First team squad | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First team squad

Sep 25, 2010
Martyn":12gbdepy said:
Still think, we are still sort of personal in the first team squad, probably need 4 more to complete the squad

There are currently 20 players

We could do with another backup keeper, as Bittner still seems a little as a backup keeper for Luke, as he was injured on tuesday.

Still short in midfield, for a replacement for O'Connor and Blizzard, is McHugh the answer ?
Plus another backup midfielder for the promising Wylde, Carey and Simpson

Also feel we need another supporting forward as Smalley is out till November/December (so the squad is only 19),
as backup for Reid/Brunt/Jervis/Harvey

Think we need a squad of 24.

As originally stated, no with the arrival of Boateng, still need another midfielder, replacement for Smalley until November/December, and another back-up Keeper

G

greengiant1886

Martyn":2qioh1rf said:
Martyn":2qioh1rf said:
Still think, we are still sort of personal in the first team squad, probably need 4 more to complete the squad

We could do with another backup keeper, as Bittner still seems a little as a backup keeper for Luke, as he was injured on tuesday.

Still short in midfield, for a replacement for O'Connor and Blizzard, is McHugh the answer ?

Also feel we need another supporting forward as Smalley is out till November/December (so the squad is only 19),

As originally stated, no with the arrival of Boateng, still need another midfielder, replacement for Smalley until November/December, and another back-up Keeper

We don't need another striker, we have five professional forwards who aren't injured.

Sep 25, 2010
greengiant1886":20y5co8e said:
Martyn":20y5co8e said:
Martyn":20y5co8e said:

We don't need another striker, we have five professional forwards who aren't injured.

Only that Smalley is injured until Dec, Tyler has picked up an injury, and Reuben is just coming back from a injury, so I think we do need another forward

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
the first team looks strong but the bench looks very lightweight....just have to hope we don't get too many injuries/red cards....

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I'd agree with that. The starting eleven doesn't look too bad apart from a right sided player, stronger looking probably offensively but maybe more vulnerable at the back with the change in style. The options on the bench do look a little threadbare at present but I am sure one or two more will be added via the loan market in the next couple of weeks. Suspensions shouldn't really be a factor early on. At this stage I would rather the emphasis was on a stronger best 13/14 than on a bloated squad of mediocrity.

Sep 25, 2010
jerryatricjanner":24tk3ss6 said:
I'd agree with that. The starting eleven doesn't look too bad apart from a right sided player, stronger looking probably offensively but maybe more vulnerable at the back with the change in style. The options on the bench do look a little threadbare at present but I am sure one or two more will be added via the loan market in the next couple of weeks. Suspensions shouldn't really be a factor early on. At this stage I would rather the emphasis was on a stronger best 13/14 than on a bloated squad of mediocrity.

Also the standard of better quality permanent players and loanees DA is able to get in seems a lot better than Sheridan's 'loans'. So i think the 2 possibly 3 more loanees to come should be a good quality/standard.

Feb 8, 2005
PL15 Green":1oubsolw said:
That right midfield slot is made for ........................David Norris :whistle:

Good idea but too old and too slow and would be too expensive, albeit he may be willing to come.

Do not sour our memory of him at his best.

Lets look forward, not behind.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
jimsing":1pl19uex said:
PL15 Green":1pl19uex said:
That right midfield slot is made for ........................David Norris :whistle:

Good idea but too old and too slow and would be too expensive, albeit he may be willing to come.

Do not sour our memory of him at his best.

Lets look forward, not behind.

Have you seen him play recently? Do you know for a fact that he is slow? I have no idea, not having seen him play for years. However he will surely be solid, play shape and add that balance to our midfield to give license to Wilde on the opposite flank to really attack

Mar 14, 2009
Seems the focus is on the individual and not the collective.

The reason we were so good under Sturrock MK1 is that we were a good unit in defending especially.

Although I agree whole heartily about the players we have brought in, it will their ability to function as a team that determines whether we have a good season or not.

Still I am confident enough to have a flutter on promotion this year :scarf:

Sep 25, 2010
Martyn":2cseyljj said:
Somebody to cover for Smalley until November/December, so a loanee forward for 6 months, seems reasonable plus we are still very short in midfield as Wylde/Carey/Cox/Simpson, will suffer from injuries/suspensions, and we only have McHugh/Hall to cover

We need further support in midfield.

So to complete our squad we still need

1) Another back up keeper

2) A right side midfielder to cover for Mellor, and to play on the right midfield

3) A further forward to cover for Smalley until Dec, and the injuries on Reuban and Tyler

I am sure DA has some quality loanees lined up

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Martyn":2on465le said:
Martyn":2on465le said:
Somebody to cover for Smalley until November/December, so a loanee forward for 6 months, seems reasonable plus we are still very short in midfield as Wylde/Carey/Cox/Simpson, will suffer from injuries/suspensions, and we only have McHugh/Hall to cover

We need further support in midfield.

So to complete our squad we still need

1) Another back up keeper

2) A right side midfielder to cover for Mellor, and to play on the right midfield

3) A further forward to cover for Smalley until Dec, and the injuries on Reuban and Tyler

I am sure DA has some quality loanees lined up

We don't need 1 or 3, and we shouldn't expect them. It could be a risk if McCormick was to get injured during a game but it happened once in 52 games last season and Bittner actually saved us from losing that game. If either McCormick or Bittner picked up an injury in between games, then we could look at emergency loans.

While we want somebody to cover for Smalley, I wouldn't be looking at somebody similar when we have Reid, Jervis, Brunt. Rather than getting one player to cover right back and right mid, we want two different very players. We need an able defender who can compete with Mellor for a place, not just cover, then somebody who can attack like Wylde does for the other wing; this would not be a right back.