Gethin Jones from Everton on loan - confirmed | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gethin Jones from Everton on loan - confirmed

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower!

Well done to Keep it Green for spotting the initial tweet. :clap:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":3vcrjapq said:
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower!

Well done to Keep it Green for spotting the initial tweet. :clap:
I must come clean and say it was my grandson, LeonTheGreen, who tipped me off but he was rushing out so I posted it instead. I'll gladly take the credit though. :)

Welcome to Home Park Gethin and good luck.

G

Greenskin

MannameadGreen":38xcrstr said:
HarlHM":38xcrstr said:
MannameadGreen":38xcrstr said:
Mellor is better than Holmes-Dennis.
And how is this in any way relevant?
We should be signing a left-back rather than a right-back - apologies if I didn't make that explicit.

THD is a damned good player from this point of view but each to his own I suppose.

Anyway, just as underwhelmed by this one as most but not surprised at this time of the season TBH. Highly unlikely that any experienced quality player will become available but good luck to the chap anyway and lets hope that he proves the general consensus wrong.

Apr 9, 2011
lehairybaker":2rpubp9a said:
After considering it a bit further. Mellor has been poor lately so could give him more competition. As long as there is an attacker coming in aswell this is a decent signing.
You should know by now Sheridan doesnt sign "attackers"

Dec 23, 2005
We were promised two strikers - not another defender. At the end of the day, it has already been mentioned we have a pretty good defence, but in my humble opinion, we need someone apart from the regular goal getters to actually put the ball in the net.. The manager did say ' signing of two strikers' are we to sign two more players then?.....

Dreamgreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
lehairybaker":3bw24ayp said:
After considering it a bit further. Mellor has been poor lately so could give him more competition. As long as there is an attacker coming in aswell this is a decent signing.

Dreamgreen":3bw24ayp said:
Maybe this player is joining to put pressure on Mellor.

To get out of this little rut, we need both full backs to be belting up and down the line. This is an element that gave us success when we had it, and the lack of it has been our downfall subsequently.

Don't forget where you heard it first :wave:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Cornishman":64bcyxzv said:
We were promised two strikers - not another defender. At the end of the day, it has already been mentioned we have a pretty good defence, but in my humble opinion, we need someone apart from the regular goal getters to actually put the ball in the net.. The manager did say ' signing of two strikers' are we to sign two more players then?.....

We we weren't and no he didn't.

Welcome Gethin. Can see him being used as RWB and potentially in midfield. Hopefully he was an attacking minded midfielder and fullback.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
With this clown in charge he could end up anywhere. Has Sheridan not noticed that our only striker is playing with an injury ? Crap signing because we do not need any more defenders.

Aug 5, 2005
Cornishman":34etsevu said:

He didn't say two strikers. He said two players.

According to Chris Errington, Sheridan wants to add an attack minded player by 5pm tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/ChrisErrington1/sta ... 1679960064

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Quizmike":3erjdxmb said:
Cornishman":3erjdxmb said:

He didn't say two strikers. He said two players.

According to Chris Errington, Sheridan wants to add an attack minded player by 5pm tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/ChrisErrington1/sta ... 1679960064

Sheridan on Saturday said definitely two players joining. The phrase "wants to add" suggests maybe one of the deals has fallen by the wayside and he is trying to recruit an alternative.

Mar 23, 2008
Seems an odd one from a positional perspective but we do lack pace and energy which in spells Talbot and Kellett offered and we were much better for it.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Yes welcome to HP...Drew Talbot Mark 2 by the looks of things