Herald & Pasoti | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Herald & Pasoti

Jan 27, 2012
I have no involvement or interest in the politics of the various fans groups. I'm just a bloke who turns up to watch games and goes home again.

But what I would say is that there are definitely rumblings amongst the crowd. Some are not too happy with what they are seeing on the pitch and there is an air of cynicism about the true intentions of Brent and the board. The proposed development is not universally popular for reasons debated at length elsewhere on this forum. Not everyone shares the same opinions of course, but there is an element that are becoming worried.

Divisions are forming amongst the fanbase. I'd like everyone to pull together if possible.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
SwimWithTheTide":qovh6wfv said:
It's unsurprising that you wouldn't want fans represented in the form of a trust. You're pally with the chairman and are happy to give him free reign to do what he likes, good for you. That trust of James Brent doesn't extend to all of the Green Army though, most prefer to support Argyle rather than Akkeron. I think the chap has taken us as far as he can or wants to/willing to.

Unsurprising? Really? I used to love the Trust.

Until it was hijacked.

As for my friendship with JB, do you really think Iā€™d let anything or anyone harm the football club Iā€™ve Supported for 50 years? I mean properly supported not just yakkering from behind a keyboard.

You pop away sunshine, Iā€™m In a foul mood because of seeing that unfold yesterday and now I have someone doubting my greenness!!

Have a word with yourself.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Not doubting you as an Argyle fan Ian, but concerned that your personal relationship with James Brent won't see that a trust remains an essential asset for the supporters of the club. Fair enough disagree with the current stewardship of the trust's board, the same way that I disagree with the club's current board, but to dismiss the trust as a whole is a foolish move.

As for James Brent, if our club is seriously unable to compete with so many clubs in this division then something is wrong with the running of the club. The excuses are done with now, we're coming if the back of a positive run following our demise. Adams is underachieving his budget at current, but he's a new to the league manager with a tight purse. Its a recipe for struggle.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mate, the Trust is so important to the club, indeed any Trust is important to any club.

However what you fear in me (bias) is there in bucketloads with most of that lot.

ā€˜Ballboyā€™ nailed himself to that particular mast years ago, as did I, but I and many, many hundreds have pulled away. They know the truth, we had a membership of 1500 now what is it? Have you any idea?

I tell you what IF heā€™s telling the truth, which I doubt, why doesnā€™t he get the Trust to announce their present day numbers (I doubt whether they have the gonads to do that) and then again in two months. Then weā€™d all know the truth.

It wonā€™t happen, but would be good for transparency wouldnā€™t it?

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I must admit I do scratch my head at how the club are turning some of the biggest attendances at this level and a money spinning cup run into 'one of the smallest if not the smallest budget'.
As far as I can see not many of the clubs in this division have billionaire chairmen either

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think itā€™s hard to fathom because itā€™s untrue Patrick.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He certainly said something different at the PACSA meeting.

The Herald these days is akin to the Bunty so I never believe any quote from there!

B

BallboyEGS1958

IJN":botial37 said:
The OP once said that if you donā€™t believe in the AFT youā€™re not a fan. Says it all.

Iā€™m not a fan then.

I think you need to read what was actually stated and not twist it to mean what you want it to be.
Personally I have a lot of respect for Mr Bent and what he has done for the club, but unfortunately I am not in full agreement with his foture plans for the club.
Like anyone else I have the right to my opinion to agree or disagree on what I think is in our clubā€™s best interests.
I respect that everyone has a right to there own view and after over 60 years of supporting Argyle my only interest is the wellbeing of our club and everyone must do it as they see fit.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
SwimWithTheTide":s8jnu2m0 said:
Not doubting you as an Argyle fan Ian, but concerned that your personal relationship with James Brent won't see that a trust remains an essential asset for the supporters of the club. Fair enough disagree with the current stewardship of the trust's board, the same way that I disagree with the club's current board, but to dismiss the trust as a whole is a foolish move.

