Greatest Day Ever At Home Park | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Greatest Day Ever At Home Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I remember it well. I was in the Lyndhurst near the halfway line. The attendance was only about 4,500 I think but the atmosphere generated was remarkable as we came back from 2 down. It was an evening game under lights.

N

NorfolkGreen

PIRAN-PILGRIM":3sqna72q said:
4-3 win at HP v Torquay, Adie Littlejohn hat trick Warnock years the season we outclassed teams.

My wife's first game and she bet on Littlejohn first scorer!

N

NorfolkGreen

4-4 vs Cardiff, I think it was New Year's Day, the game that had everything.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Nought classy about Warnock's Argyle was there???

We had a midfield who were so awful on the ball they were best avoided, which they generally were as the ball whistled past them to Ady or Evans. Snotters and bruisers were Warnock's gig weren't they, impressive though a first season promo was.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Argyle 6 Torquay 0 Boxing Day 1969(?) Norman Piper scored a great free kick from the left touchline at the Demport End. The Milkman scored 4. My first ever visit to HP.

Argyle Palace in the FA Cup when Jim Furnell saved Venables' last minute penalty - again at the Demport End.

Argyle 5 Rochdale 0 Tuesday night under lights when an unknown signing from Chorley marked his debut with a goal and then celebrated right in front of me as I held onto the silver railings in the 'Kop' corner.

Argyle Everton when there were 13,000 scousers in the Lyndhurst

Argyle Blackburn the night nearly 29,000 came to see us win and gain top place in League Division 3.

Argyle Santos with 38,000 crammed in to see the mighty greens beat Pele's Brazilians.

Argyle Man City when school closed for Wednesday afternoon so everybody could go to HP to see Argyle draw with Summerbee, Bell, Doyle, Corrigan et al in the League Cup semi-final.

I truly feel sorry for those young -even middle aged members - of the GA who never had the chance to experience those heady days of the 70s when Home Park had real atmosphere.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
NorfolkGreen":30elqd1d said:
4-4 vs Cardiff, I think it was New Year's Day, the game that had everything.

Was a New Year day game....Crudge went off injured and Nisbet took over in goal - was that still in the one sub days?

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
bringonthemilkman":22mrwqzq said:
Argyle 6 Torquay 0 Boxing Day 1969(?) Norman Piper scored a great free kick from the left touchline at the Demport End. The Milkman scored 4. My first ever visit to HP.

Argyle Palace in the FA Cup when Jim Furnell saved Venables' last minute penalty - again at the Demport End.

Argyle 5 Rochdale 0 Tuesday night under lights when an unknown signing from Chorley marked his debut with a goal and then celebrated right in front of me as I held onto the silver railings in the 'Kop' corner.

Argyle Everton when there were 13,000 scousers in the Lyndhurst

Argyle Blackburn the night nearly 29,000 came to see us win and gain top place in League Division 3.

Argyle Santos with 38,000 crammed in to see the mighty greens beat Pele's Brazilians.

Argyle Man City when school closed for Wednesday afternoon so everybody could go to HP to see Argyle draw with Summerbee, Bell, Doyle, Corrigan et al in the League Cup semi-final.

I truly feel sorry for those young -even middle aged members - of the GA who never had the chance to experience those heady days of the 70s when Home Park had real atmosphere.

You beat me to it with the 6-0 against Torquay on Boxing Day 1969.

Mike Bickle scored four goals - yes, four goals in the same match, not in several seasons!

Those were the days. And the football was far better, unlike the tippy-tappy cr@p we get nowadays.

Nov 4, 2012
Argyle 2-0 QPR 2004
Argyle 2-0 Derby 2007 FA Cup 5th Round
Argyle 3-0 Exeter 2002
Argyle 7-0 Chesterfield 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.