First team squad | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First team squad

Sep 25, 2010
soccerpilgrim":ue74bniv said:
Martyn":ue74bniv said:
Martyn":ue74bniv said:
Somebody to cover for Smalley until November/December, so a loanee forward for 6 months, seems reasonable plus we are still very short in midfield as Wylde/Carey/Cox/Simpson, will suffer from injuries/suspensions, and we only have McHugh/Hall to cover

We need further support in midfield.

So to complete our squad we still need

1) Another back up keeper

2) A right side midfielder to cover for Mellor, and to play on the right midfield

3) A further forward to cover for Smalley until Dec, and the injuries on Reuban and Tyler

I am sure DA has some quality loanees lined up

We don't need 1 or 3, and we shouldn't expect them. It could be a risk if McCormick was to get injured during a game but it happened once in 52 games last season and Bittner actually saved us from losing that game. If either McCormick or Bittner picked up an injury in between games, then we could look at emergency loans.

While we want somebody to cover for Smalley, I wouldn't be looking at somebody similar when we have Reid, Jervis, Brunt. Rather than getting one player to cover right back and right mid, we want two different very players. We need an able defender who can compete with Mellor for a place, not just cover, then somebody who can attack like Wylde does for the other wing; this would not be a right back.

Totally disagree

we need all 3, especially a cover for Luke, Bittner is clearly not up to it, and Harvey is too young.

And as you stated we have only 2 fit forwards in Jervis & Brunt, with Reuban and Tlyer recovering from injury Tyler has only played about 20 mins this season

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Why waste a wage on another keeper who is likely to see no or virtually no action? The loan market is there should McCormick be out for any length of time.

Jan 7, 2013
Exactly, we don't need another keeper other than emergency loan if required and definitely do not need another striker IMO.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
I don't think we'll be seeing three more loans, but I think two is likely, so I hope we can make them a right mid and a right back.

We really don't need another striker. No way do you need to use four strikers in one game, so I won't be losing asleep while Reid, Brunt and Jervis are all fit. Should Reid not be ready for Wimbledon, there are a number of options with just Brunt and Jervis and this isn't even considering that Rooney will hope to get some gametime.

Jun 8, 2014
I would have said we need another striker before but with Reid back as well as Kjervus looking good and a much improved Ryan Brunt as well as Harvey and Rooney, I think we're alright there. Willing to give Smalley another chance too seeing what Adams has done for someone like Brunt.

What U would say we need is an actual right midfielder, and another squad player wouldn't go amiss either. I still think Mellor is good enough but he could do with some competition at least.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
soccerpilgrim":1t6vf5s9 said:
I don't think we'll be seeing three more loans, but I think two is likely, so I hope we can make them a right mid and a right back.

We really don't need another striker. No way do you need to use four strikers in one game, so I won't be losing asleep while Reid, Brunt and Jervis are all fit. Should Reid not be ready for Wimbledon, there are a number of options with just Brunt and Jervis and this isn't even considering that Rooney will hope to get some gametime.

Also , if we take a player like Reading U21's No 10, Tanner, then we will have wide midfield and striker cover in one player. So , for me , someone of that ilk plus a RB/CB to challenge Mellor and provide more cover for Nelson.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Paven":10xknqvm said:
I would have said we need another striker before but with Reid back as well as Kjervus looking good and a much improved Ryan Brunt as well as Harvey and Rooney, I think we're alright there. Willing to give Smalley another chance too seeing what Adams has done for someone like Brunt.

What U would say we need is an actual right midfielder, and another squad player wouldn't go amiss either. I still think Mellor is good enough but he could do with some competition at least.

That's a hell of an autocorrect for Jervis there, Josh! Unless you know something we don't? ;)

Jun 11, 2012
Our whole right side could do with bolstering. Whether that can be fixed in the form of 1 or 2 players, who knows. The right-sided equivalent of Joe Bryan or Andy Kellett would be very welcome!

Jun 8, 2014
Yeah it's the new Norwegian forward I've suggested, quality player. :lol: :doh:

Jervis* and I* not 'U'. Typing in a rush again..

There's a lad out here I watched with the surname Diomande actually who's scored 11 in 17 or something for Stabæk in the Norwegian top flight, so tricky aligning their ability with those in England but I wonder if he'd be tempted by a move abroad.. :problem: :think:

Liam Vercoe":1osfz3nc said:
Paven":1osfz3nc said:

That's a hell of an autocorrect for Jervis there, Josh! Unless you know something we don't? ;)

I.ve just read the sad news that Martin Wilson, the author of autocorrect, has died. The funfair is on Wembley

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
That took me too long to figure out what that was supposed to say, and I'm supposed to be one of the technological generation!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Paven":2lwwvrr9 said:
There's a lad out here I watched with the surname Diomande actually who's scored 11 in 17 or something for Stabæk in the Norwegian top flight, so tricky aligning their ability with those in England but I wonder if he'd be tempted by a move abroad.. :problem: :think:
If he did it would only be to a Championship/Premier League club

Jul 22, 2013
Lobster":3eghyvnp said:
Can someone tell me what Ryan Lane's position is and why he isn't being mentioned around the first team squad? Is he still an apprentice?

If he's a RM (which I seem to remember, but may be wrong) and is good enough to be a back up, I think we only really need one more CM - probably as competition for Lee Cox.
He is number 25 and is a lefty, played 5 mins on Saturday. Got one year extension to his contract after knee operation caused him to miss a year, getting there.

Nov 18, 2014
laney1963":33et84gu said:
Lobster":33et84gu said:
Can someone tell me what Ryan Lane's position is and why he isn't being mentioned around the first team squad? Is he still an apprentice?

If he's a RM (which I seem to remember, but may be wrong) and is good enough to be a back up, I think we only really need one more CM - probably as competition for Lee Cox.
He is number 25 and is a lefty, played 5 mins on Saturday. Got one year extension to his contract after knee operation caused him to miss a year, getting there.

A relative ?