Graham Carey | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey

Jan 3, 2013
At the Senior Greens, the CEO advised that our manager was very persuasive in persuading players to join us or extend their contracts, let's leave it in his hands, and criticise if we are not successful later

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
When Carey agreed to take up his option for the 2nd year he said something like he was playing for a manager he liked, in a position he wanted to play in and in an area of the country he likes, so it was an easy decision. I guess for some people it's not all about money. I think he's signed for Adams 3 times now, so looks like as long as DA is here, there's a good chance Carey will stay.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
my great friend colin "the Buddy Rich of swilly" bumped into his wife just before the start of the season and she said they are very happy to be living here.how very refreshing to hear that was. :D

Sep 15, 2012
Steve Evans":14ng8g8r said:
my great friend colin "the Buddy Rich of swilly" bumped into his wife just before the start of the season and she said they are very happy to be living here.how very refreshing to hear that was. :D

Cheers Steve

May 16, 2016
Steve Evans":3dpj4z0h said:

So Derek was on a roll when he was drumming up players to sign up. Seems he's snared a good one there.

Sep 15, 2012
Guiri Green":33t9qkcb said:
Steve Evans":33t9qkcb said:

So Derek was on a roll when he was drumming up players to sign up. Seems he's snared a good one there.

Very Good, Well Done

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Was that four or six games where he's been too good for the division?

Can recall plenty of games where he was ineffective as say Spencer and Goodwillie are at present.

Hope he stays, mind. :oops:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Knarf Reprah":17weoo0c said:
At the Senior Greens, the CEO advised that our manager was very persuasive in persuading players to join us or extend their contracts, let's leave it in his hands, and criticise if we are not successful later

I've a lot of faith in Derek Adams, but there's not much evidence to back that up. Of the players that were offered new deals, 8 players rejected and 5 accepted. Of those 5, 2 were goalkeepers, 2 were youngsters and the other is a striker whose injured until Xmas.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Gary_Wills":yee1t3wl said:

Can recall plenty of games where he was ineffective as say Spencer and Goodwillie are at present.

I certainly hope that he stays but I think that it should be pointed out that we managed quite well in December 2015 and January 2016 when he was injured for 7 games and we won 5 and lost only 2. 15 points from 7 games pro rata would be 98/99 points over 46 games.

I am not saying that we wouldn't miss him, I believe we would, but when he was out we managed to adapt our game.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
SwimWithTheTide":2s87tngl said:
Knarf Reprah":2s87tngl said:

I've a lot of faith in Derek Adams, but there's not much evidence to back that up. Of the players that were offered new deals, 8 players rejected and 5 accepted. Of those 5, 2 were goalkeepers, 2 were youngsters and the other is a striker whose injured until Xmas.

Of those who "rejected" though I think McHugh was the only one Derek actually wanted. Rumours of most being offered lesser terms because DA didn't really want them or would have taken them on the cheap as cover.

I think it's quite telling that we've brought in players like Smith, Osborne, Spencer and Bradley all of whom were believed to have interest from either their current clubs or outside parties and we beat these clubs to their signatures'.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":2vmnfswi said:
Gary_Wills":2vmnfswi said:

I certainly hope that he stays but I think that it should be pointed out that we managed quite well in December 2015 and January 2016 when he was injured for 7 games and we won 5 and lost only 2. 15 points from 7 games pro rata would be 98/99 points over 46 games.

I am not saying that we wouldn't miss him, I believe we would, but when he was out we managed to adapt our game.

Wait a minute. His injury was given as one of the reasons we didn't go up! And the pitch and the refs of course!

Sep 6, 2006
Ollieargyle9":1pcl9205 said:
SwimWithTheTide":1pcl9205 said:
Knarf Reprah":1pcl9205 said:

Of those who "rejected" though I think McHugh was the only one Derek actually wanted. Rumours of most being offered lesser terms because DA didn't really want them or would have taken them on the cheap as cover.

I think it's quite telling that we've brought in players like Smith, Osborne, Spencer and Bradley all of whom were believed to have interest from either their current clubs or outside parties and we beat these clubs to their signatures'.

So he didn't want Nelson?! And he didn't want Wylde who he originally signed?! Don't believe it.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
Graham Carey Is Awesome!

Absolutely love watching the guy play one of the reasons why i go argyle as well as to support the team.

Letting graham go would sure hurt the team one of our core players.

Promotion as to be up there as one of the most important number 1 focus this season or i can see a downward spiral with attendances abit like last night and that would be very bad for the club.

Promotion is a Must Number 1 Objective!