Herald & Pasoti | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Herald & Pasoti

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
HC Green":1yib2xad said:
BallboyEGS1958":1yib2xad said:
HERALD and PASOTI

Thanks to the joint efforts of the Herald, PASOTI against the AFT and recent performances on the field you have managed between you to upset quiet a few Argyle supporters who I spoke to on Saturday.
From what I can gather the people who have publicly decided to leave the AFT, are going to be more then replaced with new members who are none to happy with what is going on in general.
They were non enamoured with the attacks on a body that was set up for the well being of the club and the way things are going at the club at present.
The Trust looks that it might well be the centre to rally the fans yet again.
So as a ordinary Trust member “not on the board” I would like to thank PASOTI and the HERALD for your considerable help in putting the Trust in the lime light.

AFT “753” Michael E Perry

Argyle fans support your Trust they are there to maintain the clubs wellbeing, contrary to what other people are trying to state.

From my small sample of Argyle fans I spoke to before the game, during the game and in the pub afterwards, not one person mentioned the AFT or the planning application.
Imho you have nailed it with this post HC Green. It is just a noisy few who object to the chairman, the planning applications, the AFT and so on. The majority of supporters watch the game and then go off and discuss the football. I am convinced that politics interest only a very small number of fans.

Jan 3, 2013
memory man":ye7g2wog said:
HC Green":ye7g2wog said:
BallboyEGS1958":ye7g2wog said:
HERALD and PASOTI

Thanks to the joint efforts of the Herald, PASOTI against the AFT and recent performances on the field you have managed between you to upset quiet a few Argyle supporters who I spoke to on Saturday.
From what I can gather the people who have publicly decided to leave the AFT, are going to be more then replaced with new members who are none to happy with what is going on in general.
They were non enamoured with the attacks on a body that was set up for the well being of the club and the way things are going at the club at present.
So as a ordinary Trust member “not on the board” I would like to thank PASOTI and the HERALD for your considerable help in putting the Trust in the lime light.

Argyle fans support your Trust they are there to maintain the clubs wellbeing, contrary to what other people are trying to state.

From my small sample of Argyle fans I spoke to before the game, during the game and in the pub afterwards, not one person mentioned the AFT or the planning application.
Imho you have nailed it with this post HC Green. It is just a noisy few who object to the chairman, the planning applications, the AFT and so on. The majority of supporters watch the game and then go off and discuss the football. I am convinced that politics interest only a very small number of fans.

Exactly

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Baby Face Johnson":3uipmvma said:
David_Fisher":3uipmvma said:
IJN":3uipmvma said:
He certainly said something different at the PACSA meeting.

The Herald these days is akin to the Bunty so I never believe any quote from there!

From the Official Site:

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2017/septem ... y-it-down/

Pretty unequivocal that.

Mmmmm, interesting that. Mind games? All I do know is that we certainly the worst or anywhere near it. Perhaps using the phrase 'we don't have the finances of anyone else in this league' is entirely true, but misleading if you see what I mean, perhaps purposely so.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was talking revenue, not league table wise.

I always like Sheridan. :lol:

Aug 5, 2015
I think we do actually need a fans trust of some kind. Maybe a Plymouth Argyle Fans Trust to which all season ticket holders are automatically members and others can join if they want to on payment of the appropriate fee. The trust should then raise funds from its members to be used to buy shares in PAFC and by negotiating at least one of its members on the board of PAFC. Such a trust would not be an undemocratic organisation that claims to speak for the majority of fans. Furthermore it's board would be unable to take a stance on any major issue without consulting its membership, such consultations are easily arranged on line. Such a trust would have a financial stake in the club and would be more than a talking shop. As such it would be accountable for all that it does. Anything has to be an improvement on the current model.

Jan 3, 2013
Kentishgreen":1x0r0tze said:
I think we do actually need a fans trust of some kind. Maybe a Plymouth Argyle Fans Trust to which all season ticket holders are automatically members and others can join if they want to on payment of the appropriate fee. The trust should then raise funds from its members to be used to buy shares in PAFC and by negotiating at least one of its members on the board of PAFC. Such a trust would not be an undemocratic organisation that claims to speak for the majority of fans. Furthermore it's board would be unable to take a stance on any major issue without consulting its membership, such consultations are easily arranged on line. Such a trust would have a financial stake in the club and would be more than a talking shop. As such it would be accountable for all that it does. Anything has to be an improvement on the current model.

Good points......might also remove the hypocritical egotists on the aft board

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
BallboyEGS1958":2986khym said:
HERALD and PASOTI

Have you let the Herald know of your findings too??

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ponty":37l4pjpj said:
BallboyEGS1958":37l4pjpj said:
HERALD and PASOTI

Well tbh I've been fretting all week that leaving the trust might damage things and hurt my team. Now I know that my support of the planning application and my opposition to the way the Trust has objected to it, will allow me to help the Trust AND Argyle by my resigning from the Trust. So I'm happy to do so. :thumbs:
What a relief!! I thought leaving the Trust might be a bad idea!! DOH! :facepalm:

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":1th4m9n4 said:
Ponty":1th4m9n4 said:
BallboyEGS1958":1th4m9n4 said:
HERALD and PASOTI

Well tbh I've been fretting all week that leaving the trust might damage things and hurt my team. Now I know that my support of the planning application and my opposition to the way the Trust has objected to it, will allow me to help the Trust AND Argyle by my resigning from the Trust. So I'm happy to do so. :thumbs:
What a relief!! I thought leaving the Trust might be a bad idea!! DOH! :facepalm:

I've cancelled my membership sub too.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
The Duke":1cw2qbdc said:
I’ve renewed mine and know several others who’ve done the same.

As you like but then the AFT shouldn't be agenda setting and I suppose your inclination would be JB bad as your friends do. The fact that anyone that has a different view wishes to leave means that the AFT has stopped representing all fans and will only represent those that oppose JB regardless. As such it has lost the moral high ground and is no better than the Facebook group you can (and probably have) joined for free. Mugs.