First team squad | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

First team squad

Jul 22, 2013
RNHGreen":1l1d79g8 said:
laney1963":1l1d79g8 said:
Lobster":1l1d79g8 said:
Can someone tell me what Ryan Lane's position is and why he isn't being mentioned around the first team squad? Is he still an apprentice?

If he's a RM (which I seem to remember, but may be wrong) and is good enough to be a back up, I think we only really need one more CM - probably as competition for Lee Cox.
He is number 25 and is a lefty, played 5 mins on Saturday. Got one year extension to his contract after knee operation caused him to miss a year, getting there.

A relative ?
Son.

Jun 8, 2014
laney1963":375opu0y said:
RNHGreen":375opu0y said:
laney1963":375opu0y said:
Lobster":375opu0y said:
Can someone tell me what Ryan Lane's position is and why he isn't being mentioned around the first team squad? Is he still an apprentice?

If he's a RM (which I seem to remember, but may be wrong) and is good enough to be a back up, I think we only really need one more CM - probably as competition for Lee Cox.
He is number 25 and is a lefty, played 5 mins on Saturday. Got one year extension to his contract after knee operation caused him to miss a year, getting there.

A relative ?
Son.

Blimey, he's only 18 isn't he?

Jun 8, 2014
Yes because of course at the age of 18, Ryan Lane is old enough to have had a son who is already capable of using the internet.. :roll:

Oct 24, 2010
Based on what little we saw of him in the pre-season games young Lane looks a very good prospect.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Problem we will currently have is that we have so little depth to the squad.

Just to highlight -

Tyler Harvey 10 starts, 42 subs appearances (not checked but suspect most of these 42 were under 15min duration)
Ben Purrington 17 starts, 6 subs
Aaron Bentley 3 starts, 1 sub

So our likely 1st game bench will have those three plus Bittner (or C Harvey), McHugh (possibly Hartley), Brunt and Cox (or Simpson).

We really need to hope our first team players steer free of injury and suspensions or Mr Adams will be spending a lot of time recruiting stop gap loans I think.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I seem to recall, from press reports, that Ryan Lane was one of the outstanding players in the U18's title-winning campaign last year following a return from long-term injury.

Hope that he gets a chance to prove his worth.

Sep 25, 2010
cheshiregreen":168gpn38 said:
Problem we will currently have is that we have so little depth to the squad.

Just to highlight -

Tyler Harvey 10 starts, 42 subs appearances (not checked but suspect most of these 42 were under 15min duration)
Ben Purrington 17 starts, 6 subs
Aaron Bentley 3 starts, 1 sub

So our likely 1st game bench will have those three plus Bittner (or C Harvey), McHugh (possibly Hartley), Brunt and Cox (or Simpson).

We really need to hope our first team players steer free of injury and suspensions or Mr Adams will be spending a lot of time recruiting stop gap loans I think.

What I have been saying all along

The depth is not there, we have basically 21 - 22 players Smalley is injured till Dec, Bittner is injured.

We need another back up keeper (Harvey is too young)

DA has said he wants a right sided midfield player

Plus another forward as we have Tyler coming back from injury Reuban JUST coming back from injury, and Smalley who is out injured for half the season.

Jul 2, 2014
I think that we are fine up front with Reid, Jervis, and Brunt. Once we get a RM player, it will make competition even tighter. Thus, Tyler is not going to get much, if any, playing time until suspensions and/or injuries occur. I suggest that we loan him to Torquay with a 24 hour recall clause. With the injuries that they have, he should be a starter for them and gain good experience and become more competitive for our squad. He will be close enough for us to keep an eye on him in training and at their home games. Seems like a win-win to me.

Sep 25, 2010
Mdgreener":2rq8wr23 said:
I think that we are fine up front with Reid, Jervis, and Brunt. Once we get a RM player, it will make competition even tighter. Thus, Tyler is not going to get much, if any, playing time until suspensions and/or injuries occur. I suggest that we loan him to Torquay with a 24 hour recall clause. With the injuries that they have, he should be a starter for them and gain good experience and become more competitive for our squad. He will be close enough for us to keep an eye on him in training and at their home games. Seems like a win-win to me.

Look at last night
Corey Harvey was our sub keeper, he looks like a 5' 8", winger compared to Luke, Bittner i feel is not quite there, no competition down the right side we only have Mellor and Jervis. and up front our subs were Brunt and Rooney, good players, but still need another back up