First team squad | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First team squad

Jan 7, 2013
We don't need another striker to sit on the bench Brunt Harvey and Rooney will be our sub strikers and we have two very attack minded midfielders in Carey and Wylde playing alongside Reid and jervis. Afraid we just don't have the luxury of spending more money just so we can have some more cover for an area that we seem to be ok in.

As for the goalkeeping situation I agree McCormick needs more competition but again is it worth spending money when realistically McCormick probably won't be dropped, don't forget this is why we got rid of Jake Cole.. if injured an emergency loan would be our best option, what money that is left should be used on the positions we are most struggling with which I think most would agree are RM and possibly RB

Sep 25, 2010
clokey84":8k4bacb7 said:
We don't need another striker to sit on the bench Brunt Harvey and Rooney will be our sub strikers and we have two very attack minded midfielders in Carey and Wylde playing alongside Reid and jervis. Afraid we just don't have the luxury of spending more money just so we can have some more cover for an area that we seem to be ok in.

As for the goalkeeping situation I agree McCormick needs more competition but again is it worth spending money when realistically McCormick probably won't be dropped, don't forget this is why we got rid of Jake Cole.. if injured an emergency loan would be our best option, what money that is left should be used on the positions we are most struggling with which I think most would agree are RM and possibly RB

Disagree as to have a backup keeper and forward already in place, we do not have to go looking at the last minute to cover for injuries and suspensions.

As to have somebody in place, then they would know the rest of the players especially the goalkeeper, as they would have been working with the defence already

Agree with you aout the right sided position.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Any closer to loan additions I wonder?

Sep 25, 2010
Tugboat":3pn68wed said:

Probably if any it will be announced on thursday/friday, as the loan spell will start from those actual dates and will last 3 months/6 months

Jul 30, 2015
Plymouth
clokey84":2dfbwdfo said:

This.

Emergency loan for gk if required. Plenty of forwards esp since we're only playing one central striker. Right side is the priority.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Martyn":qivy9gx5 said:
Tugboat":qivy9gx5 said:

Probably if any it will be announced on thursday/friday, as the loan spell will start from those actual dates and will last 3 months/6 months

If that is correct, why has Hiram Boteng already been signed up as a loanee?

Sep 25, 2010
Quintrell_Green":otzvmu0a said:
Martyn":otzvmu0a said:
Tugboat":otzvmu0a said:

In his case, before anybody else got him

Jun 8, 2014
Martyn":24nrr7d2 said:
Quintrell_Green":24nrr7d2 said:
Martyn":24nrr7d2 said:
Tugboat":24nrr7d2 said:

So why would nobody else get this other fella?

Sep 25, 2010
Paven":havxnnsa said:
Martyn":havxnnsa said:
Quintrell_Green":havxnnsa said:
Martyn":havxnnsa said:
Tugboat":havxnnsa said:

o why would nobody else get this other fella?

What is this the Spanish inquisition

DA is probably waiting for the other clubs to decide about releasing the their players but before the first games of the seasons

This is how clubs work !!

Mar 14, 2009
As I said before, people may deem the first team squad weaker than last year but if you look at the bench available currently for this season compared to what we had in the opening leagues games of 2014, then you could even argue we have better options now.

We had no real cover last year for McCormick. We had no RM option at the start of last season. McHugh was in at LB and was recognised as the LB for the start of the campaign. So we had no LB option other than Purrington. If Reid got injured, there was Marvin Morgan as another option. Brunt is now that option.

Looking at things at this stage, we are in no worse position in terms of squad depth to last year and in fact might be marginally stronger.

Sep 25, 2010
Metal_Green_Mickey":qj7etn4c said:
As I said before, people may deem the first team squad weaker than last year but if you look at the bench available currently for this season compared to what we had in the opening leagues games of 2014, then you could even argue we have better options now.

We had no real cover last year for McCormick. We had no RM option at the start of last season. McHugh was in at LB and was recognised as the LB for the start of the campaign. So we had no LB option other than Purrington. If Reid got injured, there was Marvin Morgan as another option. Brunt is now that option.

Looking at things at this stage, we are in no worse position in terms of squad depth to last year and in fact might be marginally stronger.

So do you think we have cover for Jervis and Mellor down the right hand side

Sep 25, 2010
Martyn":1944f0qb said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1944f0qb said:

Looks like we have now cover for Jervis and Mellor down the right, in Tanner.

Just decent cover for McCormick, and Smalley to go

Mar 4, 2013
Basingstoke
DartingtonPilgrim":2x0qkumk said:
soccerpilgrim":2x0qkumk said:
I don't think we'll be seeing three more loans, but I think two is likely, so I hope we can make them a right mid and a right back.

We really don't need another striker. No way do you need to use four strikers in one game, so I won't be losing asleep while Reid, Brunt and Jervis are all fit. Should Reid not be ready for Wimbledon, there are a number of options with just Brunt and Jervis and this isn't even considering that Rooney will hope to get some gametime.

Also , if we take a player like Reading U21's No 10, Tanner, then we will have wide midfield and striker cover in one player. So , for me , someone of that ilk plus a RB/CB to challenge Mellor and provide more cover for Nelson.

Having correctly picked out young Tanner a week before it happened, do you have any more predictions up your sleeve? :p

Mar 14, 2009
Martyn":7qtk2v9z said:
Martyn":7qtk2v9z said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":7qtk2v9z said:

Looks like we have now cover for Jervis and Mellor down the right, in Tanner.

Just decent cover for McCormick, and Smalley to go

I'm thinking more a CM who can play RB when needed.

My point was before today, not that we had sufficient cover down the right, but that we were no worse off in terms of options to last year, with regards to that position of the pitch (RM).

Jul 6, 2009
I think the squad is looking very good but we have no adequate cover at right back. I expect this to be sorted soon.