Grandstand Update | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters
T

The Grumpy Loyal

Graham Clark":2rrl0a2w said:
According to the Safety Certificate the capacity of the Lyndhurst is 4,296 (blocks 10-15) with the two quadrants adding a further around 1,300 each.
Oh please. :)
Regardless of paperwork technicalities Graham, if you ask anyone who sits in block 9 (or 16 if it wasn't closed off) where they sit, they'd say.."the Lyndhurst". To demonstrate my point further, the P A F C on the seats in the Lyndhurst covers SEVEN blocks. To say that either the P or the C isn't in the Lyndhurst would be a tad pedantic. A bit like refusing to accept the Mayflower terrace area isn't part of the South Stand because it isn't on the Safety certificate.

Anyway, regardless of that, the fans have absolutely been duped by Brent into thinking the Ā£5m refurb would take the capacity to around 20,000. It doesn't. That stinks, but of course as a Brent sceptic, it doesn't surprise me one iota.

May 16, 2016
The Grumpy Loyal":kxh0rcs1 said:
Graham Clark":kxh0rcs1 said:
According to the Safety Certificate the capacity of the Lyndhurst is 4,296 (blocks 10-15) with the two quadrants adding a further around 1,300 each.
Regardless of paperwork technicalities Graham, if you ask anyone who sits in block 9 (or 16 if it wasn't closed off) where they sit, they'd say.."the Lyndhurst". To demonstrate my point further, the P A F C on the seats in the Lyndhurst covers SEVEN blocks. To say that either the P or the C isn't in the Lyndhurst would be a tad pedantic. A bit like refusing to accept the Mayflower terrace area isn't part of the South Stand because it isn't on the Safety certificate.

Anyway, regardless of that, the fans have absolutely been duped by Brent into thinking the Ā£5m refurb would take the capacity to around 20,000. It doesn't. That stinks, but of course as a Brent sceptic, it doesn't surprise me one iota.

Where does it officially say it won't be this magical garaunteed promotion 20K ? I feel sorry for the hoards of Janners queing up for Season Tickets.

Never felt so duped since the moon landings.

Nov 2, 2004
I was very much against the previous and awful Brent proposed grandstand developement,that just involved various money making ventures and a crap afterthought stand.This however appears to be a well thought out refurb with the grandstand at the heart of it.Perhaps Mr Hallett influence.Congats to all involved.I hope they have the old system of unreserved seating in the lower grandstand,allowing groups of old mates to sit together and give the opposition subs some verbal.

M

Monkey Nuts

Having had a good look at all the pics, i have to say i'm pretty happy with how it looks. It'll be a massive improvement after stage one, but for it to really tick all the boxes, it's all about whether stage 2 ever happens... presume that stage 2 isn't covered by the current available cash? Those two corner stands and the roof extension won't be cheap, so i really hope that there is a genuine plan to get that done, and really make the place look finished, although i'm pretty skeptical to be honest, and kind of feel like those stage two drawings could well just be there to make the whole plan look better than it is. Hopefully someone may have some insight on what the situation genuinely is?

Just hope that the space to the Barn Park side of the grandstand, where the current exit stairway is now, isn't just a 'blank wall' as it looks in the drawings! Hopefully it'll be something like control room, corporate boxes or TV studio etc, with windows overlooking the pitch... maybe even the fabled scoreboard(unlikely... but if Torquay can get one!).

Also, it looks like the perimeter wall outside the stand will be staying, along with some of those small buildings, like the current media room etc.... so i wonder what the plan will be for accessing the club shop and ticket offices? Assuming they will be built into the new extension and not in the car park?

And finally on a purely cosmetic thought, lets have some decent patterns worked into the green seating!

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Was there any info on the actual construction side of it? What is actually being refurbed? Presumably the only thing really useful is the ground of which it sits on?

Aug 5, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":1lmp2v1d said:
Graham Clark":1lmp2v1d said:

Wait. Are you making things up and then complaining about them?

Where did 17000 come from?

Apr 27, 2009
Monkey Nuts":1w2kjlko said:
Having had a good look at all the pics, i have to say i'm pretty happy with how it looks. It'll be a massive improvement after stage one, but for it to really tick all the boxes, it's all about whether stage 2 ever happens... presume that stage 2 isn't covered by the current available cash? Those two corner stands and the roof extension won't be cheap, so i really hope that there is a genuine plan to get that done, and really make the place look finished, although i'm pretty skeptical to be honest, and kind of feel like those stage two drawings could well just be there to make the whole plan look better than it is. Hopefully someone may have some insight on what the situation genuinely is?

Just hope that the space to the Barn Park side of the grandstand, where the current exit stairway is now, isn't just a 'blank wall' as it looks in the drawings! Hopefully it'll be something like control room, corporate boxes or TV studio etc, with windows overlooking the pitch... maybe even the fabled scoreboard(unlikely... but if Torquay can get one!).

Also, it looks like the perimeter wall outside the stand will be staying, along with some of those small buildings, like the current media room etc.... so i wonder what the plan will be for accessing the club shop and ticket offices? Assuming they will be built into the new extension and not in the car park?

And finally on a purely cosmetic thought, lets have some decent patterns worked into the green seating!

Club shop and ticket office are shown on the plans, both will be accessed through the original turnstile facade.

M

Monkey Nuts

Stonehouse Mike":2b84gg8h said:
Monkey Nuts":2b84gg8h said:

Club shop and ticket office are shown on the plans, both will be accessed through the original turnstile facade.

Ah right...that sounds good!! Haven't seen that plan, great idea though!!

Aug 5, 2005
Abbotts Ann Green":2llu7fcw said:
The Grumpy Loyal is a troll, always has been always will be so not even worth a reply.

I would agree with you wholeheartedly. But someone on Facebook is now quoting it as fact

Now we hear, from a third party who is not a club spokesperson, that capacity will be 17,400 - a round 1000 fewer than the inadequate capacity proposed for the stadium in the HHP plan

Now I don't know if the is Grumpy Loyal who has posted this, but this figure will be used by some as another reason to criticise Brent. And it's completely made up.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Abbotts Ann Green":1t0opf6k said:
The Grumpy Loyal is a troll, always has been always will be so not even worth a reply.

Any attempt at a counter argument, rather than throwing slurs?

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/james-b ... story.html

Can anyone seriously read anything in this article that DOESN'T give the cast iron impression that the Ā£5m refurb gives a 20,000 capacity?

Any mention of two phases? :whistle:

Just tell the truth from the outset. That way you don't build up peoples hopes and dreams, before massively underwhelming them with the reality.

Aug 5, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":35pwswb3 said:
Abbotts Ann Green":35pwswb3 said:

Any attempt at a counter argument, rather than throwing slurs?

Any attempt to answering my question, rather than completely ignoring it?