Grandstand Update | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Grandstand Update

Do you like the stage 1 plans for the grandstand?

• Yes

Votes: 206 77.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 13.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 25 9.4%

• Total voters
M

Monkey Nuts

up_the_line":uak1qctv said:
Looks quite good other than the severely restricted views of the barn park goal from the upper east of the grandstand
Same for the seats in the extensions to the barn park and Devonport. Those seats at the back where the stands meet the grandstand would have literally zero view of the goal at the other end of the pitch

The upper east of the grandstand will surely have the same view of the pitch that they have now won't they?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The Grumpy Loyal":1qzny7mn said:
Abbotts Ann Green":1qzny7mn said:
The Grumpy Loyal is a troll, always has been always will be so not even worth a reply.

Any attempt at a counter argument, rather than throwing slurs?
To be fair to you I agree Grumpy, rather than chuck a cheap insult at you how about contesting the points you made. One point I do agree with is that it appears, and no it's not fact, that capacity is looking like 17,400 approx and then of course we have substantial segregation at Home Park making a big dent in that. We were led to believe by JB's comments that the new capacity would be close to 20,000 and I too feel a little duped by that. I do look forward to seeing the completed work though as there are many big improvements to what we have at present.

M

Monkey Nuts

I don't seem to see any floodlights in the pictures either. I wonder where they fit in to all of this?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Quizmike":1uyuka2v said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1uyuka2v said:
Abbotts Ann Green":1uyuka2v said:
The Grumpy Loyal is a troll, always has been always will be so not even worth a reply.

Any attempt to answering my question, rather than completely ignoring it?

I didn't ignore it. TBH I didn't know what you were going on about. The 17400 I mentioned was a quote from PL2 3DQ a few pages ago. I'll paste it here....

From looking at the rows of seats I think I've narrowed the total capacity down to around 17,400 (give or take 200).

Bottom tier is 1,960 plus 70 spaces for disabled fans = 2,030.
Middle tier is 490/500, that depends on how many are in the corporate boxes.
Top tier is more difficult to judge because block sizes are not even but it looks to be 2,900.

So stage 1 total capacity is around = 5,430.
We already know the horseshoe is 12,000 capacity.

So total capacity of Home Park at stage 1 is 17,430 +/- 200.

Stage 2 should take it over 20,000.

His maths. Not mine.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

jerryatricjanner":1twqx7t7 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":1twqx7t7 said:
Abbotts Ann Green":1twqx7t7 said:

To be fair to you I agree Grumpy, rather than chuck a cheap insult at you how about contesting the points you made. One point I do agree with is that it appears, and no it's not fact, that capacity is looking like 17,400 approx and then of course we have substantial segregation at Home Park making a big dent in that. We were led to believe by JB's comments that the new capacity would be close to 20,000 and I too feel a little duped by that. I do look forward to seeing the completed work though as there are many big improvements to what we have at present.

Fair comment.

What amazes me is that people are so desperate to believe in something, even when they are presented with facts to the contrary, they still don't realise they have been duped.

Janners eh? :facepalm:

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
That's the problem when there is so little detail and explanation in the plans and display yesterday. Always best to be up front and transparent. Especially if you want to build trust with the fanbase.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Monkey Nuts":2xavz0sk said:
I don't seem to see any floodlights in the pictures either. I wonder where they fit in to all of this?

£5.1 million, thats all we have :lol:

Aug 5, 2005
The Grumpy Loyal":3pslgma0 said:
Quizmike":3pslgma0 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":3pslgma0 said:
Abbotts Ann Green":3pslgma0 said:

I didn't ignore it. TBH I didn't know what you were going on about. The 17400 I mentioned was a quote from PL2 3DQ a few pages ago. I'll paste it here....

From looking at the rows of seats I think I've narrowed the total capacity down to around 17,400 (give or take 200).

Top tier is more difficult to judge because block sizes are not even but it looks to be 2,900.

His maths. Not mine.

And what does the last line say?

M

Monkey Nuts

The Grumpy Loyal":3cst9kq7 said:
Abbotts Ann Green":3cst9kq7 said:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/james-b ... story.html

Can anyone seriously read anything in this article that DOESN'T give the cast iron impression that the £5m refurb gives a 20,000 capacity?

Any mention of two phases? :whistle:

Just tell the truth from the outset. That way you don't build up peoples hopes and dreams, before massively underwhelming them with the reality.

