Graham Carey | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
He is a very good player for this standard. But in difficult situations he seems to take too much on his own shoulders and becomes more of an individual rather than a team player. I genuinely think that's because he cares, as opposed to playing for the scouts, but he must see that it's team game no matter what the game situation.

Mar 14, 2009
Carey is a very good player for league two level. You can't expect him to do it every game, week in, week out. I mean the opposition teams are so aware of him they double up with marking him when he has the ball. Its not easy.

Bolasie was an indifferent player who blew hot and cold. Someday's he would be magnificent but other times there were a lot of poor performances.

I think he developed into a fine player but you have to give the other clubs he moved to for some of his development. At Argyle he was very raw. I never watched him and thought he is a 30 million player who will move to Everton.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
demportdave":1lonaiz2 said:
Whilst in no way holding him to blame for the back to back home defeats, perhaps some people will now realise what an average player Carey is, even at League 2 level. Considering the way some people talk about him and their paranoia about him going in January, his inability to influence the game on Saturday and again tonight was quite disappointing.

He is a decent player at this level, but that's all he is.

As for comparing him to Bolasie and Puncheon ... ludicrous.

AVERAGE? Average? You need your head fixing. How fickle.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Or you could say if Carey is off form Argyle struggle.

Jul 6, 2005
Can't see a scenario where Carey leaves in January.

I doubt we will get a "silly money" offer for him so I expect Argyle to keep hold of him until his contract expires in the summer when both parties can consider their options.

However, it is highly unlikely that he will sign another contract at HP if we are not in in League 1.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Bored of it now. All our focus and attention should be on positive steps to achieve promotion.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Tugboat":3oh7kdng said:
Bored of it now. All our focus and attention should be on positive steps to achieve promotion.

I have had enough of what amounts to negative speculation, too. Unrelenting focus should be made on achieving promotion. What ever will be, will be. DA knows his worth and must take the appropriate steps. Move on.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
If Carey is average then we have a very below average team as he is by far our best player.
He is naturally gifted and unlike a lot of those type of players he has real desire and puts a good shift in for the team.

We would miss him badly from the team. In a league where there are a lot of hardworking, grafting steady eddy type players he is exceptional and reasonably consistent.

Easily championship standard and we are lucky to have such a great player.
He will probably move onto a bigger and higher club in the summer especially if we don't get promoted and only then will some people realise what they are missing.
But then those same people probably rate Donaldson

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
The interesting thing for me was that I never knew GC was a Scot, I wonder if he was aware of it. :whistle:

May 1, 2011
samjones":1o41bykt said:
If Carey is average then we have a very below average team as he is by far our best player.
He is naturally gifted and unlike a lot of those type of players he has real desire and puts a good shift in for the team.

We would miss him badly from the team. In a league where there are a lot of hardworking, grafting steady eddy type players he is exceptional and reasonably consistent.

He will probably move onto a bigger and higher club in the summer especially if we don't get promoted and only then will some people realise what they are missing.

All Argyle fans rate Carey, he is our best player. How is he is easily Championship standard at 27 and having never been anywhere near it?
I guess you think he could be doing a job in the Premiership?

He is a cracking player but let's be realistic.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
samjones":1vz9a36v said:

A bit like you should realise what we're missing with Spencer injured, Sam; although I doubt that you would be prepared to admit it.

Aug 5, 2016
Bristol Rich":syy2hm0w said:
samjones":syy2hm0w said:

All Argyle fans rate Carey, he is our best player. How is he is easily Championship standard at 27 and having never been anywhere near it?
I guess you think he could be doing a job in the Premiership?

He is a cracking player but let's be realistic.

The SPL has a broad range of players, many are easily Championship standard. Carey also used to play for Celtic like. Hardly an undiscovered non league gem.

Is Omar Bogle also not Championship quality, having not played anywhere near that level?