Hiram Boateng. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hiram Boateng.

Feb 23, 2008
Hopefully Palace having such a good start may work in our favour, ie they may spend in the January transfer window, strengthen and Hiram may be further down the pecking order.

Or it could work the other way and he's earned himself a move to a higher league in a team closer to home.

Hopefully Pardew will see sense and leave him where he is until the end of the season.... :greensmile:

Jan 6, 2004
The man is bordering on premier league standard already. It is not that what he does is particularly spectacular, but I have never seen a player at this level (and not many league 1 or the championship either) where so much of what he tries, be it a pass, a tackle or evading a tackle comes off. He nearly always does what he intends to do. Wouldnt surprise me if ends up an international one day.

Reid as MoM was a complete travesty.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
chunkymonkey78":19drk1h9 said:
Hopefully Palace having such a good start may work in our favour, ie they may spend in the January transfer window, strengthen and Hiram may be further down the pecking order.

Or it could work the other way and he's earned himself a move to a higher league in a team closer to home.

Hopefully Pardew will see sense and leave him where he is until the end of the season.... :greensmile:
Well summed up. DA has already stated that he is in regular touch with Pardew, so if the Palace manager is getting a warm feeling that being here is helping the lad, it will make sense to leave him here. Someone said a day or two ago - being part of a very successful L2 side may well be better for Hiram than joining a struggling L1 side. If the player is telling Palace that he is settled off the field here, eating the right things and living the right way, that could be a big factor too. I have always thought that a settled domestic life plays a huge part in a player's performance level. When it comes to checking him for themselves, although he is a long way from Palace there have been/will be opportunities for their coaching staff to see him at Wimbledon, Stevenage, Wycombe, Orient, Dagenham, Luton, Barnet.

Sep 23, 2005
Loved his goal celebration and the way he chased down everything in those last minutes.
He was determined his goal was going to be the winner.
Fine young player and great attitude.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Also unfair on his CM colleague, who considering he'd missed a few games and we were led to believe out for much longer, put in one hell of a shift.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
davie nine":3ka2emk1 said:
Not "head and shoulders above anyone else".
That would be very unfair on Carey in particular but certainly MoM.

Mmmm I think he was. Others were good for long parts of the game but for the whole 95 he was immense.

What a great thread though, we're actually about the %'age of good our players are rather than a few years ago when we were arguing about whether someone played 'poorly' 'badly' or simply 'crap'. :greensmile:

I love it when this site concentrates on football, I think it makes us all feel better.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Jun 11, 2012
Isn't it, just?

McHugh, Boateng & Carey as our midfield is ridiculously good for this division.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":1kq1ymcz said:
Problem is, with the rave reports Palace will be getting, it's only natural that they may want to expose him to a higher level of football to see what he does there.

We'll miss him like hell when he eventually goes that's for sure.

There may be an indication of Palace's intensions next month when the FA Cup comes around and whether they allow him to be cup tied. They may even bring him back to Selhurst and have a look at him and play him in the Cup themselves. Pardew currently has two 20 year olds in the first team squad who have been on the subs bench for the last two PL matches.

Apr 4, 2007
Grantham, Lincs
at Wimbledon in the league when the ball seemed to leave him he seemed to get it back without trying I thought to myself then that he was good, now he has started chipping in with goals he's proving what a run in lower league is worth verses U21, long may he remain and also look what we can do for your youngsters premiership..... it's only us though dont waste time lending them anywhere else :)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Some Argyle fans are concerned that his loan deal is only until January. He is only 19, he is progressing wonderfully and there is no reason for him to come home just yet. With at least five full internationals ahead of him for a first team place at Palace, Life at the top of the L2 will be a better learning ground than Under 21 development football. I see no reason for the loan not to be extended until May. A loan move to either a L1 or SBC side may be an option but here at HP he is now an established first teamer. He wouldn't get that elsewhere,