Gethin Jones from Everton on loan - confirmed | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gethin Jones from Everton on loan - confirmed

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Look just because he is a defender that doesn't mean JS won't play him as a striker :banghead:

Suggests he was the only guy prepared to come and play for us.
I must admit I had to say I was busy when JS phoned me as I hate playing out of position

Sep 28, 2003
London
Looks like a good player, but was it someone we really needed? This reeks of Sheridan signing someone by virtue of them being available.

Plus, Mellor has shown he can be an effective attacking full-back at this level. Why can't Sheridan work with players he's got, instead of trying to solve every problem by signing someone else?

Oh wait, I know...to coach players, you'd need to attend training. Got it.

Aug 10, 2006
oddball":3fy13qik said:
Yes welcome to HP...Drew Talbot Mark 2 by the looks of things
how do you work that out Talbot is 28 280 odd games been there seen it done it at this level gethin 19 done what exactly we need GOALS FFS.

Jan 3, 2013
Surely proves the naivity of the club's Board allowing our "manager" to waste money on players we don't need . Two goals in six games you CLOWN

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Andy Holland":3tmsl1c3 said:
Looks like a good player, but was it someone we really needed? This reeks of Sheridan signing someone by virtue of them being available.

Plus, Mellor has shown he can be an effective attacking full-back at this level. Why can't Sheridan work with players he's got, instead of trying to solve every problem by signing someone else?

Oh wait, I know...to coach players, you'd need to attend training. Got it.

Up until xmas I would have agreed with you...

C

Cobi Budge.

Mellor has been pretty awful since Christmas.

This will provide him with some much needed competition.

I'm no Sheridan fan but this is far from a bad signing, as long as we bring in a forward also.

Dec 3, 2005
Replacing Drew Talbot, hopefully as good if not better, coming from Everton :)

Now need someone up front, the like of Barry Hayles would do, someone who has the experience to bang in some goals.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Plays all the positions Drew Talbot does= good news I'd say. Sheridan's strengths and weaknesses are almost irrelevant really. We've lost a good player who can play X number of positions and now we are replacing him like for like.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Big difference Sam is that

Drew Talbot is 28 years old and played 292 league games and scored 23 goals.

Gethin Jones is 19 years old and has played 0 (ZERO) leagues games.

So i cant see how you can say replacing like for like.

Jun 13, 2005
Sunderland
Well he has been at Everton for 7 years so they obviously see something in him, not many 19 year olds will play in a premiership sides first team hence his appearance stats. Lets see where and how he plays before going off on one huh?

Jul 6, 2011
Quintrell_Green":1cyc7x3j said:
I was pleased to note that he was not the Gethin Jones, who was Catherine Jenkins' 'big squeeze' for some time! I would not want the distraction of her sitting in the Grandstand.

For you or for him? :lol: