Grandstand/PCC | Page 35 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand/PCC

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
argobenz":3tt3z702 said:
jerryatricjanner":3tt3z702 said:
argobenz":3tt3z702 said:
Personally I would far rather have a modern modest stadium packed to the rafters than another one of these monolith wastelands which we see every week on TV.

And I include the Premiership.
Sure I read this week that there was 96% occupancy at Premier league games?
I would also like to see a smaller packed ground as long as the infrastructure was in place to easily and affordable increase capacity as and when needed and not to have corners of the ground spirited away to consign us for ever with a 16,000 stadium with no hope of ever expanding bar promotion to the Premier league which would become even more difficult with lower capacity.

I said modest, around 25k not small.

Argyle planning for the Premiership is a joke, by the time we get anywhere near there we could easily demolish the Devonport End and build a multi tier version.

I assume the capacity of the Devonport End to currently sit in the region of 4,000.

If then we're saying that's our 'expansion plan' and you want to increase the capacity to 25,000 from 17,000 (an increase of 8,000 - all apparently on the Devonport End) you're suggesting a Devonport end three times its current height. Jeesh, I thought Crewe's ground was lopsided but that would be some spectacle!
Crumbs I wonder what that would do for the sea views!
Basically we're talking the current Home Park with a poxy mini-stand and then the equivalent of Villa's Holte End in place of the Devonport!? Bizarre, one end with the capacity of the rest of the stadium put together....wowzers, would love to see it!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
argobenz":1cl3fxb3 said:
jerryatricjanner":1cl3fxb3 said:
argobenz":1cl3fxb3 said:
Personally I would far rather have a modern modest stadium packed to the rafters than another one of these monolith wastelands which we see every week on TV.

I would also like to see a smaller packed ground as long as the infrastructure was in place to easily and affordable increase capacity as and when needed and not to have corners of the ground spirited away to consign us for ever with a 16,000 stadium with no hope of ever expanding bar promotion to the Premier league which would become even more difficult with lower capacity.

Argyle planning for the Premiership is a joke, by the time we get anywhere near there we could easily demolish the Devonport End and build a multi tier version.

No, we really could not easily do that, but I guess you're not too fussed as you could pop to white hart lane right? :thumbup:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
spowell92":264mk024 said:
argobenz":264mk024 said:
jerryatricjanner":264mk024 said:
argobenz":264mk024 said:

No, we really could not easily do that, but I guess you're not too fussed as you could pop to white hart lane right? :thumbup:

Why not? The Devonport is backed onto the burger van area it's hardly the housing some football grounds are surrounded by. We've also got the Lyndhurst which backs onto concrete, not quite as much room as the Devonport but certainly enough to have the stand extended back to the steps.

That combined with the corners which I assume are going to be now empty with nothing to fill them give us plenty of room for expansion. Of all the football ground in the UK ours has got to be up there with the most room for expansion seeing as though most clubs are based in City centres.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
I would imagine that PCC will have noted news reports from elsewhere in the county, I wonder what impact, if any, this will have at our end?

The whole thing just feels like one massive stalemate right now.

Are PCC still going to be prepared to loan us over a million pounds? How are we going to pay off James Brent's director loans?

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
jerryatricjanner":1vbf2ph0 said:
argobenz":1vbf2ph0 said:
jerryatricjanner":1vbf2ph0 said:
I assume it relates to tickets sold as Arsenal's attendance is recorded as 60,000 or a shade over every game regardless but at least they are all paid for. A fair percentage of season ticket holders will miss numerous games also just as at Home Park where the official attendance published is probably a good 10% higher than the actual number of people in the ground. 96% is a very high percentage of seats sold.

More like 10% less.
What you really think there has been an average of 8,300 people inside the ground at our home matches this season? Surely an extra tier on the Devonport in the future could take us to barely 20,000 if we lose the corers of the current ground and the expense would be far greater than filling in the corners?

I'm sure any future requirement can be accommodated with a good architect and money.

As far as posting attendances does anyone believe the gate for a cash business?

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
up_the_line":3108vhgv said:
argobenz":3108vhgv said:
jerryatricjanner":3108vhgv said:
argobenz":3108vhgv said:

I assume the capacity of the Devonport End to currently sit in the region of 4,000.

If then we're saying that's our 'expansion plan' and you want to increase the capacity to 25,000 from 17,000 (an increase of 8,000 - all apparently on the Devonport End) you're suggesting a Devonport end three times its current height. Jeesh, I thought Crewe's ground was lopsided but that would be some spectacle!
Crumbs I wonder what that would do for the sea views!
Basically we're talking the current Home Park with a poxy mini-stand and then the equivalent of Villa's Holte End in place of the Devonport!? Bizarre, one end with the capacity of the rest of the stadium put together....wowzers, would love to see it!

In architects and money I trust.

If we need a lot more seats just increase the Lyndy or if we are genuinely in the most lucrative league in the world get the Stadium re-branded and start again.

Personally I would rather accept that the Championship with 18-20k gates is the sensible and achievable target.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
spowell92":2w0x905f said:
argobenz":2w0x905f said:
jerryatricjanner":2w0x905f said:
argobenz":2w0x905f said:

No need.

I get to see them every week, often the full game from multiple angles usually with the build up, half time recap and end summary, and even occasionally in 3D.

Beats 10 seconds on he FL show, hence the green membership.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
Biggs":3iuzd6yl said:
http://www.mkweb.co.uk/VIDEO-look-new-MK-Arena-home-MK-Lightning/story-23175708-detail/story.html

http://www.mkweb.co.uk/Pete-Winkelm...a-MK1-Milton/story-23040582-detail/story.html

Even Milton Keynes can get a 30k stadium, ice arena and IMAX cinema without any problems. How exactly have they managed it??

EDIT: Having said that, that 'MK1' stadium/retail park looks pretty god-awful

Because everything that ever involves investment in this club and PCC normally ends up in a tedious protracted process that ultimately ends up in nothing ever happening... like it has done for the past 20 odd years

This project is so bloody boring

Small towns and cities are built in the time its taken to deliberate the Grandstand redevelopment

Its an eyesore and needs bulldozing if this club is to ever progress

Reckon it will still be here in 10 years time

M

Monkey Nuts

I see Bristol City have finally got their act together and are pressing on with an impressive rebuild. We're in very real danger of getting left behind here!!