Finishing Position Prediction | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Finishing Position Prediction

Predicted Finishing Position in L2?

• Champions

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Automatic promotion

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Play-offs

Votes: 74 30.3%
  • Just outside play-offs

Votes: 79 32.4%
  • Mid-table

Votes: 57 23.4%
  • Just outside relegation zone

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Relegated

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
H

happyclapper

im looking forward to a 'boring' stress free 12th place thankyou very much . dare i say consolodation.

Jul 29, 2010
Now there are a good few votes it's clear to see a bell-curve in the mid-table to play-off area. Not many think we're destined for ultimately failure or ultimate triumph.

That's such a good sign that realism has finally kicked in because I'm pretty sure last season's pre season prediction poll was far more gung-ho, despite there being far less cause to be so than this time round.

With a more collective level head I'm sure we'll enjoy next season much more :scarf:

Nov 22, 2006
I'm going 11th much better than last season, but still falling short of the playoffs despite having an outside chance in the last couple of weeks of the season. I'm gonna make a bold statement though and say we'll still get a trip to wembley by surprising everyone even ourselves by reaching the FLT final, and we will get a big day out in the FA Cup as well

can't wait for the football to start again :scarf:

A

Alix120

Would love to be optimistic and say Play Offs.

Thinking a nice solid mid table would be gratefully received after recent events?

12th.

Plumped for playoffs. I've not looked into how the other clubs have strengthen yet and that will make a difference but JS did well with a limited squad last season and has strengthened key positions well as well as putting together a solid support team in the new additions to the back room staff so i'm very optimistic.
Anything beats 5 years of looking over yer shoulder!!

S

StaffordshireGreen

We have an unfinished squad, so at this point i'll say lower midtable, however, i'll make a different prediction upon the conclusion of the summer transfer window.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
As the squad currently stands just outside the playoff's as we still have a core of players who were useless, and although we now have a proper manager and a couple of signings I still think we will come up short.

However there is still time to bring new faces so in a more optimistic view I think we will do better than the last few years, probably 10th.

Jan 29, 2010
8th, defeat at Portsmouth on the last day, in front of a 20000 plus crowd, will see us drop out of a play-off position

Jul 29, 2010
Pafcintheplace":2ml1psry said:
44% of us think play-offs minimum.
Has anyone asked what the silent majority think? :lol:

Lies, damn lies and statistics they say :lol:

As ever it depends how you look at it, mean, mode, median etc. You could more convincingly claim 87% of us think we'll be mid table to play-offs.

Then again, you could say it's all c*ck b*ll*x anyway given how wide of the mark last season's poll was :oops:

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
http://crmedia1992.blogspot.co.uk/

Table prediction. Based on current squads. I know there's will time for the transfer and loan window, but this is how I guess table will look at the end of the season. Sorry it's a very simple version. I'm current on the coach to Southend and I'm on my iPad, not my actual computer.

All feedback and comments welcome.

P.s. yes I've put Argyle high up, but I have NOT been drinking :thumbs:

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Not a bad prediction at all, about right for a lot of teams. However, I do think Exeter, Cobblers and Newport will finish a few places higher than you predict. I tip Bury to struggle so reckon they will finish in the bottom quartile rather than in top half. I reckon Pompey and Pools will a few places below your prediction, both will be rebuilding this year, and likely finish outside top 7 imo. Like you I fancy Scunny and could make auto spot. Agree with regards to Accy, though I'd probably plump bottom two for them along with Bury who are a right mess atm. Defo lower mid table obscurity for Southend and Wycombe as per your prediction.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
I disagree they might be skint but they don't have 'a lot of money problems'. No debts to service, and so long as they manage their cashflow and keep cutting their cloth accordingly they won't get into too much difficulty, pretty much describes most clubs in this league. Coventry, Portsmouth etc even Bury.... they have a lot of money problems, but City are fine, just pee poor.