Favourite away day? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Favourite away day?

F

forever green

Being at barnet in the fa cup 2007 is one of mine. to witness that fantastic scott sinclair goal. What a fantasic goal that was.

Nov 4, 2012
Beating Leicester 1-0 was good, 2,000 odd greens bouncing and singing f*ck off Holloway. Also enjoyed both 3-2's against Rovers.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
In recent years..... the 3-2 at Rovers when we scored in the last minute was very exciting....kept us up that season...

T

Tynan's Dad

Ah, just thinking back and not sure if anyone's already mentioned it but the 0-0 away at Notts County the first game after Luggy left for Siuthampton.

I've been in a couple of Argyle away crowds that have been bigger but not many. The atmosphere that day was immense and I reckon that we could have lost 5-0 and we'd have still been singing. I had no plans on going (not sure why as I'd only missed about four aways all season) but as soon as Sturrock left I knew I had to be there to support the team. It seems the rest of Plymouth had the same idea. Not sure on the official away attendance but it must have been around 2500.

One of the few times I've felt the hairs on my neck raise as I've approached the ground and been amazed by the noise from inside the ground before kick-off.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":61mgrhfz said:
I went to both as well, but the game I saw had Bournemouth has two more goals in it. :greensmile:

We won 7-3 Mike.

5-0 at half time, they came back 5-3 and then we scored another two.

:scarf:

Yes it was 7-3

C

Cobi Budge.

I've been on 81 away days since 2002 and I think I've only ever seen 19 wins, woops.

Nov 4, 2012
I've only seen 4 wins in over 40 games on the road, Leicester 0-1, Rovers 2-3 x2 and Swindon 2-3 BWP 96th minute.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Can't pick a favourite overall but in recent seasons Morecambe (2-3), Chesterfield (1-2), Birmingham (3-2 AET), and Fleetwood (0-4) have been quite brilliant really

C

Cult Of Personality

Tynan's Dad":1sjgpkcu said:
Swindon away, just before Christmas 2003.

2-0 up, then concede with 10mins left. Enter injury time 2-1 up but concede to seemingly throw away the points. Cue home fans noisily singing 2-0 and you mucked it up! We kick off, they make a harsh tackle and their player is sent off. We take free kick straight up to Marino Keith who runs straight for goal and scores in the 93rd minute for win 3-2.

Simply awesome!

Yep was going to say the same

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cult Of Personality":33wyh87o said:
Tynan's Dad":33wyh87o said:
Swindon away, just before Christmas 2003.

2-0 up, then concede with 10mins left. Enter injury time 2-1 up but concede to seemingly throw away the points. Cue home fans noisily singing 2-0 and you mucked it up! We kick off, they make a harsh tackle and their player is sent off. We take free kick straight up to Marino Keith who runs straight for goal and scores in the 93rd minute for win 3-2.

Simply awesome!

Yep was going to say the same
i was there.what a great match.rory fallon played for swindon that day

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, I think Seb and Barry Hayles scored.

That's the one where Timar kicked Todorov's knee cap off.

Dec 9, 2008
I remember my dad took me to Man city mid 80's for a cup game. 27 coaches lining up on the outskirts of Manchester. ( think we lost 3-1)

Went to Swansea once was 2 down at HT then we scored 2.

2-2 away to Newcastle, 2 up and then nicky marker went in goal...

Remember doing bristol city away on the Tuesday night, had such a great time! Decided to drive up to Wrexham on the Saturday!! When you've got the bug, you've got the bug!

Always enjoyed Brentford away

Lesmin

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2011
The League Cup game at QPR which we won 3-0 in 1973, My 1st every away game. Also 2 games against Chelsea also in the 70's, a 2-2 drew at the bridge in 1975 and then the league cup win there 2-1 in 1979.