Hartlepool match thread & Pasoti chat room | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hartlepool match thread & Pasoti chat room

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
PlymOdi":2jpapj2i said:
1 Point from 6 against 22nd and 23rd. Not good enough for promotion candidates.

And yet we are promotion candidates.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Well, if people are happy with 1 point from 6 against 2 of the bottom 3 with very much makeshift teams and missing a great chance to put distance between ourselves and 4th, even to have gone top then fair enough. See you at Luton for the archetypal 6 pointer

Jul 29, 2012
Not really good enough but we move on . Hopefully Sarcovic fit for Luton which will be a vital game .

Apr 29, 2016
Too many people concerned about Orient. That's all in the past, move on peeps they're really not worth commenting about!

Dec 3, 2005
Metal_Green_Mickey":3c8njjl1 said:
Against Yeovil we conceded and they came on strong. Same with Leyton Orient.

Today we sounded in control. Then we concede and it's like the confidence is kicked out of us and takes time to recover.

I'm not sure why this is? It needs one of the senior players to start getting into the heads of others to keep doing what they were before conceding.

Something for the future of the team but would like to see a leader type in the middle of the park. Like people have mentioned before Fletcher would be a good type of player and leader in this team.

I think back to the days of Nallis. How he had a calm effect on the team. It's amazing how one player can make a difference.

Personally I would like to see an outfield playes as our Captain - nothing against Luke - but I beleive a Captain should either be a Center Half or in the Midfield - from there he can talk/shout at players, be there when incidents happen to either stop Argyle players getting into more trouble or chatting to the Ref - so much easier then being stuck back in the goal. But I guess that is for another thread. One point better then we were and crucially Luton stay that 8 points behind - avoid defeat on Saturday and we should be on our way :)

Mar 14, 2009
up_the_line":38ceie0b said:
Well, if people are happy with 1 point from 6 against 2 of the bottom 3 with very much makeshift teams and missing a great chance to put distance between ourselves and 4th, even to have gone top then fair enough. See you at Luton for the archetypal 6 pointer

Don't think people are happy but you take a point when you have lost your way in a game and are behind.

I understand why people think we will go up. Had we lost today l wouldn't have expected them to think any different because we lost. It was only two weeks ago people were saying how great this team is. We will lose between now and the end of the season but those people have just got to keep the faith when we do.

Apr 29, 2016
djg145":3kicpild said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3kicpild said:
Against Yeovil we conceded and they came on strong. Same with Leyton Orient.

Today we sounded in control. Then we concede and it's like the confidence is kicked out of us and takes time to recover.

I'm not sure why this is? It needs one of the senior players to start getting into the heads of others to keep doing what they were before conceding.

Something for the future of the team but would like to see a leader type in the middle of the park. Like people have mentioned before Fletcher would be a good type of player and leader in this team.

I think back to the days of Nallis. How he had a calm effect on the team. It's amazing how one player can make a difference.

Personally I would like to see an outfield playes as our Captain - nothing against Luke - but I beleive a Captain should either be a Center Half or in the Midfield - from there he can talk/shout at players, be there when incidents happen to either stop Argyle players getting into more trouble or chatting to the Ref - so much easier then being stuck back in the goal. But I guess that is for another thread. One point better then we were and crucially Luton stay that 8 points behind - avoid defeat on Saturday and we should be on our way :)

I know what you mean but natural born leaders like Bradley will lead the outfield players anyway. Carey isn't a shrinking violet either!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Would I have taken a point before kickoff? Hell NO

Would I have taken a point at half time? Hell YEAH

We've certainly lost a little bit of spark and seem to lose our heads when we concede but hopefully it's repairable and with other results going our way today we haven't lost ground. Unfortunately we haven't made any either.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
monkeywrench":222ndsro said:
PlymOdi":222ndsro said:
1 Point from 6 against 22nd and 23rd. Not good enough for promotion candidates.

And yet we are promotion candidates.

We were at this point last year too. Look what some silly points dropped to lower teams did there.

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
GA1984 reminds us of what is important. Win a homegame, if you can, then draw or win way.

Today was hard fought but when you are playing teams that need points to survive you are fight people who have the same mindset

Yes, we got out of jail today, but so did Donny, Pompey, Luton... etc.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
GreenJake":nl4r7wla said:
1 point from 6 against teams in the bottom half of the league, not good enough. A tough run of fixtures coming up as well, can't help but be disappointed.

Absolutely. we have 6 really tough games away still to come and its totally conceivable that we will be lucky to haul 6 points from those fixtures and consequently see our 8 point cushion disappear

PROMOTION teams win these games against bottom teams. Shouldn't be relying on others to SLIP UP all the time.

Its quite an uninspiring and unconvincing season for a team at the top