To be fair, it does say 20,000 and there are no mentions of any 'staged building'

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The Grumpy Loyal":3h0z97jz said:
Abbotts Ann Green":3h0z97jz said:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/james-b ... story.html

Can anyone seriously read anything in this article that DOESN'T give the cast iron impression that the £5m refurb gives a 20,000 capacity?

Any mention of two phases? :whistle:

Just tell the truth from the outset. That way you don't build up peoples hopes and dreams, before massively underwhelming them with the reality.
No quote from JB about capacity:

The Argyle chairman would not go into much specific detail about the plans, which will raise the capacity at Home Park to 20,000, but he did confirm some information.

Did he tell the reporter off record?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Quizmike":2znqnfy6 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2znqnfy6 said:
Quizmike":2znqnfy6 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2znqnfy6 said:
Abbotts Ann Green":2znqnfy6 said:

His maths. Not mine.

Are you being serious?

Let me spell it out. What is actually costed and planned to be built with Halletts £5m by 2020 is the now quoted 'Stage 1'.

Now, every interview given by Brent prior to these plans being revealed gave the complete impression that the capacity AFTER the £5m refurb would be around 20,000.

What has now transpired is that the £5m refurb - the bit Brent referred to in all his previous interviews, now falls under the title of Stage 1, and crucially, that brings the capacity to nowhere near 20,000.

The Stage 2 bit is Fantasyland. Pure propaganda from the club to appease fans into believing there's a rock solid plan and finance for it to happen following Stage 1.

So the reality after Halletts £5m Stage 1 is done? A capacity in the 17's and an excuse from Brent that 'Stage 2' isn't needed.

M

Monkey Nuts

The Grumpy Loyal":2hhofgqo said:
Quizmike":2hhofgqo said:
Quizmike":2hhofgqo said:
Abbotts Ann Green":2hhofgqo said:

His maths. Not mine.

Are you being serious?

Let me spell it out. What is actually costed and planned to be built with Halletts £5m by 2020 is the now quoted 'Stage 1'.

Now, every interview given by Brent prior to these plans being revealed gave the complete impression that the capacity AFTER the £5m refurb would be around 20,000.

What has now transpired is that the £5m refurb - the bit Brent referred to in all his previous interviews, now falls under the title of Stage 1, and crucially, that brings the capacity to nowhere near 20,000.

The Stage 2 bit is Fantasyland. Pure propaganda from the club to appease fans into believing there's a rock solid plan and finance for it to happen following Stage 1.

So the reality after Halletts £5m Stage 1 is done? A capacity in the 17's and an excuse from Brent that 'Stage 2' isn't needed.

Real shame.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
When Argyle can fill a 17.000 capacity on a regular basis, there will be no excuses for not moving onto stage 2. But there is currently no evidence to support creating a 20,000 capacity stadium, which would involve substantial costs to build seats that would be empty on a very regular basis.

Apr 27, 2009
Monkey Nuts":svbkb9rb said:
Stonehouse Mike":svbkb9rb said:
Monkey Nuts":svbkb9rb said:
Having had a good look at all the pics, i have to say i'm pretty happy with how it looks. It'll be a massive improvement after stage one, but for it to really tick all the boxes, it's all about whether stage 2 ever happens... presume that stage 2 isn't covered by the current available cash? Those two corner stands and the roof extension won't be cheap, so i really hope that there is a genuine plan to get that done, and really make the place look finished, although i'm pretty skeptical to be honest, and kind of feel like those stage two drawings could well just be there to make the whole plan look better than it is. Hopefully someone may have some insight on what the situation genuinely is?

Just hope that the space to the Barn Park side of the grandstand, where the current exit stairway is now, isn't just a 'blank wall' as it looks in the drawings! Hopefully it'll be something like control room, corporate boxes or TV studio etc, with windows overlooking the pitch... maybe even the fabled scoreboard(unlikely... but if Torquay can get one!).

Also, it looks like the perimeter wall outside the stand will be staying, along with some of those small buildings, like the current media room etc.... so i wonder what the plan will be for accessing the club shop and ticket offices? Assuming they will be built into the new extension and not in the car park?

And finally on a purely cosmetic thought, lets have some decent patterns worked into the green seating!

Club shop and ticket office are shown on the plans, both will be accessed through the original turnstile facade.

Ah right...that sounds good!! Haven't seen that plan, great idea though!!

Page 16 of this thread, 6th picture down. Shop and ticket office are the dark grey new buildings to the bottom left.

Its hard to see on a phone or tablet, you need to zoom to see the wording !