Grandstand/PCC | Page 36 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand/PCC

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I've no idea how people can use Bristol City getting a new stand as a stick with which to beat JB. It's not like Brent has the same amount of cash as City's owner and just isn't building the stand!

Jan 6, 2004
Bristol City also sharing with the rugby club, who are likely to get promoted and pay, I would imagine a hefty amount towards the rebuild. If Albion had kicked on to the Premiership, as seemed quite likely 3-4 years ago, instead of dropping back, I could have seen the same thing happening at Home Park.

And the plus side for supporters is that the bars improve expodentially, as rugby supporters expect pub like choice and prices from their stadium bars.

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
Monkey Nuts":1ugciuwl said:
I see Bristol City have finally got their act together and are pressing on with an impressive rebuild. We're in very real danger of getting left behind here!!
Exactly what I was thinking. If only a rich investor would buy us!

M

Monkey Nuts

Liam Vercoe":25m0qrhb said:
I've no idea how people can use Bristol City getting a new stand as a stick with which to beat JB. It's not like Brent has the same amount of cash as City's owner and just isn't building the stand!
Where did you get that from? I'm not using anything to beat anyone, I'm fully aware that we don't have a mega rich owner etc. I'm simply pointing out the fact that up until a few years ago we were pretty much neck and neck with Bristol City, but now they seem to be accelerating away from us, in much the same was as Albion and Exeter Chiefs paths so rapidly separated.

Tis a real shame!

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Monkey Nuts":1kd5il80 said:
Liam Vercoe":1kd5il80 said:
Where did you get that from? I'm not using anything to beat anyone, I'm fully aware that we don't have a mega rich owner etc. I'm simply pointing out the fact that up until a few years ago we were pretty much neck and neck with Bristol City, but now they seem to be accelerating away from us, in much the same was as Albion and Exeter Chiefs paths so rapidly separated.

Tis a real shame!

Wasn't aimed at you specifically, I've seen three or four posts since the Bristol game saying things to this effect.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Because football and plymouth is so much harder to try and partner together. It takes so much more work and energy to try and replicate other clubs ambitions.

It gets exhausting after a while.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Slightly ironic that on the official site, there is still a section entitled "Grandstand Development News". The last entry dated 26th June 2014 advising that the Grandstand would remain open in the early weeks of the current season. :(

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Tugboat":1nxdz318 said:
It gets exhausting after a while.

Totally agree Tuggers.

Like most Argyle fans, I think we just 'want it done'. Nothing ever comes easy to us Argyle fans does it?

Just thinking over the weekend, ECFC ten year anniversary of their Old Trafford sojourn, Cambridge replicate it almost to the day, Bradford City's heroics at The Bridge.................. The list goes on.

How I hate green.