite away day? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Favourite away day?

Nov 18, 2011
Agree with the Leicester match, another that sticks out is the 4-0 victory against Accrington a couple of seasons back with the apocalyptic hail storm near the end!

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Tynan's Dad":2175nrjk said:
Swindon away, just before Christmas 2003.

2-0 up, then concede with 10mins left. Enter injury time 2-1 up but concede to seemingly throw away the points. Cue home fans noisily singing 2-0 and you mucked it up! We kick off, they make a harsh tackle and their player is sent off. We take free kick straight up to Marino Keith who runs straight for goal and scores in the 93rd minute for win 3-2.

Simply awesome!

Didn't we end up doing the same thing to them a few years later... Think BWP scored from memory

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Tynan's Dad":3qe88zch said:
Swindon away, just before Christmas 2003.

2-0 up, then concede with 10mins left. Enter injury time 2-1 up but concede to seemingly throw away the points. Cue home fans noisily singing 2-0 and you mucked it up! We kick off, they make a harsh tackle and their player is sent off. We take free kick straight up to Marino Keith who runs straight for goal and scores in the 93rd minute for win 3-2.

Simply awesome!

Yep. And yes the repeat performance a few seasons later.

Nov 26, 2010
Swindon
QPR not mentioned above. Always enjoyed the away games at Loftus Road, especially enjoyed the Akos goal back in 2005 in the 1 - 1 draw. That was special.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Bristol Rovers, Watford & Charlton as some have already mentioned. Other classics for me:

Winning 1-0 at Coventry, Craig Noone scoring a late winner.

Also winning 1-0 at Sheffield Wednesday on a Tuesday night, having 300 fans in an away end that holds 6,000 was brilliant! Didn't get home until about 4:30 in the morning too. Those were the days.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I've never been to an away match where we've won, so my list won't be as exciting as other peoples'.

My first was the 1-0 loss to Rotherham at the Don Valley when Purse gave away a pen, which was one of the worst games of football I had ever seen, so that's not up there with the best.

The two that stick in my mind as my favourites are Pompey away last season and Rochdale away the season before.

Pomey because it was a brilliant game to watch and end the season on! Rochdale purely because of the atmosphere. I love a good atmosphere and when there was 3k-odd Argyle fans (although I'm sure official numbers said otherwise, they were way off!) singing for a full 90 minutes plus however long before the game, there's nothing better.

Mar 31, 2006
Bradford Yorkshire
Barnsley
Being 1-0 down at half time to come back and win 3-1 with a Fallon wondergoal!

Arsenal
Just the atmosphere was incredible and we scored past the "Gooners"

Rochdale
we lost, but the atmosphere was the best i've been to for an argyle game and we stayed up!

Fleetwood
Not expecting a result and they came out all guns blazing, they missed a few earl chances and we went on to smash them 4-0! Went home buzzing!

Sheff Wed
Winning 4-2 (I think it was). Had mates in the home end who were shell shocked!

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
pilgrimage":uvnq5qeq said:
Many moons ago winning 7-1 at Bournemouth and 5-1 at Hereford within weeks of each other.

I was also lucky enough to be at both of those.

And in between the two I saw us win 3-1 at Watford, but the sequence was spoiled by witnessing a 5-2 defeat at Blackburn, cracking game of football though.

Has anyone mentioned QPR away in the league cup the previous season (1973/74) - absolutely stuffed 'em 3-0 when they were top of Div 1 which of course would now be the Premier League.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I went to both as well, but the game I saw had Bournemouth has two more goals in it. :greensmile:

We won 7-3 Mike.

5-0 at half time, they came back 5-3 and then we scored another two.

:scarf:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Its funny how many people went to all three games....guess we were proper fans in those days.What stands out for me in the Watford game was not the match but the sight of the Watford chairman one Elton John turning up in his roller wearing the famous flashing spectacles.