Gary Sawyer signs - confirmed | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gary Sawyer signs - confirmed

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I know I said he's a decent signing, but you can't help feel your heart drop when you see Portsmouth signing players of the calibre of Gary Roberts and Adam Barton

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
To be fair, when Pompey have about 14,000 season tickets, they must have a bigger budget than us.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
hoovermelon":3t9i43r7 said:
Biggs":3t9i43r7 said:
I know I said he's a decent signing, but you can't help feel your heart drop when you see Portsmouth signing players of the calibre of Gary Roberts and Adam Barton

Yep

Mediocre at best im afraid

Why do I get the feeling that if we signed Adam Barton, you'd be amongst the first to post on here.

Adam Barton? 6 goals in 133 games? Surely we can do better than that? Mediocre player!! :lol:

Da will do his job and build a team. I'll judge them when I see them play. Portsmoth signings? .. don't give a frying funk tbh!! :scarf:

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Good signing and a permanent one rather than another loan. Build a team and use loans to cover short term injuries etc rather than a team of loanees.

Welcome back GS, heard he asked for 2 years but only offered 1 year. Maybe an option for an extension at the end of the year.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Mark Pedlar":9tjy491q said:
Steve Evans":9tjy491q said:
js didn't delegate too well though did he?and yes he did say he thought tyler was a defensive midfielder

Don't think he did Steve, find me the quote and prove me wrong.
mark,he said it to sparksy after yet another dismal performance by the team.as you know js was a bit prickly at the best of times and tried to get it out of js about perhaps playing tyler up front.can't remember the match and i will not trawl through greens on screen.
anyway,js is is now gone :D and welcome back home gary sawyer.a true green blood

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
Pogleswoody":3hi2gy7u said:
hoovermelon":3hi2gy7u said:
Biggs":3hi2gy7u said:

Yep

Mediocre at best im afraid

Why do I get the feeling that if we signed Adam Barton, you'd be amongst the first to post on here.

Adam Barton? 6 goals in 133 games? Surely we can do better than that? Mediocre player!! :lol:

Da will do his job and build a team. I'll judge them when I see them play. Portsmoth signings? .. don't give a frying funk tbh!! :scarf:

Im Sure he will build a team

Its Whether that team is good enough to challenge for promotion is the key thing

We shall see but at this moment in time we have a poor midfield and an unfit attack. I hope we some bring some real quality in but im not holding my breath

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Biggs":150jk8c0 said:
never 'eard of 'em. :coat:

Good experienced left back to compete with purrington. Ben only just turned 19 so
should benefit from shadowing GS but i would expect him to become our permanent
LB within the next couple of seasons. So 1 year contract about right for me.
Gary sawyer was a solid dependable LB here previously and at a much higher level.
He should help us with our set pieces at both ends as he was always more than useful
in the air. He knows the club, area and all about our long away treks being home
produced.
289 games of experience for us to utilise and hopefully for ben to learn from.
Good signing and a hint of the good old flat back 4 returning again. Hurrah!

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Good signing, we need experience, not yet back for pre-season and already the usual suspects are telling DA how to do his job, you couldn`t make it up.

Mar 21, 2008
The Italian international left back Dossena that kept Sawyer out of the team at Orient last season was apparently infamously on 20k p/w, Orients wage budget in league 2 will be a serious challenge if they keep some of the players they've got at present eg. Jobi McAnuff, Darius Henderson

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Not including the youngsters and first year pros Sawyer is our 13th squad member, all have contracts ending in June 2016. Adams will have a big rebuilding project next summer unless contract extensions take place during this coming season.

Feb 23, 2008
jerryatricjanner":1stc1o5y said:
On the face of it a solid league 2 signing which barring the departure of Purrington indicates we will line up with a conventional back 4 next season. A nagging but only slight concern is that he played little in a relegated league 1 team last season. At least there should be no homesickness worries.

But then he played regularly in a team that missed out on the championship by a penalty shoot-out.

Well done Preecy by the way.... ;-)