As for James Brent, if our club is seriously unable to compete with so many clubs in this division then something is wrong with the running of the club. The excuses are done with now, we're coming if the back of a positive run following our demise. Adams is underachieving his budget at current, but he's a new to the league manager with a tight purse. Its a recipe for struggle.

I have no affiliation to the Chairmen but I have the right to say that the trust does not speak for me, neither has the trust asked me of my thoughts or the thoughts of the 8-9 people I regularly attend games with. In our circle we are at 0% of representation by the AFT and yet we've had two statements of intent from the chair saying it's in my best interests! Says who? If they truly want to represent the trust they should ballot them, if they truly want to represent the Argyle fans in general than they should ballot them.

As for James Brent and Simon Hallett, they agreed a working budget with Adams and Adams has used it poorly. Your take is that there's something wrong with this club but maybe there's something wrong with all the other clubs by going into hock for success. Maybe we should hope for the same to have the boom but we should also remember the near bust afterwards. In the years since JB has been at the helm he has always made funds available to recruit when it has been needed and has backed each and every manager he's had under him. The rules have changed and with no loans it became imperative that Adams had his squad ready before the season started but did he and in fact has he still?

Aug 5, 2005
up_the_line":3aiuzkcf said:
I must admit I do scratch my head at how the club are turning some of the biggest attendances at this level and a money spinning cup run into 'one of the smallest if not the smallest budget'.
As far as I can see not many of the clubs in this division have billionaire chairmen either

Sorry to everyone else for repeating myself

Incomplete list of owners of League 1 clubs and estimated worth

Portsmouth Ā£1B
Blackburn Ā£650M
Scunthorpe Ā£445M
Charlton Ā£420M http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... c-takeover
Bristol Rovers Ā£400M http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foot ... istol-3330
Wigan Ā£250M
Rotherham Ā£180M
MK Dons Ā£160M https://companycheck.co.uk/director/900 ... AN/summary
Bradford over Ā£100M http://www.pulse1.co.uk/news/local-spor ... ord-city1/
Blackpool Ā£100M
Peteborough Ā£68M http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news ... st-1-98340
Doncaster Ā£36M

Those without links have information available on Wikipedia

And don't forget that FFP in the lower leagues allow for "gifts" to clubs which don't count towards turnover

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
BallboyEGS1958":2efmp3ww said:
HERALD and PASOTI

Thanks to the joint efforts of the Herald, PASOTI against the AFT and recent performances on the field you have managed between you to upset quiet a few Argyle supporters who I spoke to on Saturday.
From what I can gather the people who have publicly decided to leave the AFT, are going to be more then replaced with new members who are none to happy with what is going on in general.
They were non enamoured with the attacks on a body that was set up for the well being of the club and the way things are going at the club at present.
The Trust looks that it might well be the centre to rally the fans yet again.
So as a ordinary Trust member ā€œnot on the boardā€ I would like to thank PASOTI and the HERALD for your considerable help in putting the Trust in the lime light.

AFT ā€œ753ā€ Michael E Perry

Argyle fans support your Trust they are there to maintain the clubs wellbeing, contrary to what other people are trying to state.
:facepalm: Jesus Christ, here we go again. Just bore off, why don't you? :roll:

May 16, 2016
gaspargomez":4th7jcmd said:
I have no involvement or interest in the politics of the various fans groups. I'm just a bloke who turns up to watch games and goes home again.

But what I would say is that there are definitely rumblings amongst the crowd. Some are not too happy with what they are seeing on the pitch and there is an air of cynicism about the true intentions of Brent and the board. The proposed development is not universally popular for reasons debated at length elsewhere on this forum. Not everyone shares the same opinions of course, but there is an element that are becoming worried.

Divisions are forming amongst the fanbase. I'd like everyone to pull together if possible.

I'd go along with this. Interestingly yesterday speaking to someone who doesn't do the Forums, he had a totally different understanding of what the situation re. the development proposals are to mine. People are perhaps getting mixed messages and internet myths and truths over what the heck is being planned, let alone knowing what the AFT is.