Hartlepool match thread & Pasoti chat room | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hartlepool match thread & Pasoti chat room

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Our first away draw of the season.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Well that's turned out to be a good day.

15 games to go, we're 8 points clear with a game in hand.

Kennedy is some player at this level.

Nov 21, 2012
1 point from 6 against teams in the bottom half of the league, not good enough. A tough run of fixtures coming up as well, can't help but be disappointed.

Nov 4, 2012
Other results went for us. Poor return from these two games.

Orient lost a crucial 6 pointer :funny:

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
PAFC94":riz436pa said:
Other results went for us. Poor return from these two games.

Orient lost a crucial 6 pointer :funny:

Perhaps they think our draw against Hartlepool is part of our conspiracy to get them relegated?

Aug 5, 2016
up_the_line":lqrwioh5 said:
I'll take it, but as above 1 point from 6th against 2 relegation fodder teams with makeshift first 11s really is woeful. Have a feeling March is going to kill us if we aren't capable of beating teams like Hartlepool

We are capable though. We haven't got 61 points by the middle of February because we can't beat sides like Leyton Orient and Hartlepool. Similarly just because we win most away games, it doesn't mean we will win them all. It's an up and down season - don't soil yourself in excitement when we beat Exeter, don't split your wrists when we lose to Leyton Orient. Inch by inch we will get there. Any point away from home is a good one, we are just a bit too accustomed to winning.

The table still looks healthy, that is all that matters. In August, what would we have given to be 8 points clear of 4th with 15 games to go?

Mar 14, 2009
Against Yeovil we conceded and they came on strong. Same with Leyton Orient.

Today we sounded in control. Then we concede and it's like the confidence is kicked out of us and takes time to recover.

I'm not sure why this is? It needs one of the senior players to start getting into the heads of others to keep doing what they were before conceding.

Something for the future of the team but would like to see a leader type in the middle of the park. Like people have mentioned before Fletcher would be a good type of player and leader in this team.

I think back to the days of Nallis. How he had a calm effect on the team. It's amazing how one player can make a difference.

Feb 2, 2007
We do seem better at the moment against teams more prepared to give us space and "play" e.g. Cambridge, Exeter and Stevenage as opposed to those scrapping and keeping it tight e.g. LO, Yeovil, Pools

C

Charles Plym

Good result , draw away from home against a side fighting for survival nobody gained on us , another game less to play , 8 points clear of 4 th .... Happy days if you're a realist , misery if your a natural moaner .

Dec 17, 2016
Had we taken our early chances on Tues v Orient and won that match, and taken our chances early on in today's match, we'd have picked up 5 more points and be sitting proud at the top of the table!! :sigh:

But as we all know, life doesn't always run smoothly, so I think we just remain thankful that a lot of other teams around and below us drew today and so we move on and upwards.......Luton could be massive next week.....

Jan 7, 2013
Another game closer to the finish line and the gap hasn't changed so I'm happy.. disappointed with how the game changed after pool taking the lead as we were in control and seemed a case of how many would we score.. but all in all happy with the outcome of today's results.