First team squad | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First team squad

Feb 8, 2005
The cost of getting another goalkeeper, just in case, is too prohibitive. Bittner will do for keeping the bench warm, but if Luke has an injury then there are plenty of other loan possibilities out there.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
No real cover for/alternative to Mellor. That and a bit of depth in midfield. Agree that Bittner could cover for what's left in a game with a loaned recruited if required.

In a couple of weeks time youngsters in higher placed clubs will be made available for loan.

Feb 21, 2011
Definitely need another centre mid, Cox is so injury prone we'll be lucky if he plays 25 games.

Sep 25, 2010
Still think, we need another backup keeper, 2 midfielders, and another striker to cover for Smalley, who is out until Nov/Dec

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Steve Evans":9gykm6d5 said:
i think we have enough playing staff at the club.they will be fitter this season and playing with confidence.

Any basis for saying that?

If anything I reckon Shez's Shower were overtrained not under. Not by him, of course. 'He b'in in plymouth less (sic) times th'in Wayne Sleep.'

Jun 8, 2014
Probably at least 3 needed. A centre mid is urgent, right mid also high priority and I'd like to see another striker in as well if possible.

Sep 25, 2010
Steve Evans":36086d2z said:
i think we have enough playing staff at the club.they will be fitter this season and playing with confidence.

Interesting to read on the web site this morning, that DA is looking into the loan market to booster the squad. and already has targets in mine.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
jimsing":308sxcet said:
The cost of getting another goalkeeper, just in case, is too prohibitive. Bittner will do for keeping the bench warm, but if Luke has an injury then there are plenty of other loan possibilities out there.

Agree with this. We'd be hard-pushed getting a season-long loan in if they're going to spend all season on the bench: bigger teams would only release players if they get regular match-play. Same goes for any free-signings: we'd struggle to get one better than Bittner if the main selling point would be as a backup to Luke.

Apr 1, 2009
Martyn":26033i5e said:
Steve Evans":26033i5e said:

Interesting to read on the web site this morning, that DA is looking into the loan market to booster the squad. and already has targets in mine.

Anyone got any underground sources?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Interesting that while the budget seems to be saved for loanees right now that we've still got the money to afford O'Connor should he change his mind.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sounds prudent to me!

Because you've got money in your pocket you don't have to spend it.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Just seems a tad odd to me Ian as we still lack a right sided midfielder/winger and another CM. Fair enough if we can get season long loans. But if the money is there I'm surprised Adams is willing to hold back a portion chasing a player that seems to have such reluctance to rejoin us - bloody good player mind.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would imagine that poker is being played mate.

What is fans see of the transfer process is merely the tip of the iceberg.

If we know the weakness you can bet your bottom dollR DA does.

As a bloke in China would say 'keep the faith'.

Sep 25, 2010
Somebody to cover for Smalley until November/December, so a loanee forward for 6 months, seems reasonable plus we are still very short in midfield as Wylde/Carey/Cox/Simpson, will suffer from injuries/suspensions, and we only have McHugh/Hall to cover

We need further support in midfield.